Where Are They Now

33 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

If we'd have stuck with McInnes we'd also be looking forward to European football, more than likely straight into the league stages. 

However we didn't on both counts and as such Dave and his puppet dragged the club 10 years backwards.

I think that’s a stretch.  His supporters will claim We don’t know to what degree his January window was influenced but judging by the football on the pitch the 6months previous I’d say generous at best.

And I suppose the following arguement would be once in the groups what would he have done with the games (think bambi in headlights) and what would he have done with the cash (think Gleason, Forrester, Dubai book makers…)

• Upvote 1
42 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

If we'd have stuck with McInnes we'd also be looking forward to European football, more than likely straight into the league stages. 

However we didn't on both counts and as such Dave and his puppet dragged the club 10 years backwards.

More than likely straight into the group stages? For that we’d have had to finish 3rd… we didn’t do that in any of his last 3 seasons. 

42 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

More than likely straight into the group stages? For that we’d have had to finish 3rd… we didn’t do that in any of his last 3 seasons. 

A fact that is always ignored by the McInnes fan club when discussing him.

We weren’t even best of the rest under him for almost half his time in charge here.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Was Lee hendrie not in under Skovdahl,  I'm also sure we had some lad from Chelsea.

And under Hegarty I think we had a boy over Frank Arnoux?  He spent about a month in Scotland but due to bad weather never played a game im sure, 

Ofcourse famously the purple haired Tim cunt, had Hermann Hriedersson on trial but was " no better than what we currently had"  Smith, inglis,etc. fucking useless gype

Wasn’t Chelsea it was Arsenal. David Rocastle. Both him and Hendrie were done. Was that the year we signed the ex Blackburn striker. ? Mike Newall. 

6 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Wasn’t Chelsea it was Arsenal. David Rocastle. Both him and Hendrie were done. Was that the year we signed the ex Blackburn striker. ? Mike Newall. 

Aye, it was. Mikey Newell signed for us in 1997 after being released by Birmingham. David Rocastle came on trial that year but Roy Aitken thought he wasn't good enough,  therefore no contract was offered to him. 

2 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I think that’s a stretch.  His supporters will claim We don’t know to what degree his January window was influenced but judging by the football on the pitch the 6months previous I’d say generous at best.

6 months previous to the January?

The first half of 2020/21 we were playing some great stuff. Up until Watkins got injured in late November anyway

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye, it was. Mikey Newell signed for us in 1997 after being released by Birmingham. David Rocastle came on trial that year but Roy Aitken thought he wasn't good enough,  therefore no contract was offered to him. 

Scored against the huns in my first ever game at pittodrie. Lost 4-2. 

23 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Was that the one Jess scored an indirect free kick? 2-0 down and got it back to 2 each. Remember Porini scoring a terrible free header from about a yard out. And their 4th they had 2 players offside. Was bouncing in the South stand when we equalised

7 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Was that the one Jess scored an indirect free kick? 2-0 down and got it back to 2 each. Remember Porini scoring a terrible free header from about a yard out. And their 4th they had 2 players offside. Was bouncing in the South stand when we equalised

The very same. I saw a pair of lady tits before the game when some tart on Urquhart street flashed a bunch of fans up ahead of us. Definitely the highlight of the day. 

8 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Good shout min. Forgot he scored in that game, always though it was Andrea's Mayer and Eoin Jess that got the goals for us that day.

Must have been one of Mikey Newell's last games (if not his last) for Aberdeen.

First goal I seen him score for us was a beautifully bulleted diving header at the Roseburn end of Tynecastle to give us the lead. Shame we went on lose 4-1 that afternoon?

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Good shout min. Forgot he scored in that game, always though it was Andrea's Mayer and Eoin Jess that got the goals for us that day.

Must have been one of Mikey Newell's last games (if not his last) for Aberdeen.

First goal I seen him score for us was a beautifully bulleted diving header at the Roseburn end of Tynecastle to give us the lead. Shame we went on lose 4-1 that afternoon?

It’s on YouTube, I can only remember the Jess indirect free kick in the box. A burning hatred ignited that day, start em young.     

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

It’s on YouTube, I can only remember the Jess indirect free kick in the box. A burning hatred ignited that day, start em young.     

The atmosphere at the hun home games around that time up to, say, 2003, when Jason Cowie fresh air kicked out at pricksen on the pitch, and beforehand going back to the 80s, were a pleasure and a delight to behold. 

You could feel the intangible hatred and poison wisping through the air within Pittodrie. ?

17 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Remember Alex Di Rocco?

Despite so many shit shows over the past 20 years, the last game i left early was a match in the early 2000's against Motherwell under Skovdahl. 3-1 down with not long to go, remember it being a freezing afternoon, had enough and decided to head for the car.

Got into the car and turned the radio on to find out Di Rocco had scored 2 late goals to make the score 3-3.

Never left a game early since.

Eoin Jess came on as a sub that day late in the game (we were either 2-1 or 3-1 down at that point) as Skovdahl was sulking with him therefore dropped him from the starting XI, ultimately putting himself before the club and its supporters. 

The game was in 2000 and, your right, it was bloody freezing and pushing of rain, if I remember correctly.

7 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Mark Nicholls was definitely up perhaps that boy was too.

Was up at us may 2001

Woods was later, 2010 or thereabouts.

Fitted the bill at the time, been out for forever with a knee injury and released by Chelsea. We ended up with Osborne and Milsom in that mould anyway.

13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Longstaff v James Wilson on Sky just now in League 2 play off final.

Ryan Edmondson on bench too. Wilson scores Port Vale’s second.

Edmondson. Up there as one of the worst strikers I’ve ever seen (dis)grace the Dons jersey.

He looked like what he was. A recently converted centre half cum centre forward.

Absolute carthorse.  

Says all you need to know about the stupidity of English football that he’ll be earning about £100k per year for being utterly shite. 

That horrible hun bastard Jason Cummings playing in a novelty match against Barcelona the other day - can’t believe he’s only 26, thought he was about 36

switched nationalities to try get international fitba and didn’t get selected. Loser 

37 minutes ago, Poodler said:

That horrible hun bastard Jason Cummings playing in a novelty match against Barcelona the other day - can’t believe he’s only 26, thought he was about 36

switched nationalities to try get international fitba and didn’t get selected. Loser 

When did he play for Aberdeen 

• Haha 2