Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Don Fonte banter? You've taken your eye off the ball son, your holiday has made you weak.

I probably taught him that stuff. 
Taking me for a pint in Leith the morn?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest milne_afc
Just now, King Street Loon said:

What's the story here?

There’s a couple caught on cctv from Number 44 in Stoney shagging in one of the public areas during normal opening. I’d post the clip  if there was an easy way of doing so.

Fucking disgrace and I say that as a proud Stonehaven residential. Shit like this really boils my piss, I mean it's a good 30 seconds elapsed and the barmaid hasn't even popped her head round to see if the couple are enjoying their dinner or need anything.

Honestly the state of customer service in this town at times is nothing short of appalling ?

• Haha 1
Guest milne_afc
8 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

The Woman Michelle Ward, She the owner or (useless) barmaid on shift? 

Owner and out of towner btloi

• 1 month later...

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/4709251/aberdeen-wont-buy-trinity-centre-masterplan-approved/

a step closer to a swim with sharks pool and zip line? 

or will the council just buy the trinity centre and we will pay for it like that shiny new building in front of marishal college? Is that even full yet? 

Fuck UTG and the indoor market, just get the bloody sharks in 

15 minutes ago, Poodler said:

https://12ft.io/proxy?ref=&q=https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/4709251/aberdeen-wont-buy-trinity-centre-masterplan-approved/

a step closer to a swim with sharks pool and zip line? 

or will the council just buy the trinity centre and we will pay for it like that shiny new building in front of marishal college? Is that even full yet? 

Fuck UTG and the indoor market, just get the bloody sharks in 

Will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark?

29 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The council wasting money on vanity projects like UTG and the beach masterplan seems ridiculous when you see the state union street is in these days. It's an embarrassment for our city really.

I could be wrong but is the reason the Council spend funds on UTG and land at the beach is because they own them ?

Im guessing that most of the buildings on Union Street are privately owned, probably by extremely wealthy individuals or organisations. If so , then the Council throwing money at improving the look of these buildings isn’t a straightforward move. I’d imagine they make Grants available to the private owners for improvements to the buildings, but it’s still going to be up to the owners to contribute some funds themselves, which they’re clearly unwilling to do.

47 minutes ago, redone said:

I could be wrong but is the reason the Council spend funds on UTG and land at the beach is because they own them ?

Im guessing that most of the buildings on Union Street are privately owned, probably by extremely wealthy individuals or organisations. If so , then the Council throwing money at improving the look of these buildings isn’t a straightforward move. I’d imagine they make Grants available to the private owners for improvements to the buildings, but it’s still going to be up to the owners to contribute some funds themselves, which they’re clearly unwilling to do.

They turned down Wood's money to build the design he wanted for UTG I thought? 

There will be private owners of buildings on union street of course, but I was more meaning the council need to come up with some sort of plan to help fill all the empty lots, reduce the amount of bookies/pound shops etc.