Where Are They Now

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I remember him for a different reason.

At the time I was living in Glenrothes, and knew a fair few members of the Glenrothes Arabs supporters club. Him and his mate Victor "Spit the Dog" Ferreyra were invited to their end of season awards do. Both turned up in shell suits, hoovered up more than half the raffle prizes between them and fucked off back to Dundee before the clock had even struck 10. I'm not sure Rojas ever played a single first team match for United.

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

At the time I was living in Glenrothes, and knew a fair few members of the Glenrothes Arabs supporters club. Him and his mate Victor "Spit the Dog" Ferreyra were invited to their end of season awards do. Both turned up in shell suits, hoovered up more than half the raffle prizes between them and fucked off back to Dundee before the clock had even struck 10. I'm not sure Rojas ever played a single first team match for United.

B1-C47-C82-7-DC4-4454-82-FD-1-F9-FCD5900

weirdly enough I just read that story 

15 hours ago, shut up meg said:

Like when Jim McLean got duped into buying Walter Rojas.

The rumour was that McLean saw a video of WR brother and signed the wrong brother.

30 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

His Record Down there is shocking:

• Championship - P12 (0 goals)
  • League 1 - P25 (2 Goals) 
  • League 2 - P13 (1 Goal)
  • Non League - P15 (0 Goals)

Just you wait. He'll score a couple goals at some point then bang in 90. Will be England's number 9 at Euro 2024. Then suddenly he'll turn absolutely hopeless again and not score for 3 years at any level

5 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Literally just turned on the Forest v QPR game and Scott McKenna starts holding his leg. Thirty seconds later he goes off with a hamstring injury. Not like him. 

I've got a sneaky feeling they might nick a play off place and do well in the knockouts. They're on some run and that boy Spence can do no wrong at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I've got a sneaky feeling they might nick a play off place and do well in the knockouts. They're on some run and that boy Spence can do no wrong at the moment. 

Forest had a horrendous start, but have certainly been picking up lots of points since about October. Was quite surprised they were still outs the top 6. 
McKenna has had a good season and is well thought of, with rumours Leicester are after him. But another hamstring injury would not look good on his CV. Hopefully not, and we get some sell on % of a big money transfer. 

27 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Forest had a horrendous start, but have certainly been picking up lots of points since about October. Was quite surprised they were still outs the top 6. 
McKenna has had a good season and is well thought of, with rumours Leicester are after him. But another hamstring injury would not look good on his CV. Hopefully not, and we get some sell on % of a big money transfer. 

Aye they've had a good fa cup run as well so clubs will be having a closer look 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Shinnie benched again for Wigan 

Big Josh starts 

Crazy the career that boy's had. Nearly 500 career appearances. Played 66 international matches and scored 9 goals. I've not actually seen him play since he left us, but I really just remember him being like (original) Ronaldo in some games, and like a guy who had two left feet and had never seen a football before in most other games. Plenty pace and power - goes a long way in modern day football it seems.

7 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Crazy the career that boy's had. Nearly 500 career appearances. Played 66 international matches and scored 9 goals. I've not actually seen him play since he left us, but I really just remember him being like (original) Ronaldo in some games, and like a guy who had two left feet and had never seen a football before in most other games. Plenty pace and power - goes a long way in modern day football it seems.

I called  him a battering ram

On 4/2/2022 at 1:15 PM, Don_Corleone said:

Interested to hear more about those games he played like Ronaldo ?

On 4/3/2022 at 8:36 AM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s done alright for himself to be fair.

Took a while to find his level.

Was too good for League Two, got a move to the Championship and struggled & now seems to have found his level at League One, whilst earning good money at Preston & Charlton.

He never really got a run here. Rooney was still banging them in and Stockley seemed to get sent off for next to nothing most times he played. Cards were definitely going to be marked if he stayed another season and smashing Tierneys teeth out!

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He never really got a run here. Rooney was still banging them in and Stockley seemed to get sent off for next to nothing most times he played. Cards were definitely going to be marked if he stayed another season and smashing Tierneys teeth out!

The refs up here were a total embarrassment with him. Would have fouls given against him before he’d even made a challenge in the air sometimes.

Scored a lovely goal v Partick Thistle was it?

8 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

The refs up here were a total embarrassment with him. Would have fouls given against him before he’d even made a challenge in the air sometimes.

Scored a lovely goal v Partick Thistle was it?

Aye that was a peach. I reckon he could have easy been a 15-20 goal striker here if he got the games. But it was the same problem for Shankland trying to break into the team…. If you are playing a system with 1 up front and the guy with the number 9 shirt is banging in 20-30 goals every season then it’s going to be very hard to get a run. 

could do with a young shankland or a stockley trying to get into the team now!