Where Are They Now

4 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aberdeen fans do have an obsession of calling all goal scorers shite. 

Outwith those 18 months you couldnae really describe Cosgrove as a 'goalscorer' though. It's clear it was a freak episode in a plainly shite lower league clogger's career - albeit much to AFC's benefit.

Nae ill wishes to the boy either - I genuinely hope he scored a fat contract out of Birmingham out of it

On 9/1/2022 at 9:48 AM, Rubinho Escocia said:

I liked Skovdahl and could see what he was trying to do; in some ways Glass was the same for me in that I could see what he was trying to do - unfortunately I don’t think Glass had the managerial experience to do it.

The rest were disasters and I include Brown in that who was useless. However, I guess you don’t know the budgets they were given. Patterson felt like he had no budget and Alex Miller started better than I expected (not hard and still not great) but shipped out a lot of expensive players and replace them with dross.

Stay off the drugs. Glass didn't even know what he was trying to do. Joke appointment.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Stay off the drugs. Glass didn't even know what he was trying to do. Joke appointment.

I don’t think Glass should have been appointed either as his lack of experience meant his friendship with the chairman was seen as the reason for him getting the job, and that meant it wouldn’t take much for his position to be untenable. Probably inevitably given his experience, that happened pretty quickly.

However, it’s pretty clear that Glass wanted to play a possession based game and bring through youngsters - do you think Ramsay would have been a regular last season if McInnes was still in charge?

For the avoidance of doubt that’s not a go at McInnes, as he’d have taken the risk adverse route and we would probably have been more successful short term.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:30 AM, Sooper-hanz said:

Brown wasn’t a disaster like those others in the photo. Signed Hayes, McGinn, Reynolds and Russell Anderson. 

That was the problem for me. He signed good players and had a decent team. The football and ultimately the results were utter garbage though.

On 9/8/2022 at 3:52 PM, Mouzer said:

Kyle Macaulay, just gone to Chelsea with Graham Potter as his head of recruitment. He's done alright.

Decent article here and sounds like Potter is a decent lad. Honestly could not remember Kyle Macaulay ever playing for us!

https://trainingground.guru/articles/kyle-macauley-from-student-to-part-of-graham-potters-inner-circle

19 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Did he not have a stunning game when we ended their 77 game unbeaten run at Celtic park?

a win is always possible

Aberdeen: Preece, Higgins, Rutkiewicz, Muirhead, Morrison, Tosh (Prunty 23), Heikkinen, Sheerin, Buckley, Zdrilic, Foster. 

Formation of that god awful team?