Jump to content
tup

What Are You Having For Your Lunch?

Recommended Posts

Doubt they'll match my own Korean fried chicken but I'll give it a go 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

You can buy all that stuff ready to eat

Aye. That's kinda the of point restaurants. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Bad_Mobby said:

My own Moo Ping is unsurpassed 

Seek help if you're sending cards to yourself 🇨🇳

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

You can buy all that stuff ready to eat

You witnessed first hand the other day, that restaurants Moo Ping (among other things) wasn’t up to scratch 

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm off to Bibimbap tomorrow. Anyone been? 

Started a trial shift in their West Nile St. restaurant last year.  Left after 10 minutes. Seen a window advert for my  present job on the walk home. No idea if their foods any good,  didn't hang about long enough.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Started a trial shift in their West Nile St. restaurant last year.  Left after 10 minutes. Seen a window advert for my  present job on the walk home. No idea if their foods any good,  didn't hang about long enough.

What didn't you like about it? 

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

What didn't you like about it? 

Kitchen was claustrophobicaly tiny, chefs were ignorant ( barely acknowledged I was there and spoke amongst themselves in foreign tongue (Korean I presume, who knows) , and I found out 5 minutes before I started my shift, in a phonecall to the head chef of their  Partick place, that I was expected to work 6 X 10 hour shifts for a flat rate £350. Dodgy cunts. Food might be lovely though,  let us know.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Kitchen was claustrophobicaly tiny, chefs were ignorant ( barely acknowledged I was there and spoke amongst themselves in foreign tongue (Korean I presume, who knows) , and I found out 5 minutes before I started my shift, in a phonecall to the head chef of their  Partick place, that I was expected to work 6 X 10 hour shifts for a flat rate £350. Dodgy cunts. Food might be lovely though,  let us know.

Dunno if I can knowingly go to a place that treats staff like shite. 

As a guy who works in the industry, Where would you recommend that's got nice food and treat staff properly? 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Dunno if I can knowingly go to a place that treats staff like shite. 

As a guy who works in the industry, Where would you recommend that's got nice food and treat staff properly? 

Probably my best employer was Gandolfi Fish restaurant in the merchant city. Lovely family that owned it, really looked after their staff.  I'm not a foody though , rarely ever eat out, so not really best placed to make a recommendation. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Probably my best employer was Gandolfi Fish restaurant in the merchant city. Lovely family that owned it, really looked after their staff.  I'm not a foody though , rarely ever eat out, so not really best placed to make a recommendation. 

Any Asian style places you know with a good reputation? 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Parklife said:

Any Asian style places you know with a good reputation? 

A few folk have said Zensation on Queen Margaret Drive is good.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Any Asian style places you know with a good reputation? 

That Ramen Dayo on Ashton Lane was decent 

more of an Indian/Steak man me though

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Probably my best employer was Gandolfi Fish restaurant in the merchant city. Lovely family that owned it, really looked after their staff.  I'm not a foody though , rarely ever eat out, so not really best placed to make a recommendation. 

That place nae still open or new owners? 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Dunno if I can knowingly go to a place that treats staff like shite. 

As a guy who works in the industry, Where would you recommend that's got nice food and treat staff properly? 

The gannet on argyle street is nice 👍 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

The gannet on argyle street is nice 👍 

Thought that was Mobbys nickname.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

A few folk have said Zensation on Queen Margaret Drive is good.

Some decidedly mixed reviews online 😆

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Henry said:

Some decidedly mixed reviews online 😆

I did notice that. Only going on what people I know have said.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

That place nae still open or new owners? 

I did hear something about them selling the fish restaurant but keeping the cafe next door.

Share this post


Link to post

Heinz tomato Soup 

cheese and onion sandwich 

Pint of water. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Undecided. Probably a miserable sandwich from a garage.

Welcome to my world.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

880427-DD-56-D9-4629-ADE8-A33-B67-F3-BC3

sumo!  sumo! sumo!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 no. ham, cheese and curried coleslaw sandwich (white)

1 no. mug tea

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Undecided. Probably a miserable sandwich from a garage.

Welcome to my world.

GBN and A

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Was sharing it yi fraud

with how many?

:laughibg:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...