Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

None of the Beggars bother you? I must look an easy touch then, because I got hassled about 4 times just walking from bon accord to signature!

First a nutjob handing out homemade DVD's, then saying "I'm expecting a penny or 2 for this DVD" I dread to look at the DVD's contents. Secondly, a cunt saying he needs change for the bus, and worst of all, twice by those charity pricks.

I also saw Highlander cutting about beside Union square, for some reason I decided to take a photo from across the street - he wasnae best pleased.

Get the pic posted then. You didn't run the risk of being beheaded by his claymore for nothing.

As Requested:

ay0v0liceaipfho.jpg

Bear in mind this was about midday, when it was quite hot. The gadjee must have been sweltering!

Thats what you call taking one for the team . Highlander is a legend and will lead us to FREEDOM (or the brig o don ) .

Used to see him usually around the barracks area .

Generally the Aberdonian reaction to him is " Check at cunt !"

Anyone complaining about the toon centre at night needs a reality check , ALL toon centres are the same ! And we have all been there done that ! pished as fuck and nay giving a fuck . As lang as there was a chance o a chipper or a blow job we went hame happy ! Mind you it once took me 45 minutes to cross mounthooly when i was guttered , Mounthooly is the size o some villages , Carlsberg dont do roundabouts ............................................

Aberdeens alright. Remember it's a city of c200,000 people, it's nae London.

Now and again you always hear people say "oh it's a shit hole, wish I could leave", well what's stopping you? Please fuck off you miserable sod? Job? You'll get one elsewhere unless you're thick as shit.

There are worse places to live.

No wonder Union St has gone down hill, there's a big massive new shopping centre down at the Old Bus Station and you may have missed it but we're in the middle of a double dip recession, businesses going tits up and leaving empty units on main shopping streets!

Remember the old bus/train station and the area round about it? Now THAT was a shit hole, and now look at it.

Only time I ever venture to Union St is nights out now walking from bar to bar. Can't remember any bother.

Not quite a rant but honestly, if you want to leave no one is stopping you :thumbs:

well said that man. ace. if you don't like it, please fuck off you miserable wankers. it's these same wankers that are dragging the place down.

I've noticed this when I have ventured in to the city centre in my lunch breaks or on days off. Guess there are a few things that cause the amount of people in town:

- Students

- Oil workers (rotations)

- Unemployed

- Pensioners

You forgot all the bloody immigrants

Used to see highlander using the computers at Aberdeen college.

Shakie heid mannie was probably Aberdeen's most eccentric character. Was fascinating watching him going about, sad at the same time tho!

I've never heard of this one before.

Get it telt Chaos min...

There is a couple videos on youtube of shakie heed mannie.

Great that he's been immortalised. I only ever saw him once in a dress, was usually dressed "normally" when I saw him. That or naked in my bedroom.

Better not say that, there are maybe shakkie heid mannie descendants posting on here.

Had the misfortune of walking down george street on saturday......

We must have the most junkies per square foot than any other city in the north east, shambles.

One woman in particalur obviously a heroin addict falling about all over the shop screaming tommy? ( probably not our tommy mind)

Anyhow there should be some procedure in place for cleansing our great city of all these scumbags - its embarrasing to be seen within 10 yards of these creatures!

Had the misfortune of walking down george street on saturday......

We must have the most junkies per square foot than any other city in the north east, shambles.

One woman in particalur obviously a heroin addict falling about all over the shop screaming tommy? ( probably not our tommy mind)

Anyhow there should be some procedure in place for cleansing our great city of all these scumbags - its embarrasing to be seen within 10 yards of these creatures!

You never know :laughing:

Not a big fan of George St must be said. Probably the worst area of the city centre.

Well I was walking about Union Street and the city centre all day and night on Saturday and never really seen any junkies going about. Only gadgie I seen was a jakey in the bus stop outside the co-op on Union Street who seemed to have a Pepsi max bottle full of piss with him.

Oh and there was a bunch of neddy looking jakes dressed in blue hanging about Union Street on Sunday morning who got on a bus to go somewhere...

Well I was walking about Union Street and the city centre all day and night on Saturday and never really seen any junkies going about. Only gadgie I seen was a jakey in the bus stop outside the co-op on Union Street who seemed to have a Pepsi max bottle full of piss with him.

Oh and there was a bunch of neddy looking jakes dressed in blue hanging about Union Street on Sunday morning who got on a bus to go somewhere...

George Street.