What Are You Having For Your Lunch?

tup

2 hours ago, Dad said:

Welcome to the sodastream revolution son ? 

Off the fucking page ?

I’ve been on the Sodastream train for about two years now father.  Only for sparking water of course, don’t go in for any of the cordial nonsense. 

Been going through a canister every two weeks during the pandemic as the wife drinks it like it’s going out of fashion. 

Do you still have your dodgy canister business going? Or is it all about the T-shirt’s now?

5 minutes ago, Dad said:

Thats the stuff ?

Tbh son - it never even got going; I just use it for my personals; but it saves a lot of fucking hassle and no mistake. No buggering about with posting shit off or heading to Lakeland - just heave the canister out the airing cupboard whenever required - off the page ?

If you ever do this son - i.e. buy an adaptor for filling your own cylinders - a good tip: slip the empty cylinder in the freezer overnight afore filling - it helps the cylinder accept a bitty more gas ?

Pish with a wee trip valve that's fitted in them...you need to trickle the gas in so it slips by it, then you can open her up and let the gas piss in. I find the magic formula is:

Freezer overnight

Fill

Back in Freezer overnight

Second fill

Should give you about 1200g on the scale after the second fill - pretty much to t'brim ?

Thanks for the advice father, much appreciated. 

I’m too lazy for all that nonsense. I have two shops on my street that supply the canisters, so only a five minute walk. Much easier to just take a trek up and exchange. Or even easier, send the wife to do it. Hoo Mama! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What didn't you like about it? 

Kitchen was claustrophobicaly tiny, chefs were ignorant ( barely acknowledged I was there and spoke amongst themselves in foreign tongue (Korean I presume, who knows) , and I found out 5 minutes before I started my shift, in a phonecall to the head chef of their  Partick place, that I was expected to work 6 X 10 hour shifts for a flat rate £350. Dodgy cunts. Food might be lovely though,  let us know.

10 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Kitchen was claustrophobicaly tiny, chefs were ignorant ( barely acknowledged I was there and spoke amongst themselves in foreign tongue (Korean I presume, who knows) , and I found out 5 minutes before I started my shift, in a phonecall to the head chef of their  Partick place, that I was expected to work 6 X 10 hour shifts for a flat rate £350. Dodgy cunts. Food might be lovely though,  let us know.

Dunno if I can knowingly go to a place that treats staff like shite. 

As a guy who works in the industry, Where would you recommend that's got nice food and treat staff properly? 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Dunno if I can knowingly go to a place that treats staff like shite. 

As a guy who works in the industry, Where would you recommend that's got nice food and treat staff properly? 

Probably my best employer was Gandolfi Fish restaurant in the merchant city. Lovely family that owned it, really looked after their staff.  I'm not a foody though , rarely ever eat out, so not really best placed to make a recommendation. 

7 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Probably my best employer was Gandolfi Fish restaurant in the merchant city. Lovely family that owned it, really looked after their staff.  I'm not a foody though , rarely ever eat out, so not really best placed to make a recommendation. 

Any Asian style places you know with a good reputation?