Where Are They Now

That 5 yrs 88 -93 arguably the best attacking players we ever had ,

Nicholas, Gillhaus, Van Der Ark, Jess, Booth, Paatelainen, Shearer,  that's an unbelievable striking array, backed up by 

Mason, Bett, Richardson, in midfield.

And there was Cameron , Gibson , Roddie, Scott Thomson, Paul.Wright, John Hewitt,   also involved in that 5 yrs .

Fuck sake that is unbelievable that a club with that much attacking talent won fuck all

• Haha 1
On 8/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, King Street Loon said:

Shearer came to us when he was 29, almost 30 and still scored a shed load of goals. 

Rooney was good, but not on the same level as Shearer. Don't think Rooney would still have been as consistent as Shearer was.

What’s the relevance of the age? 29s a decent age. No doubting shearer is better from me though. That wasn’t my point 

The only reason he was on the left wing was because that’s where he targeted the out ball.  Problem was the defence and keeper took it literally and tried it each and every time.

1/. Took Rooney out of the middle

2/.  Easy to defend

3/.  Defenders at the time couldn’t find him anyway with a map compass and spotlight.

Tried it with McLean putting him out there as well.  Strangely (as the only deep midfielder capable of playing that long pass) that didn’t work either.

1 hour ago, Don Fonte said:

Mikey Devlin - signing a short term contract for some no mark team down south.

If he can stay fit he'll be a massive asset to... 

...hahahahahaha, I'm just kidding. That cunt's not getting fit. 

• Upvote 1

I wish Devlin all the best. AFC fans giving him stick for being injured is a bit out of order. I presume he would have wanted to play, get appearance and win bonuses and stay in the Scotland squad. It must have been hell for him the past few years with his injuries. 
Hopefully he stays fit this time and restarts his career. 

• Upvote 4
35 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

I wish Devlin all the best. AFC fans giving him stick for being injured is a bit out of order. I presume he would have wanted to play, get appearance and win bonuses and stay in the Scotland squad. It must have been hell for him the past few years with his injuries. 
Hopefully he stays fit this time and restarts his career. 

no players going to want to be injured as much as he was but not everyone's bodies can cope with the strain, must be heaps of kids drop out every year for the same reason

when you see the shite we've had to endure over the years it would have magic to see him fit playing every week

4 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Fair play.  Kenny Maclean gets another win at Left Back.  Particularly impressive bearing in mind the Centre Half inside him was Grant Hanley!

I was at Carrow road last weekend, and he was actually decent there. He was the first choice pass from the keeper for the whole game, and rarely gave the ball away. Didn't have much defending to do though.

10 hours ago, Roberto said:

His head went like and no wonder. It must have been an absolute cunt for him.

Scotland ruined the man.

I actually enjoyed having him here WHEN he was fit. He wasn't the worst player we ever had at the club.

For a while him and McKenna looked like a good partnership at CB for us.

Putting Arfield in his place was easily the highlight of his AFC career though.

2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

For a while him and McKenna looked like a good partnership at CB for us.

Putting Arfield in his place was easily the highlight of his AFC career though.

Aye he was great with McKenna that first 6 months and deservedly got into the Scotland squad. 

A mere shadow after that.  Ruined. 

A real shame