Sign in to follow this  
dj_bollocks

Ufc

Aberdeens Paull McBain debuting on Cage Warriors in Dublin tomorrow night. Live on UFC fight pass

Good old slobberknocker this morning in the Johnson v Gaethje fight. Best fight I've seen in a while, well worth watching.

Can't stand Jones but credit where it's due.

Fight fans seem to think he beats Brock easily, but putting on a load of muscle and fighting the same is a completely different prospect. He does need to move up though as there's nothing left for him to achieve at 205lbs, aside from convincingly beating Gustaffson.

Well that pissed on any fighting event I've seen in years. Doesn't get better than all 3 titles swapping hands by KO/stoppage.

Well that pissed on any fighting event I've seen in years. Doesn't get better than all 3 titles swapping hands by KO/stoppage.

Saw some of the stoppages, pure quality, the GSP finish was ace almost killed that mouthpiece.

Hype job that got found out, fair play to her for getting the wwe deal

What a joke 223 is turning into. Holloway not allowed to keep cutting weight now. Pettis possibly fighting Khabib but he stopped cutting weight after Chiesa got the brunt of Conner's shenanigans :hunbash:

Hopefully they give it to Al Laquinta.

Watched Wonderboy v Till last night. Brutal. Won't be going out of my way to watch either again.

Didn't like Till at all. Should just accept he is a middlewight or LHW and fight there. Every fighter who has come on to the scales over the limit in 2018 has won. Needs to be looked at.

Fight was wearing and Till's false bravado afterwards was cringey. He is desperate to be the next Conor McGregor. There will only be one McGregor, the same way there will only be one Jon Jones, one Chuck Liddell etc etc.

Watched Wonderboy v Till last night. Brutal. Won't be going out of my way to watch either again.

Didn't like Till at all. Should just accept he is a middlewight or LHW and fight there. Every fighter who has come on to the scales over the limit in 2018 has won. Needs to be looked at.

Fight was wearing and Till's false bravado afterwards was cringey. He is desperate to be the next Conor McGregor. There will only be one McGregor, the same way there will only be one Jon Jones, one Chuck Liddell etc etc.

you're wrong.

you're wrong.

Who didn't win?

I got my info online so could well be wrong.

I never watched it.

I wasn't interested.

I don't really know much about UFC, I must confess - but I don't think I really want to.

I watched Conor McGregor against Nate Diaz... it seemed a decent enough fight, but I don't know what decent enough in UFC is. The only reason I watched it was because I was in KL so it was on at a reasonable time for me to watch, I'd not have bothered otherwise.

I read alot about that Khabib cunt, so if he fights McGregor - I'd maybe watch it. The only reason I'd watch is because I think that Khabib cunt has a chance of knocking McGregor out, because I hate him.

Who didn't win?

I got my info online so could well be wrong.

I'm being a dick, lassie that fought in the pre lims last night lost after failing to make weight so it's 7/8

I get why people didn't enjoy that fight, far too much respect shown between the two, too many glove touches throughout the rounds which is off putting, thought it was a fair result however two judges were way off.

I never watched it.

I wasn't interested.

I don't really know much about UFC, I must confess - but I don't think I really want to.

I watched Conor McGregor against Nate Diaz... it seemed a decent enough fight, but I don't know what decent enough in UFC is. The only reason I watched it was because I was in KL so it was on at a reasonable time for me to watch, I'd not have bothered otherwise.

I read alot about that Khabib cunt, so if he fights McGregor - I'd maybe watch it. The only reason I'd watch is because I think that Khabib cunt has a chance of knocking McGregor out, because I hate him.

You'd get amazing odds on that because Khabib's stand up is terrible. A very good chance of him ragdolling Conor for 5 rounds though.

Which Conor v Diaz fight did you watch? 1 or 2?

I'm being a dick, lassie that fought in the pre lims last night lost after failing to make weight so it's 7/8

I get why people didn't enjoy that fight, far too much respect shown between the two, too many glove touches throughout the rounds which is off putting, thought it was a fair result however two judges were way off.

Ah, good spot. It was before the fight I had read that so lazy on my part.

Yes, constant high fives, both not wanting to get hit.

I didn't think Till won, but couldn't argue if it was a draw, or 48-47 on all three cards either way. 49-46 was a joke, especially when one of them gave Till the first round.

For me Till done enough especially with the knock down in the 5th, I'm new to watching MMA but I think if you are coming to a big fight fighting the home town boy who is majorly hyped you've got to do more than Thompson, Till landed 10 more strikes than him, his front leg side kick in the second round was so good he should've stuck with that as it was causing Thompson a fair bit of trouble. As for Tills interview I genuinely think that's how he is, he's a tough cunt with a sketchy past, when he says he's not scared to fight anyone I believe that, it's just a shame he couldn't get his weight right, I know plenty of lads that fight that put themselves through hell to make weight so it's poor form for Pros to fail so bad.

You'd get amazing odds on that because Khabib's stand up is terrible. A very good chance of him ragdolling Conor for 5 rounds though.

Which Conor v Diaz fight did you watch? 1 or 2?

I don't actually know if he would beat him - I just hear folk going on about the Khabib guy and that he's got the power etc. I base the opinion on those who watch UFC - so I would watch the fight if it happens just in the hope Conor gets sparked out, as I hate that bastard.

I had to check, it wasn't even Nate Diaz fight. It just proves my point that I know absolutely fuck all about it. It was actually the fight against Eddie Alvarez I saw. I rest my case in my knowledge of UFC. I just don't get into it at all like some of you cunts.

There was some other fight that card I found decent. Woodley, ended in a draw - enjoyed that.

As for any other fights, I've either not watched, or I get bored. Glad I never watched last night put it that way.

For me Till done enough especially with the knock down in the 5th, I'm new to watching MMA but I think if you are coming to a big fight fighting the home town boy who is majorly hyped you've got to do more than Thompson, Till landed 10 more strikes than him, his front leg side kick in the second round was so good he should've stuck with that as it was causing Thompson a fair bit of trouble. As for Tills interview I genuinely think that's how he is, he's a tough cunt with a sketchy past, when he says he's not scared to fight anyone I believe that, it's just a shame he couldn't get his weight right, I know plenty of lads that fight that put themselves through hell to make weight so it's poor form for Pros to fail so bad.

That's not how it's scored though, is it? That was his only convincing round for me. Wonderboy easily took first. Three close rounds in between.

Wonderboy definitely had to be more aggressive.

I absolutely believe he isn't scared to fight anyone (£££) but it absolutely appeared to be bravado to me. Played top the gallery last night and it was lapped up. Would have looked a like a mongo anywhere else.

That's not how it's scored though, is it? That was his only convincing round for me. Wonderboy easily took first. Three close rounds in between.

Wonderboy definitely had to be more aggressive.

I absolutely believe he isn't scared to fight anyone (£££) but it absolutely appeared to be bravado to me. Played top the gallery last night and it was lapped up. Would have looked a like a mongo anywhere else.

I know that's not how it's scored but Wonderboy was constantly on the back foot, Till was the aggressor which can sway judges, I watched Joe Rogans fight companion at the same time as the fight and Brandan Schaub said it was Tills 4-1 taking in to account it was in Liverpool, it's a shame it works that way but going forward there should be some interesting fights.

Did you watch Bellator on Friday?

I don't actually know if he would beat him - I just hear folk going on about the Khabib guy and that he's got the power etc. I base the opinion on those who watch UFC - so I would watch the fight if it happens just in the hope Conor gets sparked out, as I hate that bastard.

I had to check, it wasn't even Nate Diaz fight. It just proves my point that I know absolutely fuck all about it. It was actually the fight against Eddie Alvarez I saw. I rest my case in my knowledge of UFC. I just don't get into it at all like some of you cunts.

There was some other fight that card I found decent. Woodley, ended in a draw - enjoyed that.

As for any other fights, I've either not watched, or I get bored. Glad I never watched last night put it that way.

Not being a dick but I think you are maybe mixing up fighters here as Khabib isn't a stand up guy and is known for his poor striking. He's a wrestler and throws guys about for fun. If you want to see him embarrassed, this could be the fight for you but would bet my mortgage it would take place on the ground.

The McGregor v Alvarez fight was very good. Nobody expected McGregor to win so handily.

There should be more scope for draws in MMA and the scoring system should be revamped.

No one really deserved to win or lose that fight last night.

I know that's not how it's scored but Wonderboy was constantly on the back foot, Till was the aggressor which can sway judges, I watched Joe Rogans fight companion at the same time as the fight and Brandan Schaub said it was Tills 4-1 taking in to account it was in Liverpool, it's a shame it works that way but going forward there should be some interesting fights.

Did you watch Bellator on Friday?

Aggressor is a bit ott for last night in my opinion. What he did do well was cut down space, but even looking at the stats it wasn't like he was throwing a constant flurry of strikes.

No, never really watched Bellator pal. It's always seemed a bit of a joke but I do believe they are getting some better talent to contracts now.

There should be more scope for draws in MMA and the scoring system should be revamped.

No one really deserved to win or lose that fight last night.

Agreed. For a hometown performance of a much-hyped fighter, I was disappointed with Till.

I don't think you'd have seen a performance like that from McGregor in Ireland, a young Bisping in Manchester etc.

Are you aware that Tills pregnant missus has been having issues, shes in hospital? Could be a factor in why he wasn't that great I know it played a part in his weight cut too.

As for Bellator the show on friday was decent, the boy Page is ridiculous.

Bellator reminds me of WCW to UFC's WWF. All a bit cheesy and cheap looking. There are some good cards though and should get better with the likes of McDonald, Mousasi and probably Yair Rodriquez moving across. McDonald v Mousasi will be a cracker.

Just watched Fridays. MVP is unreal, you don't often see a a guy quitting on his feet. Credit to Aaron Chalmers as well, he keeps winning and 1st round finishes.

Are you aware that Tills pregnant missus has been having issues, shes in hospital? Could be a factor in why he wasn't that great I know it played a part in his weight cut too.

As for Bellator the show on friday was decent, the boy Page is ridiculous.

He's missed weight before.

He's missed weight before.

Didn't know that, he is huge though but I was more meaning with him having that extra pressure on him he's not been able to perform to his best.

Didn't know that, he is huge though but I was more meaning with him having that extra pressure on him he's not been able to perform to his best.

Maybe.

He isn't getting much sympathy due to previous quotes like this:

“I AIN’T NO WELTERWEIGHT,” HE CONTINUED. “I’M A LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT IN THE WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION. IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL, WHAT I’M DOING. THE UFC SHOULD BAN IT BUT THEY CAN’T BECAUSE I DO IT NATURALLY AND I DO IT PROFESSIONALLY, AND NO ONE CAN DO A FUCKING THING ABOUT IT.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/darren-till/light-heavyweight-darren-till-says-shouldnt-legally-allowed-fight-welterweights/

Big fights tonight, I like Stipe but a friend of mines said DC will win so I'll go for DC, also thinks Lewis will beat thon monster, might get up to watch it.

UFC really seems scripted at times with some of the shit recently.