Aberdeen City Centre

daytripping

Aye. I served my time in hell under him at Burger King, what an utter utter cuntish fud.

Must be G's bum mate the manager of BK on Union Street, what a ugly cunt he is. Looks like he has tried his hand with some straight boys and got a good few right hooks for his trouble

It probably goes along the lines of, I had a budgie when I was 15, and it died so I turned to drugs because I was in need at that time of my life and drugs is all I could turn to, I ended up becoming homeless after I was on the skag - and its made me homeless and begging on the street for money.

I'd like to re-iterate though, ONLY ONE PERSON WHO BEGS IN ABERDEEN IS HOMELESS.

laughing.gif

Sounds like you're talking from experience there Bert, what was the budgie's name?

Anyway, the way Oddjob is banging on, you would think being homeless and begging for change is a barrel of laughs. I can't imagine any of these folk want to be in the situation they're in, and I also can't imagine they're turning down jobs left, right and centre in favour of begging. It's too easy to say 'get a job', when you've no idea of their circumstances.

Anyway, the way Oddjob is banging on, you would think being homeless and begging for change is a barrel of laughs. I can't imagine any of these folk want to be in the situation they're in, and I also can't imagine they're turning down jobs left, right and centre in favour of begging. It's too easy to say 'get a job', when you've no idea of their circumstances.

It's not a case of turning jobs down, it's a case of not making an effort to get those offers. It's easy money for not tremendously hard work and no effort into getting "the job".

half the battle is having enough time. most of these bums are too busy begging to work 40 hrs a week.

Quite a difference for me between being homeless and being out and out begger. Even homeless charities discourage giving to beggars and instead ask to give to the charity so it can be used right.

Remember the aggressive tear who sat all day at side of Morrisons on King Street begging then at 7.45 would go into toilets at Morrisons and change clothes and phone taxi to take him home.

Begging is a choice. Homelessness often isn't.

It's not a case of turning jobs down, it's a case of not making an effort to get those offers. It's easy money for not tremendously hard work and no effort into getting "the job".

Do you think homeless folk are in a position to find work? Would you employ someone whose address was N/A?

And you must have a different definition of easy money to me. I would have thought sitting in the cold on Union Street 365 days a year begging would be fucking hellish.

I don't know their story, correct - but I can guarantee that many of them just cannot be arsed getting a job.

Bit of a contradiction there?

Quite a difference for me between being homeless and being out and out begger. Even homeless charities discourage giving to beggars and instead ask to give to the charity so it can be used right.

Remember the aggressive tear who sat all day at side of Morrisons on King Street begging then at 7.45 would go into toilets at Morrisons and change clothes and phone taxi to take him home.

Begging is a choice. Homelessness often isn't.

Yes, I'm talking about folk who are properly homeless.

Do you think homeless folk are in a position to find work? Would you employ someone whose address was N/A?

And you must have a different definition of easy money to me. I would have thought sitting in the cold on Union Street 365 days a year begging would be fucking hellish.

Yes, but it's been confirmed that only one beggar on Onion St is actually homeless. If you can wash, then you can turn up to a job interview. Plenty suits available in toon for less than

The (almost) blind dude with the dogs makes a fortune. Sees well enough to pick all the pound, 50p and 20p coins out his begging hat well enough.

canna be that poor. pets cost a fortune, what with jabs, insurance and all that.

first thing to go would be the dog, straight to jimmy chnugs.

canna be that poor. pets cost a fortune, what with jabs, insurance and all that.

first thing to go would be the dog, straight to jimmy chnugs.

Not with the revenue a dog brings in. Extra money for the animal from the government as well as extra from the mugs that give cash to them.

Jesus, folk acting like all you need is a suit and a wash to get a job.

For all you know someone begging could have had a top job, lost it during the recession and could no longer live within their means. Not everyone has someone who can take them in either.

Exactly.

"Right Mr Smith, everything looks fine here, but can you explain your lack of work for the past 18 months?

Yes, no problem, I've been begging folk on Union Street for change.

Errr... we'll be in touch."