Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

• 4 weeks later...

Since when did the top of Union Street from Castlegate to Market Street become buses only ?

I just got through a bus lane violation letter to pay £30 or £60 depending if you appeal. The “offence” took place on 3rd October. My daughter got one through earlier this week for an “offence” on 2nd October. 

Been taking that route for ages. Wankers. 

I have appealed citing lack of signage. Cunts. 

1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

Since when did the top of Union Street from Castlegate to Market Street become buses only ?

I just got through a bus lane violation letter to pay £30 or £60 depending if you appeal. The “offence” took place on 3rd October. My daughter got one through earlier this week for an “offence” on 2nd October. 

Just tell them to fuck off, not one chance it will be enforced

Or if they do just pull out some outrageous lie like there was an ambulance coming behind you

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

Just tell them to fuck off, not one chance it will be enforced

Or if they do just pull out some outrageous lie like there was an ambulance coming behind you

You appeal on Aberdeen.gov.uk website. Maximum of 500 characters, I used 491. Could have finished it off with “wankers” but didn’t think that would help my appeal. 

5 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Fuck, never heard of that either.  Fucked if I'd pay that.  Cooncil cunts can fuck off.

1 minute ago, sheepcrooky said:

You appeal on Aberdeen.gov.uk website. Maximum of 500 characters, I used 491. Could have finished it off with “wankers” but didn’t think that would help my appeal. 

I wouldn't have bothered appealing even.  Just ignore the fuckin' thing.  You'll probably get a couple of letters threatening court action but it ain't worth their time going to courts for a one off £30/£60.  Still cunts mind.

9 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

You can now be fined for going through Union Street's bus gate (eveningexpress.co.uk)

I've certainly been through there since September but ain't had no fines through.  Can't remember the last time but I'm sure it was this month.  Fuck em.

Cheers. If they get back to me after my first appeal, I’ll use the “it didn’t fucking work for 7 months”. 

17 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Cheers. If they get back to me after my first appeal, I’ll use the “it didn’t fucking work for 7 months”. 

Looks like the last time I was there was on 1 October.  I was at American Golf for a lesson and went through the toon after that.  That's the only time I can think of.

Have you been through the gate a few times recently or just the once on 3 October?  They maybe just send out fines to repeat offenders. 

If I get a letter through I'm gonna smear dog shite on it and send it back unopened.

23 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Looks like the last time I was there was on 1 October.  I was at American Golf for a lesson and went through the toon after that.  That's the only time I can think of.

Have you been through the gate a few times recently or just the once on 3 October?  They maybe just send out fines to repeat offenders. 

If I get a letter through I'm gonna smear dog shite on it and send it back unopened.

I generally come back from Pittodrie that way. Up King Street through Union Street and then down Market Street, so must have done a few. Plus a couple of Friday’s ago I came home that way from BoD. 
Just asked my daughter and two of her pals have recently been done. Plus it now transpires my father in law has been done twice in September. 
Cunts must be raking it in for no traffic reason whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

See now id say that’s the bottom of Union street 

here we go!

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

See now id say that’s the bottom of Union street 

here we go!

Never. All roads in Aberdeen initially started with their low numbers from The Castlegate. At that end of Union Street the numbers are low, exactly the same as King Street. Number 1 at that end and 600 odd at the far end. Therefore indisputably the top.