Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

2 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Aye the good old days. 

Until it turned out pretty much everyone involved in the entertainment business was a fucking paedo. 

I’ve still got Noel Edmonds on my watchlist.

Price worth paying for quality TV in my opinion. I'd take paedos that can churn out quality programming over ** Arse and fucking Dick any day of the week. 

** By Arse and Dick I actually mean Ant and Dec. 

• Dildo 1
31 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Was briefly in town for first time in many moons.

Is it my lugs or do we have the worst buskers "singing " on our streets?

Aye I’m convinced it’s a tactic to give them cash to shut up and stop your ears bleeding.

What fuck were you doing in the city centre anyway, I can only guess at donating stuff to a charity shop or taking heroin in Union Terrace Gardens?

• Haha 2
  • Site Sponsor
4 hours ago, Willo flood said:

Held up by wooden blocks as well https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FvMWLIeXgAE2Ilj.png

Great effort

Some Quine from Aberdeen Inspire (?) on STV news proclaiming that the £37,000 spent on the letters will “attract visitors to the city centre”.

To quote Millertime - really?

Really??

Who thinks up this shit.

37 grand on a few propped up letters.

Fuck’s sake.

I like it but I do have a few rather major concerns. 

The quality of the installation is appalling. Blocks of wood used to level it off? Really. It's ridiculous and shows the city in a bad light. Looks like a cowboy job. Sort of thing you'd expect a shite DIY enthusiast to do when putting a shed up in his back garden. If a job is worth doing then it's worth doing right.

It lights up and from what I see today it's even capable of showing video. My worry is they'll use it to promote disgusting things that this city should have nothing to do with. I worry it will be lit up in hun colours for the coronation on Saturday for example. I also suspect it'll be rainbow colours for the gay day.

It should only ever be lit up in red, white or red and white. Nothing else. 

6 hours ago, Fridge said:

Aye I’m convinced it’s a tactic to give them cash to shut up and stop your ears bleeding.

What fuck were you doing in the city centre anyway, I can only guess at donating stuff to a charity shop or taking heroin in Union Terrace Gardens?

Nae bad.

Was in getting currency for impending holiday. 

Local PO was wanting to rob me blind with their shitey exchange rate.

As an aside the Aberdeen sign in the Castlegate looks £36,999 too expensive. 

52 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Some Quine from Aberdeen Inspire (?) on STV news proclaiming that the £37,000 spent on the letters will “attract visitors to the city centre”.

To quote Millertime - really?

Really??

Who thinks up this shit.

37 grand on a few propped up letters.

Fuck’s sake.

That’s less than £5k a letter.

Bargain.

50 minutes ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

I like it but I do have a few rather major concerns. 

Really. It's ridiculous and shows the city in a bad light.

If a job is worth doing then it's worth doing right.

My worry is they'll use it to promote disgusting things that this city should have nothing to do with. I worry it will be lit up in hun colours for the coronation on Saturday for example. I also suspect it'll be rainbow colours for the gay day.

It should only ever be lit up in red, white or red and white. Nothing else. 

717015-C0-295-B-4-B22-9-DF1-2-F8152-EE4-

37 minutes ago, dave_min said:

That’s less than £5k a letter.

Bargain.

It’s best just not worrying about it min. There’s not one single councillor who has a fucking clue and they will not listen to folk that have actually made cash through business by having a clue.

Just accept it, better for your blood pressure.