Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

Never. All roads in Aberdeen initially started with their low numbers from The Castlegate. At that end of Union Street the numbers are low, exactly the same as King Street. Number 1 at that end and 600 odd at the far end. Therefore indisputably the top. 

The top of King Street is the Castlegate? Surely. You’ll be telling us you go up to the beach next. 

42 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Everything starts from The Castlegate in Aberdeen. 

Yes you start from the bottom and work your way up Union Street. 

Is the first rung of a ladder at the top or the bottom? 

This isn't even about twisting words and meanings, everyone I've ever conversed with in Aberdeen knows the Castlegate as the bottom of Union Street and Holburn Junction as the top. 

31 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Yes you start from the bottom and work your way up Union Street. 

Is the first rung of a ladder at the top or the bottom? 

This isn't even about twisting words and meanings, everyone I've ever conversed with in Aberdeen knows the Castlegate as the bottom of Union Street and Holburn Junction as the top. 

When watching TOTP with Kid Jensen, was number 70 top or number 1 ?

4 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Union Street isn’t real anyway. It was split by the Denburn and probably called something different. 
North is the top.

?

4 hours ago, Redforever86 said:

They aren't really at number 1 like an address, they are in first place which is a completely different thing to how you number buildings. 

Odd numbers are always on the left hand side of a street if the street is numbered odd one side, even the other. 

Fair play to him for refusing to back down. He was right. 

and on topic, I still don’t believe people are trying to inject women in clubs when it would be so much easier to just put it in a drink

cant believe the story has gotten so much traction. just a massively embellished scare story by Some uni girls that has taken off and we’re all having to put up with the consequences 

6 hours ago, Poodler said:

I see Frank Glifeather has lost his job for his comments on the drink spike scandal

the horrible Kirsty Blackman baying for blood.

No surprise from that fuckin' commie cumbucket.  Of course responsibility starts with the individual.  What the fuck does she expect a fuckin' chaperone for each splittie that goes on a night out.  Mind you, she'd be safe enough.  Bargepole and all that.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, Roberto said:

I reckon a large percentage aren't vaccinated. Would you want to have them kicking off outside if nae allowed in? Is it worth it?

I don't really know. I've a lanyard of exemption and hasn't let me down yet. Medical reasons... obviously.

Doubt many places are serious about enforcing the passport pish - they’ve just got to be seen to be doing so 

1 hour ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

No surprise from that fuckin' commie cumbucket.  Of course responsibility starts with the individual.  What the fuck does she expect a fuckin' chaperone for each splittie that goes on a night out.  Mind you, she'd be safe enough.  Bargepole and all that.

When did you become a raging woman hater? 

5 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

From a weegie cunts point of view I always thought as Holborn Rd as the top end of Union St. I think because going in the other direction you are heading down to the beach, and no one ever says " fancy going up to the beach". 

Holburn Road is half way/ish doon Holburn Street.  If you carry on tho and turn left at the auld brig o' Dee and right at the other side you'll find that way back to your homeland.  Biff!!