Sevco Thread

The teams in (especially) the English Championship, EFL 1 and 2 and the National League (and possibly even clubs in the pyramid beyond that) aren't just going to happily accept the arse cheeks getting parachuted into whatever the Premier League develops into ahead of them. The lesser teams lower down would want a healthy bung of cash as a bribe to make them look the other way, but Championship clubs I just cant see going for it at all. 

If they want to fuck off south, I can only see it being with them starting in the bottom rung of the pyramid therefore. But would their egos allow them to do this?

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The teams in (especially) the English Championship, EFL 1 and 2 and the National League (and possibly even clubs in the pyramid beyond that) aren't just going to happily accept the arse cheeks getting parachuted into whatever the Premier League develops into ahead of them. The lesser teams lower down would want a healthy bung of cash as a bribe to make them look the other way, but Championship clubs I just cant see going for it at all. 

If they want to fuck off south, I can only see it being with them starting in the bottom rung of the pyramid therefore. But would their egos allow them to do this?

The thing is it would be irrelevant how these teams felt about it. Just as it was irrelevant when they broke away to form the Premiership. There's another article about the proposal that says this.

What is certain is that there would be demands for greater trickle down "solidarity" payments to the lower reaches on both sides of Hadrian's Wall. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14727666/british-super-league-rangers-celtic-clubs-start-date/

15 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Never happening. This rears its head every so often from the usual 'red tops'.

English clubs do not need nor want the cunts in their league set up.  "Bix six want the old firm blah blah"  any direct quotes from them?  No?  lol?

The respective police forces especially do not want a group of thick cunts that can't behave themselves when they are away from their fuck ugly partners for a day..

Not happening.

I don't think you're fully understanding how this works. The top clubs are the league. How many times has it been said here that the OF have too much influence in Scotland? That everything is for their benefit? It's exactly the same in England except with more big guns than just two.

All they need are enough teams to form a league and they can do whatever they like and invite whoever they like into the starting setup. In exactly the same manner the the European super league was going to be formed. Invite only.

The FA itself opposed the original premier league as did most clubs in England. Irrelevant. They got enough to form a league and did it. Providing UEFA were agreeable which is supposedly the case for this proposal they can do exactly the same thing again.

They'll think long and hard about dropping out of the league after the ESL fiasco.

If they do what you are suggesting, it is just a localised version of ESL, a hand picked league.

If it is just about refreshing the EPL, the guffy fans would rightfully be asking why the Glasgow teams should get invited into a league without working through the English pyramid system.

Either way, I don't think it will be happening anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

One of them has done that recently. They could sell it as a 'journey'. I fancy they'd find it harder work to get to the top league though.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

One of them has done that recently. They could sell it as a 'journey'. I fancy they'd find it harder work to get to the top league though.

They started off that ‘journey’ with 20 million in the bank. The next one would be with negative 20 million which rules that out unfortunately

There were two major changes within the game in a space of 15 years which in my view began the march to total OF dominance. The first came in 1980 when Scottish league clubs voted in favour of the home team keeping the entire gate money. Prior to that all gate money was shared equally between the two sides playing.

At a stroke that alone massively increased the income of the OF and reduced the flow of cash to the rest of the league who until then had obviously been sharing half of all OF gate money between them. This instantly gave them the ability to pay comfortably higher wages than anyone else.

Then in the 1990's came the Bosman ruling which though it wasn't instigated by the OF, stopping sharing gate money was, gifted them even greater power which has ultimately led to the current situation of them approaching 40 years of sharing the title. Bosman gave them the ability to pick off any player they wanted for absolutely nothing at the end of his contract with the lure of infinitely higher wages. Something Aberdeen have seen happen repeatedly ever since.

These two factors were the beginning of the end for any real competition in the top league. And I see no way back. Even if they leave though the league would be far more competitive with the title likely frequently changing hands between a clutch of clubs we would still see the best players being picked off by them and English clubs. Limiting any ability to be competitive in European competition which is currently the only avenue of real major money.

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

How many more times do we have to have to listen to this pish about Tims and the Huns going south 

Its bollocks and always has been. Which clubs are going to make way for them ... nobody 

For the sake of argument If they go south and start off in the National League South with the likes of Dulwich Hamlet & Havant & Waterloovillie fair enough 

Lack of automatic European completion would kill both of them off financially.  No cup wins, no wins in any league and there so called fans would simply walk away.

Fuck both of them   

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

How many more times do we have to have to listen to this pish about Tims and the Huns going south 

Its bollocks and always has been. Which clubs are going to make way for them ... nobody 

For the sake of argument If they go south and start off in the National League South with the likes of Dulwich Hamlet & Havant & Waterloovillie fair enough.

You're not understanding the proposal. The proposal is based around breaking away from the existing setup to form an entirely new league.  From scratch. Initially invitation only. Anyone not invited would be making way for them. Exactly what happened when setting up the original premiership against the wishes of the football league.

The league would be a private enterprise. They could do whatever they like. Then offer those in the leagues below the opportunity to join the club through the same old promotion system. Or not. Whatever they wanted to do. Just like the proposed European Super league which didn't even offer any promotion prospects. Invitation only.

Lack of automatic European completion would kill both of them off financially.  No cup wins, no wins in any league and there so called fans would simply walk away.

They're not going to need guaranteed Euro qualification or cups when they're collecting well in excess of £100 million a season in TV money. Plus their sponsorship value would skyrocket. When dumped into the bottom league they got a crowd of 50,000 to play Brechin. And you think their fans would be walking away from the prospect of playing Liverpool, Man Utd etc.? Absolutely no chance.

Fuck both of them   

Indeed, but I believe Scottish football would be fucked if this happens. League of Ireland level. The money payed by Scottish teams outside the pair is currently a pittance in comparison to them and even more of a pittance in comparison to top leagues in other countries. And that relative pittance would fall even lower because TV and sponsors would be entirely uninterested without them.

Where would the Euro co-efficient be if not for them? Scotland currently sits 11th but that's pretty much entirely down to them. If not for their contribution we would be lucky to be at Luxembourg level. There's every chance the country may never see a Scottish team in CL groups again. Or even Europa league for that matter. 

Is that palatable? No but it is the reality whether we like it or not.

• Downvote 3
43 minutes ago, Henry said:

^ Hun.

Amazing response littered with logic deconstructing every point I made. A dazzling display of literacy. Or an idiot on an infantile level incapable of forming a coherent sentence far less a logical rebuttal? Tell you what. Since I suspect the latter to be true of both you and the grunt who followed you I will place you both on ignore. That way I will never be tempted to waste another k/b of bandwidth on such vacuous drivel again.

2 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

You're not understanding the proposal. The proposal is based around breaking away from the existing setup to form an entirely new league.  From scratch. Initially invitation only. Anyone not invited would be making way for them. Exactly what happened when setting up the original premiership against the wishes of the football league.

The league would be a private enterprise. They could do whatever they like. Then offer those in the leagues below the opportunity to join the club through the same old promotion system. Or not. Whatever they wanted to do. Just like the proposed European Super league which didn't even offer any promotion prospects. Invitation only.

They're not going to need guaranteed Euro qualification or cups when they're collecting well in excess of £100 million a season in TV money. Plus their sponsorship value would skyrocket. When dumped into the bottom league they got a crowd of 50,000 to play Brechin. And you think their fans would be walking away from the prospect of playing Liverpool, Man Utd etc.? Absolutely no chance.

Indeed, but I believe Scottish football would be fucked if this happens. League of Ireland level. The money payed by Scottish teams outside the pair is currently a pittance in comparison to them and even more of a pittance in comparison to top leagues in other countries. And that relative pittance would fall even lower because TV and sponsors would be entirely uninterested without them.

Where would the Euro co-efficient be if not for them? Scotland currently sits 11th but that's pretty much entirely down to them. If not for their contribution we would be lucky to be at Luxembourg level. There's every chance the country may never see a Scottish team in CL groups again. Or even Europa league for that matter. 

1 hour ago, Lan_Lad said:

Amazing response littered with logic deconstructing every point I made. A dazzling display of literacy. Or an idiot on an infantile level incapable of forming a coherent sentence far less a logical rebuttal? Tell you what. Since I suspect the latter to be true of both you and the grunt who followed you I will place you both on ignore. That way I will never be tempted to waste another k/b of bandwidth on such vacuous drivel again.

Lolz

13 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

So it would be greedy bastard league set up just like the so called super league 

Any addional funding would be tied up and spent on wages.  Arsenal Man U and a like are already paying their players 300 / 400 thousand a week the Huns and Tims could not afford those sums so would not get top players. 

The lose week in week out their fans simply wouldn't cope with that situation.

They becoming a laughing stock and Scottish clubs tell them noway fucking back

Invitation only.  They would not survive 

4 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

So it would be greedy bastard league set up just like the so called super league 

Any addional funding would be tied up and spent on wages.  Arsenal Man U and a like are already paying their players 300 / 400 thousand a week the Huns and Tims could not afford those sums so would not get top players. 

They could afford to with access to equivalent TV cash

But it won't be happening

3 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Aye. 

But they aren't getting invited to anything.  Unless it's to the bottom of the English pyramid. 

We've heard this nonsense periodically from our media, this was just another opportunity to try and make them seem relevant. 

I actually think they would bottle it anyway if for any bizarre reason they were invited to join the English pyramid or some other North European set up. 

They are used to lording it in Scotland and have easy access to European football due to the disparity between them and others here. They're on easy street and they would be reluctant to give that up. 

Also their 4 games a season against each other are their reason for living. No guarantees of even 2 games a season if they go down south and end up in different divisions.

Its moonbeam pish once again. 

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I actually think they would bottle it anyway if for any bizarre reason they were invited to join the English pyramid or some other North European set up. 

They are used to lording it in Scotland and have easy access to European football due to the disparity between them and others here. They're on easy street and they would be reluctant to give that up. 

I agree.

As it stands at the moment they are two big, evenly sized fish in a small, shitty pond, that generally win something each most years. 

If they went to England, there’s no guarantee they would win anything for years on end, and would likely become just another pair of medium sized clubs - like Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa etc.

Their fans would be begging to get back to Scotland within two or three years IMO

4 minutes ago, Henry said:

I agree.

As it stands at the moment they are two big, evenly sized fish in a small, shitty pond, that generally win something each most years. 

If they went to England, there’s no guarantee they would win anything for years on end, and would likely become just another pair of medium sized clubs - like Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa etc.

Their fans would be begging to get back to Scotland within two or three years IMO

Aye. 

And this is the real motive behind the trojan horse that is the colt teams. 

Access to two revenue streams and a safety net should an opportunity to move to another league actually present itself in the future. 

Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

When Scotland are Independent very soon

Not happening.

I reckon Sky and the EPL see the TimHuns as a pretty decent bargaining chip this time.

They should be sent on their way and their honours shared amongst the surviving Scottish clubs.

We’d be the IRA reps in Scotland ?

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Not happening.

I reckon Sky and the EPL see the TimHuns as a pretty decent bargaining chip this time.

They should be sent on their way and their honours shared amongst the surviving Scottish clubs.

We’d be the IRA reps in Scotland ?

I'd be happy if they left. But leaving means leaving in its entirety. 

The Scottish game would take a hit financially but would scale accordingly and adjust. 

A more competitive league set up would actually lead to bigger attendances for most which would help offset the loss of the generally shite money we get from our existing TV deal anyway.  

Teams would bring through their own talent with less reliance on journeymen from the English lower leagues. 

And we would get rid of the Hun and Celtic sympathisers who run the game in this country and hopefully reform the administration of the game. 

And whilst some sponsors would likely not be interested in promoting a scaled down Scottish game there will be others who will actually be attracted to it due to the removal of bigotry associated with the game. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd be happy if they left. But leaving means leaving in its entirety. 

The Scottish game would take a hit financially but would scale accordingly and adjust. 

A more competitive league set up would actually lead to bigger attendances for most which would help offset the loss of the generally shite money we get from our existing TV deal anyway.  

Teams would bring through their own talent with less reliance on journeymen from the English lower leagues. 

And we would get rid of the Hun and Celtic sympathisers who run the game in this country and hopefully reform the administration of the game. 

And whilst some sponsors would likely not be interested in promoting a scaled down Scottish game there will be others who will actually be attracted to it due to the removal of bigotry associated with the game. 

Totally agree min ^, saved me the time typing similar sentiments.

The perfect scenario would be arse cheeks fecking off to England, the Scottish game that's left modernising and flourishing and the arse cheeks becoming bit part players in the English League.