Sevco Thread

42 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Leeds purportedly are going to offer £15 million for Kent. Sevco might manage to negotiate them up to about £18/20 million but any higher and Leeds will look elsewhere.

It's laughable to think they might get any more that £10 million for Morelos though.

you honestly believe that Morelos is not worth more than 10m? We all hate him but thats ridiculous to think that someone won't offer atleast 20m off the back of his performances in Europa League alone. Id be willing to bet both Kent and Morelos will go for nearer my valuation of 25m each than yours above. 

• Haha 3
  • Dildo 1

38 minutes ago, slippers said:

you honestly believe that Morelos is not worth more than 10m? We all hate him but thats ridiculous to think that someone won't offer atleast 20m off the back of his performances in Europa League alone. Id be willing to bet both Kent and Morelos will go for nearer my valuation of 25m each than yours above. 

Can't see it. 

They couldn't get anywhere near that amount for him when he was in form and had over 3 years on his contract. 

He's had a pretty poor season and is down to 2 years so I can't see a club spending that kinda cash on him now if they weren't willing to do so then. 

He can't break into his international team as a regular starting player. 

His physical condition for a professional sportsman is nothing short of a disgrace. 

10m tops. 

But it will be reported as a 20m 'deal' as is the custom at Ibrox these days.  Which will be 10m plus his salary over the course of his contract with his new team. 

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Can't see it. 

They couldn't get anywhere near that amount for him when he was in form and had over 3 years on his contract. 

He's had a pretty poor season and is down to 2 years so I can't see a club spending that kinda cash on him now if they weren't willing to do so then. 

He can't break into his international team as a regular starting player. 

His physical condition for a professional sportsman is nothing short of a disgrace. 

10m tops. 

But it will be reported as a 20m 'deal' as is the custom at Ibrox these days.  Which will be 10m plus his salary over the course of his contract with his new team. 

I agree. Weird to read that someone,  who’s physical condition is a disgrace, would still command 10m though.

personally, I think he’s a petulant, turgid, little cunt and paying anything like 10m would be a massive gamble for any suitor. No doubt it will happen though...

16 hours ago, slippers said:

Kent and Morelos will probably go for 50m combined. It’s massive money in Scottish terms. Spend 15 on replacements and that’s a lot in the bank. They have done well on recruitment side. Independent company valued squad at almost 150m. Was probably not even quarter that before Gerrard came in. Gerrard getting all the credit but in reality they have recruited backroom staff very well in most departments. 

What drugs are you taking?  ... and can you send some to Australia?

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

The Fredo could easily go this summer as has at least curbed his aggressive nature and petulant sending offs. Fingers crossed he does, they ain’t signing diamonds every time, plenty of expensive shite on the market 

Fashion Sakala has been signed up on a pre-contract already. 

Even if he's only replacing Defoe, it's a definite downgrade

Is there not the issue with Morelos in that I don't think he's played enough games for the national team to gain a work permit in England? 

This should have also been a problem up here when they signed him but it wasn't due to the morons & cretins who run the game here and bend over backwards for Sevco.

11 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I made a judgement on Ryan Fraser within 17 secs

If you can't tell if a player has it or not after 4 games then that's your issue, not mine

One of those starts was in the latter stages of europa league and he played well, and scored

Answer the question- who is a better right back?

Or is this just because he plays for them that your blind rage skews things?

I’ve not seen him play 1 sec to be honest let alone 4 games, cause I’m not a Hun with a blinkered mentality.

So in that regard, you probably have a much better insight than me with regards to SevCo’s youth players breaking through.

4 games is still not sufficient to be up for YPOTY in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Do you seriously know enough about sakala to say he is a downgrade on a 38 year old defoe who made 5 starts and 8 sub appearances this season,  scoring 3 goals?

Just watched a clip of him and within 17 secs you can tell he’s not a direct replacement forDefoe.

More of an advanced coverage for Kent moving on.

59 minutes ago, Iraq_Red said:

Is there not the issue with Morelos in that I don't think he's played enough games for the national team to gain a work permit in England? 

And is it meant to be competition games and not friendlies? He's had a few friendlies the son of a mattress cunt. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Do you seriously know enough about sakala to say he is a downgrade on a 38 year old defoe who made 5 starts and 8 sub appearances this season,  scoring 3 goals?

Ive seen more of him than the 17 seconds it took you to make a judgement on Ryan Fraser....

Patterson looks like a talented young player. He has a lot of potential. 

However POTY awards are based on what you've done, not how good you are. 7 appearances mean he's done fuck all. Only an idiot, a contrarian or a hun would argue he's worthy of his nomination. 

Kick in the teeth for young players at other clubs who have played most of the season and contributed significantly to their clubs avoiding relegation or going on a cup run or whatever. 

Apparently they changed the rules a couple of years ago so you have to qualify to play for Scotland. 

So Ali McCann who qualified last season no longer qualifies. 

So it's really a Young Scottish Player of the Year Award. 

Interestingly this rule change didn't apply to the senior award. 

46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Patterson looks like a talented young player. He has a lot of potential. 

However POTY awards are based on what you've done, not how good you are. 7 appearances mean he's done fuck all. Only an idiot, a contrarian or a hun would argue he's worthy of his nomination. 

Funny that - the poster arguing for him qualifies on all 3 counts ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
4 hours ago, Millertime said:

I made a judgement on Ryan Fraser within 17 secs

If you can't tell if a player has it or not after 4 games then that's your issue, not mine

One of those starts was in the latter stages of europa league and he played well, and scored

Answer the question- who is a better right back?

Or is this just because he plays for them that your blind rage skews things?

Aye, and yer uncle fell doon the stairs in 71. 

Havering/tedious/obvious/attention seeking/tinky cunt ye

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Started as a ypoty debate then morphed into international then back again. 

YPOTY nomination? No, not played enough games.

Conversely (& maybe contradictory?) probably should be in the Scotland squad, only on the basis that he looks better than Stephen O’Donnell?

He’ll be back getting splinters on his arse next season though as Tavernier is not getting dropped any time soon. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Is the debate not the Scotland squad, as opposed to player of the year?

Ah. I missed the Scotland squad side of it. 

Id have him very close to that, if not in it. Which is as much a reflection on the dearth of options we have there as it is on Patterson. 

The Rangers managing director Stewart Robertson has criticised the SPFL and Scottish FA for lacking innovation in player development and not submitting the Old Firm colt teams proposal to clubs.

Will sort that for him.

The Rangers and Celtic player development only.