Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

It’s an app that helps you meet folk on the internet, so you can meet up in real life and you can get them to..

walk yi tae the shops so you don’t get battered by kids. 

I’m assuming you are ripping the piss here but if you do need help business wise give me a shout

2 hours ago, Fridge said:

I’m not going to name folk but personally I did as I thought it was for the good of Aberdeen and I - as all the other businessmen wanted to do put  some money back

And even Nicola Sturgeon backed it - absolutely ludicrous that we turned it down 

The oil industry is going to fuck so we need to regenerate wealth and tourism would be a start 

Who the fuck is going to a drug den park

I know fuck all about that project was just a general question seeing as I occasionally speak with someone there. Trying to remember if union terrace ever gets mentioned. 

10 hours ago, Fridge said:

I was on the business committee for that and was going to give money to it and I am still in disbelief 

So we put it to a public vote and yet they went against it

Barney Crocket trying to make some sort of political statement and exempt some power to the detriment of city

Prick of the highest order

Pish - Wood and co ignored the public vote and cracked on with a different design than the one which topped the vote. Best thing the council have done is telling the prick to ram it 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, NEM said:

Pish - Wood and co ignored the public vote and cracked on with a different design than the one which topped the vote. Best thing the council have done is telling the prick to ram it 

Not true - and do you think the best thing to do was to ram it as opposed to take 50 million investment into to the city centre. - which the government were going to match as opposed to doing fuck all with it?

Check the state of the city centre and the amount of tourists coming to Aberdeen now

3 hours ago, NEM said:

So not true, the idea was the main thing, final design was fluid. The minority left won, we voted for it.

Imagine a square there with huge tv's for big events like the World cup, would be amazing. Instead we have charity shops and bookies. The design means fuck all in the big scheme of things, getting it on one level was the main idea. Could have created cafe's and bars, live music.

Aberdeen City centre is now reminiscent of Chernobyl / 70’s Bermondsey.

Scotlands other Cities have evolved with regeneration, whilst Aberdeen has gone in the opposite direction.

The councillors should invite over their counterparts from Kosovo, Bosnia etc to get some ideas on how to do the job properly.

credit where it’s due though, I see after a few years they've finally got round to removing the weeds that were growing out the top of the Mercat Cross at the Castlegate. 

I see they’re considering opening the castle gate to buses again. As part of the £150M regeneration.

what’s for sure is that no significant change will happen in Aberdeen for at least ten years. 

the city is dying, heading towards the likes of Hull. Some gorgeous buildings/ history but zero prospects. 

4 hours ago, Fridge said:

Not true - and do you think the best thing to do was to ram it as opposed to take 50 million investment into to the city centre. - which the government were going to match as opposed to doing fuck all with it?

Check the state of the city centre and the amount of tourists coming to Aberdeen now

Yes it is true and the £50 million from that prick wood came with a load of conditions attached and would have cost the city a fortune. The design he chose was a fucking eyesore - you think that concrete carbuncle would have brought tourists flocking to the city? ?

I believe we were stupid to turn down the offer from Ian Wood given whats happened since (relatively fuck all).

However I agree with NEM, his offer did come with conditions and if IRC, his design was near the bottom of those voted by the public but still was pushed to be the winning design.

Just goes to show, give the public a vote (union terrace gardens, Brexit, Scottish independence etc.) and we always manage to pick the worst option ??

28 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yes it is true and the £50 million from that prick wood came with a load of conditions attached and would have cost the city a fortune. The design he chose was a fucking eyesore - you think that concrete carbuncle would have brought tourists flocking to the city? ?

Maybe not but it has more chance than a park full of junkies, it possibly was a vanity project but I couldn’t have given a flying fuck if he wanted a gold statue of him in in it somewhere it would be an improvement on somewhere I doubt anyone here has visited recently

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Maybe not but it has more chance than a park full of junkies, it possibly was a vanity project but I couldn’t have given a flying fuck if he wanted a gold statue of him in in it somewhere it would be an improvement on somewhere I doubt anyone here has visited recently

There was fuck all wrong with the Peacock design which Wood railroaded out of the way with his vanity project 

21 hours ago, Fridge said:

I was on the business committee for that and was going to give money to it and I am still in disbelief 

So we put it to a public vote and yet they went against it

Barney Crocket trying to make some sort of political statement and exempt some power to the detriment of city

Prick of the highest order

Strings to Fridge's bow...

A - Philanthropy

• Haha 1