Where Are They Now

1 hour ago, Dorich Bisconti said:

Hung out to dry by cantwin as well I wasn't convinced he was as bad as some were saying as I thought at the time it was stupid to let him leave.

Wasn't very good under Glass wont deny that, think having no pre-season and being in a rank rotten DOns side didn't help

Would have liked to see him given a chance in the first team but JG clearly has his favourites and if he doesn't fancy you then you wont get a look in 

• Upvote 1

Bates > Stewart

I agree having to play on the left hung him out to dry

Of course he had his faults and did give away too many free kicks but within the budget we were operating at he was reasonable. And most certainly shouldn't have been allowed to leave until a replacement was in the door. 

However Goodwin obviously believed that Stewart > Bates. Says it all really

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If a right footed centre back can't play left centre back in a back four then I'd say you've got a pretty limited footballer 

There's a reason why Stewart plays on the right and Scales on the left. If Goodwin told them he wanted them to play on the opposite side to what they do, they'd think he'd lost his mind. 

No one expects a left back to be able to play right back and vice versa. 

To my mind anyone who is totally one footed crosses the threshold for being a limited footballer. However our budget sadly means that we will have plenty limited footballers in our squad

Bates was played out of his natural position in an utterly shite team. 

32 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Bates > Stewart

I agree having to play on the left hung him out to dry

Of course he had his faults and did give away too many free kicks but within the budget we were operating at he was reasonable. And most certainly shouldn't have been allowed to leave until a replacement was in the door. 

However Goodwin obviously believed that Stewart > Bates. Says it all really

Surely with the budget we have been operating with, we could have found two CBs with two good feet. 

A footballer is always going to have one stronger foot than the other but other than one just for standing on should be nowhere near Aberdeen. 

No excuses for the extremely poor recruitment. 

19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

There's a reason why Stewart plays on the right and Scales on the left. If Goodwin told them he wanted them to play on the opposite side to what they do, they'd think he'd lost his mind. 

No one expects a left back to be able to play right back and vice versa. 

To my mind anyone who is totally one footed crosses the threshold for being a limited footballer. However our budget sadly means that we will have plenty limited footballers in our squad

Bates was played out of his natural position in an utterly shite team. 

Plenty teams have had right footed centre backs playing on the left of the two with great success. 

We've discussed this many times before. 

Additionally, Bates played in both centre back positions during his time here and didn't impress in either. 

14 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Surely with the budget we have been operating with, we could have found two CBs with two good feet. 

A footballer is always going to have one stronger foot than the other but other than one just for standing on should be nowhere near Aberdeen. 

Certainly some think a good centre half is folly at Aberdeen 

8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Well said min.  It's the footballer that's poor rather than him being asked to do something completely unnatural. 

Arteta plays inverted full backs at Arsenal ffs.   That's radical, nae asking someone to shunt over the back line a wee bit.

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Well said min.  It's the footballer that's poor rather than him being asked to do something completely unnatural. 

Arteta plays inverted full backs at Arsenal ffs.   That's radical, nae asking someone to shunt over the back line a wee bit.

Correct min. If a footballer cannot adapt accordingly when on the pitch, he shouldn't be a footballer as clearly he (or she) is out of their depth. 

Wow

David Robertson programme on BBC scotland

Been on for 15 mins and he has already said

"My dream was to get into the aberdeen team so I could get a move to a big club"

(After his kashmir team won a cup game) "that was almost as good a feeling as winning the 9th championship with rangers"

He comes across as rather dim

• Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Wow

David Robertson programme on BBC scotland

Been on for 15 mins and he has already said

"My dream was to get into the aberdeen team so I could get a move to a big club"

(After his kashmir team won a cup game) "that was almost as good a feeling as winning the 9th championship with rangers"

He comes across as rather dim

You mean you didn't already know this. And it's not coming across as dim. He genuinely is remedial