Where Are They Now

5 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Jack Gurr starting for Sacramento Republic vs SJ Earthquake in an hour and a half, in the USL... the American Highland League. 

Might watch it, see if he's found his level. 

What sort of wages would he be looking at in that League?

Full time I assume?

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, RAZOR said:

Full time I assume?

Thinking of giving it one last go?

19 hours ago, RUL said:

Bizarre. Scored a lot of goals?

Well we did, initially. 

The problem was we couldn't defend worth a fuck, then confidence within the team went and the goals eventually dried up too. 

3 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Sounds like a Q for @Ten Caat

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Thinking of giving it one last go?

More in disbelief the lad is still playing fitba at any level.

Expecting young Kelt to come back with some ridiculous figure that makes him better paid than most in our League.

21 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

IMG-20220525-WA0005.jpg

Allan Russell. Wow.

To be fair to him, most of the goals we scored were from his set piece routines. So I can see why he himself thought he'd made a difference.

Completely outweighed by the atrocious coaching in every other area of the pitch by everyone else though.

Agree with BBB that with a different management team he'd have been a very useful coach. 

5 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

I think Glass could've been a good coach, just not cut out to be a manager, same vein as Ian Cathro good coach but never a manager in a month of sundays 

If he had come in as assistant to a decent manager, we’d be looking forward to euro draw.

9 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

I think Glass could've been a good coach, just not cut out to be a manager, same vein as Ian Cathro good coach but never a manager in a month of sundays 

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

If he had come in as assistant to a decent manager, we’d be looking forward to euro draw.

We'll never know but I think there's good potential in that theory. It did seem like he know what he wanted to do but he certainly didn't have an eye for a player and can't imagine he was very motivating. Total blouse as my man @minijc would say

Does anyone remember who the Polish striker was that we had on trial during the Calderwood years? Scored a hat-trick in a pre-season friendly up in Peterhead or Fraserburgh (i think). Remember at the time thinking he had a decent pedigree and could have been a good signing but it all fell through for some reason.

Also did we once have Lee Hendrie on trial? Every time i see him on Soccer Saturday i'm convinced he was linked with us at some point.

11 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Does anyone remember who the Polish striker was that we had on trial during the Calderwood years? Scored a hat-trick in a pre-season friendly up in Peterhead or Fraserburgh (i think). Remember at the time thinking he had a decent pedigree and could have been a good signing but it all fell through for some reason.

Also did we once have Lee Hendrie on trial? Every time i see him on Soccer Saturday i'm convinced he was linked with us at some point.

piotr włodarczyk. i saw him against montrose and he looked a decent striker. im sure gary dempsey struck one into the corner of the net that day too. i think we also played against fraserburgh and scored a hat trick... think mackie got a hat trick too though. 

Think we were priced out for him. £500k

Aye we had hendrie on trial under mcghee. mcghee took about 90 players on trial including him, rohan rickets and some pakistan international im sure. only signed jerel ifill so fuck knows how bad the others were

11 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Piotr Wlodarczyk? Think Hendrie was with us under Mark McGhee in pre season alongside other such luminaries as Grant Basey and Robbie Williams

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

piotr włodarczyk. i saw him against montrose and he looked a decent striker. im sure gary dempsey struck one into the corner of the net that day too. i think we also played against fraserburgh and scored a hat trick... think mackie got a hat trick too though. 

Aye we had hendrie on trial under mcghee. mcghee took about 90 players on trial including him, rohan rickets and some pakistan international im sure. only signed jerel ifill so fuck knows how bad the others were

Thanks, thats him. I'm sure we scored 9 or 10 that night up in Fraserburgh. Ah would make sense if the price was too high, that must have been around the time that we were just starting to spend money again after the whole toastergate saga.

29 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/4685919.stm

18 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You sure?

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Thats the game. Sure i've got photos (taken on an old nokia phone) from that game on a hard drive somewhere.

I remember us being after Maloney also. I'm sure we almost had him signed and then Celtic got injury problems and decided to keep him and he ended up having one of his best ever seasons as a Celtic player.

Was Lee hendrie not in under Skovdahl,  I'm also sure we had some lad from Chelsea.

And under Hegarty I think we had a boy over Frank Arnoux?  He spent about a month in Scotland but due to bad weather never played a game im sure, 

Ofcourse famously the purple haired Tim cunt, had Hermann Hriedersson on trial but was " no better than what we currently had"  Smith, inglis,etc. fucking useless gype

4 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Was Lee hendrie not in under Skovdahl,  I'm also sure we had some lad from Chelsea.

And under Hegarty I think we had a boy over Frank Arnoux?  He spent about a month in Scotland but due to bad weather never played a game im sure, 

Ofcourse famously the purple haired Tim cunt, had Hermann Hriedersson on trial but was " no better than what we currently had"  Smith, inglis,etc. fucking useless gype

Lee Hendre was on trial in 2010 under that wank who recently was relieved of his duties at Dundee.

Can't remember anyone coming to the club from that awful west end London club under Skovdahl. However, the one we got from a so-called big club in England was Alex Notman during his tenure.

54 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Lee Hendre was on trial in 2010 under that wank who recently was relieved of his duties at Dundee.

Can't remember anyone coming to the club from that awful west end London club under Skovdahl. However, the one we got from a so-called big club in England was Alex Notman during his tenure.

Was Lee Hendrie just about to sign until Paul Hartley came into the frame?

Remember Alex Di Rocco?

Despite so many shit shows over the past 20 years, the last game i left early was a match in the early 2000's against Motherwell under Skovdahl. 3-1 down with not long to go, remember it being a freezing afternoon, had enough and decided to head for the car.

Got into the car and turned the radio on to find out Di Rocco had scored 2 late goals to make the score 3-3.

Never left a game early since.

8 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Full time I assume?

According to Google, $25-35k a year is average, but $60k (48k GBP) is what the top players in USL earn. 

I wouldn't imagine Gurr is considered one of the top players if last night was any indication, though. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

If we'd have stuck with McInnes we'd also be looking forward to European football, more than likely straight into the league stages. 

However we didn't on both counts and as such Dave and his puppet dragged the club 10 years backwards.

• Haha 2