Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Probably made the city centre look better.

What a shit hole the area is now.

The council have killed that city centre.

Aye it's fucking upsetting how the city centre has been allowed to get in the state its in as a result of decades of piss poor planning by a bunch of cunts. 

Really fucking sad. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye it's fucking upsetting how the city centre has been allowed to get in the state its in as a result of decades of piss poor planning by a bunch of cunts. 

Really fucking sad. 

Castlegate down to the Beach area aswell. Totally rundown. Every other coastal town makes the most of their beach area. We dont. Says a lot about the council. Fucking lazy, backwards cunts. 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Castlegate down to the Beach area aswell. Totally rundown. Every other coastal town makes the most of their beach area. We dont. Says a lot about the council. Fucking lazy, backwards cunts. 

Aye the Castlegate could have been a great area for bars, restaurants etc 

38 minutes ago, Roberto said:

There are so much that can be done. If you're closing that section of Union Street and pedestrianise it, why not move all pubs into that section and have outdoor bits? Surely easier to police as well. Pubs/clubs. Eateries in another section also.

Shops can be scattered about in the empty ones or use some of the bookies.

There is also no need for 4 shopping malls at all. 

Totally. And this is the chance to completely rethink the layout now so many places are empty. 

On 7/11/2021 at 1:37 PM, Roberto said:

There are so much that can be done. If you're closing that section of Union Street and pedestrianise it, why not move all pubs into that section and have outdoor bits? Surely easier to police as well. Pubs/clubs. Eateries in another section also.

Shops can be scattered about in the empty ones or use some of the bookies.

There is also no need for 4 shopping malls at all. 

Agreed pal just looks horrendous. Says it all when Dundee us looking a hell of a lot better and more welcoming than our city centre and you're right about the 4 malls, ridiculous really. If I'm ever in town which is rarely nowadays, I'm only ever in Union Square. Just so sad to see the state of the place

7 hours ago, Fridge said:

Always frequented Oscars, was gutted when it closed. First night of Jumpin Jaks opening, me and my mate walked in, I went up to the bar, he went for a slash, was away to have a scoof of our drink and then got grabbed by bouncers and thrown out. Got outside and they said we had been seen fighting with some other guys. Obviously was mistaken identity but they weren't having any of it. Utter pricks but to be fair place was usually shit any other time was there afterwards so did us a favour 

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

Being a bouncer is really gay 

They're utter cunts most of them

4 hours ago, Zeus said:

What nightclubs are left in Aberdeen? Probably none after the last 18 months tbf 

Ha ha yeah you're probably right. Maybe Club T. Babylon? And Espo. But then again haven't been for a night out in town since end of 2019 so maybe there's more still open 

1 hour ago, OddJob said:

They're utter cunts most of them

Ha ha yeah you're probably right. Maybe Club T. Babylon? And Espo. But then again haven't been for a night out in town since end of 2019 so maybe there's more still open 

Babylon and espo both closed down before covid. 

16 hours ago, jamiesd said:

Noticed the Relocated Mckays Shop on Great Northern Road is no more.  Any idea if thats the end of them?  Was still hoping for a pair of Adidas Kicks.  Ala 1983.  or Mambas.

Closed for good I believe, I went in a few months ago and the old boy had retired and there was nothing of value there.

The state of the stock looked like the shop was set up for @Dad types, trainers that looked like polio boots and other dodgy looking shite.

• Upvote 1