Sevco Thread

2 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

You're not understanding the proposal. The proposal is based around breaking away from the existing setup to form an entirely new league.  From scratch. Initially invitation only. Anyone not invited would be making way for them. Exactly what happened when setting up the original premiership against the wishes of the football league.

The league would be a private enterprise. They could do whatever they like. Then offer those in the leagues below the opportunity to join the club through the same old promotion system. Or not. Whatever they wanted to do. Just like the proposed European Super league which didn't even offer any promotion prospects. Invitation only.

They're not going to need guaranteed Euro qualification or cups when they're collecting well in excess of £100 million a season in TV money. Plus their sponsorship value would skyrocket. When dumped into the bottom league they got a crowd of 50,000 to play Brechin. And you think their fans would be walking away from the prospect of playing Liverpool, Man Utd etc.? Absolutely no chance.

Indeed, but I believe Scottish football would be fucked if this happens. League of Ireland level. The money payed by Scottish teams outside the pair is currently a pittance in comparison to them and even more of a pittance in comparison to top leagues in other countries. And that relative pittance would fall even lower because TV and sponsors would be entirely uninterested without them.

Where would the Euro co-efficient be if not for them? Scotland currently sits 11th but that's pretty much entirely down to them. If not for their contribution we would be lucky to be at Luxembourg level. There's every chance the country may never see a Scottish team in CL groups again. Or even Europa league for that matter. 

Is that palatable? No but it is the reality whether we like it or not.

1 hour ago, Lan_Lad said:

Amazing response littered with logic deconstructing every point I made. A dazzling display of literacy. Or an idiot on an infantile level incapable of forming a coherent sentence far less a logical rebuttal? Tell you what. Since I suspect the latter to be true of both you and the grunt who followed you I will place you both on ignore. That way I will never be tempted to waste another k/b of bandwidth on such vacuous drivel again.

Lolz

13 hours ago, Lan_Lad said:

You're not understanding the proposal. The proposal is based around breaking away from the existing setup to form an entirely new league.  From scratch. Initially invitation only. Anyone not invited would be making way for them. Exactly what happened when setting up the original premiership against the wishes of the football league.

The league would be a private enterprise. They could do whatever they like. Then offer those in the leagues below the opportunity to join the club through the same old promotion system. Or not. Whatever they wanted to do. Just like the proposed European Super league which didn't even offer any promotion prospects. Invitation only.

They're not going to need guaranteed Euro qualification or cups when they're collecting well in excess of £100 million a season in TV money. Plus their sponsorship value would skyrocket. When dumped into the bottom league they got a crowd of 50,000 to play Brechin. And you think their fans would be walking away from the prospect of playing Liverpool, Man Utd etc.? Absolutely no chance.

Indeed, but I believe Scottish football would be fucked if this happens. League of Ireland level. The money payed by Scottish teams outside the pair is currently a pittance in comparison to them and even more of a pittance in comparison to top leagues in other countries. And that relative pittance would fall even lower because TV and sponsors would be entirely uninterested without them.

Where would the Euro co-efficient be if not for them? Scotland currently sits 11th but that's pretty much entirely down to them. If not for their contribution we would be lucky to be at Luxembourg level. There's every chance the country may never see a Scottish team in CL groups again. Or even Europa league for that matter. 

Is that palatable? No but it is the reality whether we like it or not.

So it would be greedy bastard league set up just like the so called super league 

Any addional funding would be tied up and spent on wages.  Arsenal Man U and a like are already paying their players 300 / 400 thousand a week the Huns and Tims could not afford those sums so would not get top players. 

The lose week in week out their fans simply wouldn't cope with that situation.

They becoming a laughing stock and Scottish clubs tell them noway fucking back

Invitation only.  They would not survive 

4 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

So it would be greedy bastard league set up just like the so called super league 

Any addional funding would be tied up and spent on wages.  Arsenal Man U and a like are already paying their players 300 / 400 thousand a week the Huns and Tims could not afford those sums so would not get top players. 

They could afford to with access to equivalent TV cash

But it won't be happening

3 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Aye. 

But they aren't getting invited to anything.  Unless it's to the bottom of the English pyramid. 

We've heard this nonsense periodically from our media, this was just another opportunity to try and make them seem relevant. 

I actually think they would bottle it anyway if for any bizarre reason they were invited to join the English pyramid or some other North European set up. 

They are used to lording it in Scotland and have easy access to European football due to the disparity between them and others here. They're on easy street and they would be reluctant to give that up. 

Also their 4 games a season against each other are their reason for living. No guarantees of even 2 games a season if they go down south and end up in different divisions.

Its moonbeam pish once again. 

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I actually think they would bottle it anyway if for any bizarre reason they were invited to join the English pyramid or some other North European set up. 

They are used to lording it in Scotland and have easy access to European football due to the disparity between them and others here. They're on easy street and they would be reluctant to give that up. 

I agree.

As it stands at the moment they are two big, evenly sized fish in a small, shitty pond, that generally win something each most years. 

If they went to England, there’s no guarantee they would win anything for years on end, and would likely become just another pair of medium sized clubs - like Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa etc.

Their fans would be begging to get back to Scotland within two or three years IMO

4 minutes ago, Henry said:

I agree.

As it stands at the moment they are two big, evenly sized fish in a small, shitty pond, that generally win something each most years. 

If they went to England, there’s no guarantee they would win anything for years on end, and would likely become just another pair of medium sized clubs - like Newcastle, Leeds, Aston Villa etc.

Their fans would be begging to get back to Scotland within two or three years IMO

Aye. 

And this is the real motive behind the trojan horse that is the colt teams. 

Access to two revenue streams and a safety net should an opportunity to move to another league actually present itself in the future. 

Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, Lencarl said:

When Scotland are Independent very soon

Not happening.

I reckon Sky and the EPL see the TimHuns as a pretty decent bargaining chip this time.

They should be sent on their way and their honours shared amongst the surviving Scottish clubs.

We’d be the IRA reps in Scotland ?

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Not happening.

I reckon Sky and the EPL see the TimHuns as a pretty decent bargaining chip this time.

They should be sent on their way and their honours shared amongst the surviving Scottish clubs.

We’d be the IRA reps in Scotland ?

I'd be happy if they left. But leaving means leaving in its entirety. 

The Scottish game would take a hit financially but would scale accordingly and adjust. 

A more competitive league set up would actually lead to bigger attendances for most which would help offset the loss of the generally shite money we get from our existing TV deal anyway.  

Teams would bring through their own talent with less reliance on journeymen from the English lower leagues. 

And we would get rid of the Hun and Celtic sympathisers who run the game in this country and hopefully reform the administration of the game. 

And whilst some sponsors would likely not be interested in promoting a scaled down Scottish game there will be others who will actually be attracted to it due to the removal of bigotry associated with the game. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd be happy if they left. But leaving means leaving in its entirety. 

The Scottish game would take a hit financially but would scale accordingly and adjust. 

A more competitive league set up would actually lead to bigger attendances for most which would help offset the loss of the generally shite money we get from our existing TV deal anyway.  

Teams would bring through their own talent with less reliance on journeymen from the English lower leagues. 

And we would get rid of the Hun and Celtic sympathisers who run the game in this country and hopefully reform the administration of the game. 

And whilst some sponsors would likely not be interested in promoting a scaled down Scottish game there will be others who will actually be attracted to it due to the removal of bigotry associated with the game. 

Totally agree min ^, saved me the time typing similar sentiments.

The perfect scenario would be arse cheeks fecking off to England, the Scottish game that's left modernising and flourishing and the arse cheeks becoming bit part players in the English League.

32 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Totally agree min ^, saved me the time typing similar sentiments.

The perfect scenario would be arse cheeks fecking off to England, the Scottish game that's left modernising and flourishing and the arse cheeks becoming bit part players in the English League.

We can only hope. 

We're way beyond the stage that their existence here is actually prohibiting change and progress for the benefit of the wider game in Scotland. 

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That is something that will never go away.

Every day in the Scottish Football press and from Scottish Football pundits we will hear how great the Glasgow giants are playing Down South.

The TV companies will leave Scottish football and show live coverage of The Rangers and Celtic every week.

Scottish Clubs would survive and thrive without them.

Hope it happens but I have my doubts.

Just now, Lencarl said:

That is something that will never go away.

Every day in the Scottish Football press and from Scottish Football pundits we will hear how great the Glasgow giants are playing Down South.

The TV companies will leave Scottish football and show live coverage of The Rangers and Celtic every week.

Scottish Clubs would survive and thrive without them.

Hope it happens but I have my doubts.

Aye it would be tough to start with but we shouldn't be scared of it.  

The current situation is actually worse in my mind.  The game cannot change because we are stuck in a permanent position where we have to satiate two clubs that are disproportionately sized to the rest of the league.  Satisfying them and looking after the rest of the game is a dichotomy that can't be bridged. 

There's a market there for a TV deal for the Scottish league without them. But in the current situation it never gets a chance to be tested. 

So we just go round and round in circles for eternity.   

In this situation change is the only real answer if you support 40 of the 42 clubs in the country. 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, Lan_Lad said:

Amazing response littered with logic deconstructing every point I made. A dazzling display of literacy. Or an idiot on an infantile level incapable of forming a coherent sentence far less a logical rebuttal? Tell you what. Since I suspect the latter to be true of both you and the grunt who followed you I will place you both on ignore. That way I will never be tempted to waste another k/b of bandwidth on such vacuous drivel again.

Calling you out as a hun automatically deconstructs any point you have ever made on here 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:59 AM, Millertime said:

So you would be OK with Hamilton bringing 45 fans to Pittodrie and getting half the gate aye?

Only if you would be OK with Aberdeen taking 2,000 to 3,000 to Glasgow and taking half of the 50,000 gates 4 times a season. At the end of the day the typical bottom half of the league like Hamilton etc would be the biggest winners. Everybody in the top half has bigger gates than they do. But the OF could potentially lose around 20 million between them. Which obviously wouldn't do them any good.

Say an average 50K gate. Say an average £20 a ticket. You're talking sharing half of a million quid gate. Go there 4 times a season £2 million. And that's the way it worked until they forced the change to the current system in 1980.

• Upvote 1

Scottish football clubs will join a boycott of social media platforms in an effort to combat online abuse and discrimination.

Celtic have highlighted "racial and sectarian attacks and horrendous personal abuse" against their players, staff and fans as they backed the boycott.

"This is something which simply has to stop," they stated. "Abusing someone because of the colour of their skin, abusing an individual due to their religion, unacceptable personal attacks or pathetically mocking the death of a loved one - our players, staff and supporters have, tragically, experienced it all through social media.

"We must all make a stand and together defeat this negative, damaging behaviour, which inflicts so much harm."

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster added: "Discrimination of any kind has absolutely no place in Scottish football and the online abuse received by some of those involved in our national game is absolutely abhorrent.

"Players and supporters from diverse backgrounds have played, and continue to play, an enormously positive and valued role in our game. Diversity is part of what makes Scottish football what it is, it should be protected and championed.

How can the huns and Celtic have the nerve to support anything to do with this with their track record on sectarian.

• Upvote 5