Sevco Thread

32 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Totally agree min ^, saved me the time typing similar sentiments.

The perfect scenario would be arse cheeks fecking off to England, the Scottish game that's left modernising and flourishing and the arse cheeks becoming bit part players in the English League.

We can only hope. 

We're way beyond the stage that their existence here is actually prohibiting change and progress for the benefit of the wider game in Scotland. 

45 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And we would get rid of the Hun and Celtic sympathisers who run the game in this country and hopefully reform the administration of the game. 

That is something that will never go away.

Every day in the Scottish Football press and from Scottish Football pundits we will hear how great the Glasgow giants are playing Down South.

The TV companies will leave Scottish football and show live coverage of The Rangers and Celtic every week.

Scottish Clubs would survive and thrive without them.

Hope it happens but I have my doubts.

Just now, Lencarl said:

That is something that will never go away.

Every day in the Scottish Football press and from Scottish Football pundits we will hear how great the Glasgow giants are playing Down South.

The TV companies will leave Scottish football and show live coverage of The Rangers and Celtic every week.

Scottish Clubs would survive and thrive without them.

Hope it happens but I have my doubts.

Aye it would be tough to start with but we shouldn't be scared of it.  

The current situation is actually worse in my mind.  The game cannot change because we are stuck in a permanent position where we have to satiate two clubs that are disproportionately sized to the rest of the league.  Satisfying them and looking after the rest of the game is a dichotomy that can't be bridged. 

There's a market there for a TV deal for the Scottish league without them. But in the current situation it never gets a chance to be tested. 

So we just go round and round in circles for eternity.   

In this situation change is the only real answer if you support 40 of the 42 clubs in the country. 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:17 AM, Lan_Lad said:

Amazing response littered with logic deconstructing every point I made. A dazzling display of literacy. Or an idiot on an infantile level incapable of forming a coherent sentence far less a logical rebuttal? Tell you what. Since I suspect the latter to be true of both you and the grunt who followed you I will place you both on ignore. That way I will never be tempted to waste another k/b of bandwidth on such vacuous drivel again.

Calling you out as a hun automatically deconstructs any point you have ever made on here 

On 4/23/2021 at 10:59 AM, Millertime said:

So you would be OK with Hamilton bringing 45 fans to Pittodrie and getting half the gate aye?

Only if you would be OK with Aberdeen taking 2,000 to 3,000 to Glasgow and taking half of the 50,000 gates 4 times a season. At the end of the day the typical bottom half of the league like Hamilton etc would be the biggest winners. Everybody in the top half has bigger gates than they do. But the OF could potentially lose around 20 million between them. Which obviously wouldn't do them any good.

Say an average 50K gate. Say an average £20 a ticket. You're talking sharing half of a million quid gate. Go there 4 times a season £2 million. And that's the way it worked until they forced the change to the current system in 1980.

• Upvote 1

Scottish football clubs will join a boycott of social media platforms in an effort to combat online abuse and discrimination.

Celtic have highlighted "racial and sectarian attacks and horrendous personal abuse" against their players, staff and fans as they backed the boycott.

"This is something which simply has to stop," they stated. "Abusing someone because of the colour of their skin, abusing an individual due to their religion, unacceptable personal attacks or pathetically mocking the death of a loved one - our players, staff and supporters have, tragically, experienced it all through social media.

"We must all make a stand and together defeat this negative, damaging behaviour, which inflicts so much harm."

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster added: "Discrimination of any kind has absolutely no place in Scottish football and the online abuse received by some of those involved in our national game is absolutely abhorrent.

"Players and supporters from diverse backgrounds have played, and continue to play, an enormously positive and valued role in our game. Diversity is part of what makes Scottish football what it is, it should be protected and championed.

How can the huns and Celtic have the nerve to support anything to do with this with their track record on sectarian.

• Upvote 5

They've clearly been better than everyone else. That said, it's embarrassing that they look very likely to now finish well over 20 points clear of the team in second place, and likely 40 points ahead of that in third.

Even worse, they might well go through the season undefeated in the league. There have been a few occasions that has happened in the past....oldco have done so as have Celtic. But both with sides far more worthy of the accolade "invincibles". This sevco side pales in comparison. Hopefully we can spring a surprise in a fortnight's time but I don't hold out too much hope. We too will probably end up with a player red carded to aid their mission

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Fucking embarrassing this hun team have walked the league. They aren’t that good.

Head and shoulders better than anyone else though. The fact we're 4th after this season shows you how bad a league it is. A particularly poor quality league from 2-12.

Watching that it's patently clear that this Celtic side has no chance of challenging them for the title next year. They need a massive rebuild to do so and I can't see them doing it in a single season.

Rangers on the other hand are already strong and wont stand still. They will strengthen from a starting point of strength. It's going to be like shooting at a moving target for Celtic. Might take 2 or even 3 seasons to catch them.

Then if Rangers qualify for the CL and capture that golden jackpot while Celtic don't that moving target begins moving even faster.

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

Watching that it's patently clear that this Celtic side has no chance of challenging them for the title next year. They need a massive rebuild to do so and I can't see them doing it in a single season.

Rangers on the other hand are already strong and wont stand still. They will strengthen from a starting point of strength. It's going to be like shooting at a moving target for Celtic. Might take 2 or even 3 seasons to catch them.

Then if Rangers qualify for the CL and capture that golden jackpot while Celtic don't that moving target begins moving even faster.

Is there not two places in the champions league next season?