Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

I dont think its about ducking him because he's running scared, I think its more about Khabib having no box office draw and fighting in a style that doesnt really suit McGregor. McGregor is about 2 things in UFC as far as i can see, creating a legacy and making millions each fight. The UFC legend legacy he's trying to create would be damaged if Khabib did manage to take him down and smother him and the money wouldnt be there fighting him.

Its just not the sort of fight I see him going for, winning gets him very little, losing damages his position.

Would agree that Khabib isn't a big name but he's the guy that fights the guy that makes the money.

If he had beat Diaz then winning gets him little and losing damages his position. He still took it and lost. He couldn't really sue going up an extra weight as an excuse either as Diaz did not have a lot of time to prepare either.

A shot at the WW title against Woodley would be massive, probably a bigger fight than Alvarez, although it'll be hard to top the NYC/MSG occasion last weekend. A 3 weight champion would never be beaten though. That match would have been impossible 2 years ago with the ranking system and the fact Wonderboy obviously deserves a rematch but McGregors changed everything now. Back it up with Khabib v El Cucuy and Aldo v Holloway (for Aldo's interm belt although McGregor can drop it after his match) and you've got a card to rival 205.

I think it will be Diaz though, rumours for it to happen in Brooklyn. One more fight then i don't think you'll see him for a year after the birth of his kid.

Unless he gains weight in a measured and timely manner, I can't see the Woodley fight happening. He doesn't have the best gas tank as it is, never mind carrying all the extra muscle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't stand Jones but credit where it's due.

Fight fans seem to think he beats Brock easily, but putting on a load of muscle and fighting the same is a completely different prospect. He does need to move up though as there's nothing left for him to achieve at 205lbs, aside from convincingly beating Gustaffson.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched Wonderboy v Till last night. Brutal. Won't be going out of my way to watch either again.

Didn't like Till at all. Should just accept he is a middlewight or LHW and fight there. Every fighter who has come on to the scales over the limit in 2018 has won. Needs to be looked at.

Fight was wearing and Till's false bravado afterwards was cringey. He is desperate to be the next Conor McGregor. There will only be one McGregor, the same way there will only be one Jon Jones, one Chuck Liddell etc etc.

Watched Wonderboy v Till last night. Brutal. Won't be going out of my way to watch either again.

Didn't like Till at all. Should just accept he is a middlewight or LHW and fight there. Every fighter who has come on to the scales over the limit in 2018 has won. Needs to be looked at.

Fight was wearing and Till's false bravado afterwards was cringey. He is desperate to be the next Conor McGregor. There will only be one McGregor, the same way there will only be one Jon Jones, one Chuck Liddell etc etc.

you're wrong.

Who didn't win?

I got my info online so could well be wrong.

I'm being a dick, lassie that fought in the pre lims last night lost after failing to make weight so it's 7/8

I get why people didn't enjoy that fight, far too much respect shown between the two, too many glove touches throughout the rounds which is off putting, thought it was a fair result however two judges were way off.

I never watched it.

I wasn't interested.

I don't really know much about UFC, I must confess - but I don't think I really want to.

I watched Conor McGregor against Nate Diaz... it seemed a decent enough fight, but I don't know what decent enough in UFC is. The only reason I watched it was because I was in KL so it was on at a reasonable time for me to watch, I'd not have bothered otherwise.

I read alot about that Khabib cunt, so if he fights McGregor - I'd maybe watch it. The only reason I'd watch is because I think that Khabib cunt has a chance of knocking McGregor out, because I hate him.

You'd get amazing odds on that because Khabib's stand up is terrible. A very good chance of him ragdolling Conor for 5 rounds though.

Which Conor v Diaz fight did you watch? 1 or 2?

I'm being a dick, lassie that fought in the pre lims last night lost after failing to make weight so it's 7/8

I get why people didn't enjoy that fight, far too much respect shown between the two, too many glove touches throughout the rounds which is off putting, thought it was a fair result however two judges were way off.

Ah, good spot. It was before the fight I had read that so lazy on my part.

Yes, constant high fives, both not wanting to get hit.

I didn't think Till won, but couldn't argue if it was a draw, or 48-47 on all three cards either way. 49-46 was a joke, especially when one of them gave Till the first round.