Sevco Thread

49 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aye, cos people have to be paid more to want to live there

Process that for a second

aberdonians go on about Glasgow a lot more than Glaswegians go on about aberdeen 

And its for very obvious reasons that it's that way around

Jealousy 

Cringe

8 hours ago, Millertime said:

And its an indication of your inferiority complex that you think they were helped

They were relegated to the 3rd tier 

The only thing that holds aberdeen football club back, is being based in aberdeen

It’s unsurprising that you defend all things SevCo and take the Huns position in this instance.

They weren’t relegated. They were liquidated and the new club were granted special allowance for them to join the 4th tier of Scottish football.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

It’s unsurprising that you defend all things SevCo and take the Huns position in this instance.

They weren’t relegated. They were liquidated and the new club were granted special allowance for them to join the 4th tier of Scottish football.

And they were fortunate that the 4th tier was the lowest rung on the football ladder at that time. If it was to happen now they would have the Lowland League at 5th tier and then the newly formed West of Scotland leagues down to tier 8. All those teams would expect to be dunted up a place if another league side above them were to become defunct.

The new AFC Bury side in England have had to start again at tier 10, no dispensation for them to re-enter at League Two level because there is an established pyramid system below them. The Huns can count themselves very fortunate their new club didn't have that problem in 2012.

1 hour ago, Yorston Vasey said:

And they were fortunate that the 4th tier was the lowest rung on the football ladder at that time. If it was to happen now they would have the Lowland League at 5th tier and then the newly formed West of Scotland leagues down to tier 8. All those teams would expect to be dunted up a place if another league side above them were to become defunct.

The new AFC Bury side in England have had to start again at tier 10, no dispensation for them to re-enter at League Two level because there is an established pyramid system below them. The Huns can count themselves very fortunate their new club didn't have that problem in 2012.

Not that Sevco would've ever been forced into tier 8 in the pyramid, but it would've been interesting to see how the huns got on with a seven year slog through the leagues, starting with playing actual pub teams, rather than the four year 'journey' they 'suffered'. 

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

Aye, cos people have to be paid more to want to live there

Process that for a second

aberdonians go on about Glasgow a lot more than Glaswegians go on about aberdeen 

And its for very obvious reasons that it's that way around

Jealousy 

Places where wages are low are usually smart as fuck? Places where things are expensive are shite holes? Is that what I've to process?

?

You're sickly both physically and mentally. 

4 hours ago, Henry said:

Not that Sevco would've ever been forced into tier 8 in the pyramid, but it would've been interesting to see how the huns got on with a seven year slog through the leagues, starting with playing actual pub teams, rather than the four year 'journey' they 'suffered'. 

As it was, they still spent 2 seasons in the Championship and only won the Challenge Cup once from 4 attempts.

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

It’s even more embarrassing to Aberdeen that a completely new club came in and won the league before us.

That completely new club has had the second highest budget for their entire 9 year history and only have one major domestic trophy to show for it.

• Upvote 1
On 6/8/2021 at 8:50 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

That is actually embarrassing. They have the cheek to call it the daily rhebel as well. Where do you even start with that absolute garbage?

On 6/8/2021 at 11:15 PM, Millertime said:

And its an indication of your inferiority complex that you think they were helped

They were relegated to the 3rd tier 

The only thing that holds aberdeen football club back, is being based in aberdeen

Desperate for attention again eh? Desperate to seem anything other than utterly boring? 

On 6/9/2021 at 7:25 AM, afc1903mad said:

Correct. The powers that be did everything they could to help them. They even had two semi finals in the cups played at ibrox, even though the huns were in one of them. It only happens in one league in one country. Corrupt to the very core.

• Downvote 1
On 6/8/2021 at 11:10 PM, Millertime said:

Because there is nothing to go on about in regards  to Aberdeen as a place. Easily the safest, nicest and most affluent city in Scotland vs the grime smeared junkie infested slums of Glasgow. No contest. People say our city is boring because it's largely grey, but i think it's a rather unique and charming aspect of Aberdeen. I'm into history, and all the grey buildings make me think of medieval times, which I like. The granite glistens when the sun is out as well. 

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Because there is nothing to go on about in regards  to Aberdeen as a place. Easily the safest, nicest and most affluent city in Scotland vs the grime smeared junkie infested slums of Glasgow. No contest. People say our city is boring because it's largely grey, but i think it's a rather unique and charming aspect of Aberdeen. I'm into history, and all the grey buildings make me think of medieval times, which I like. The granite glistens when the sun is out as well. 

Surely if it's all the things you say, then people would talk about those aspects all the time! No?! Lolz

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

Surely if it's all the things you say, then people would talk about those aspects all the time! No?! Lolz

All what things? The original point was that weegies don't talk about Aberdeen. You think a bunch of weegie tinks are going to sit and praise Aberdeen for all the points i listed? Of course not. My point was that they have nothing negative to say. The granite aspect does get brought up all the time as one of the city's negatives. I'm just saying that I personally like it. 

1 hour ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

All what things? The original point was that weegies don't talk about Aberdeen. You think a bunch of weegie tinks are going to sit and praise Aberdeen for all the points i listed? Of course not. My point was that they have nothing negative to say. The granite aspect does get brought up all the time as one of the city's negatives. I'm just saying that I personally like it. 

You said it was the 'safest, nicest and most affluent' city, yet no one talks about the city- I've heard plenty people talk about nice cities they've been to. Maybe it's just aberdonians (my phone doesn't recognise that, just so you know) that like to talk about shit stuff. ??‍♂️ Or cities they're jealous of? ?

Also...Maybe you should say what you mean in future...

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You said it was the 'safest, nicest and most affluent' city, yet no one talks about the city- I've heard plenty people talk about nice cities they've been to. Maybe it's just aberdonians (my phone doesn't recognise that, just so you know) that like to talk about shit stuff. ??‍♂️ Or cities they're jealous of? ?

Also...Maybe you should say what you mean in future...

I'm obviously biased but Aberdeen is a safe and clean city in the main with beautiful countryside on its doorstep.  

The city centre itself is the let down.  Years of poor planning have led to it becoming an abomination with no identity unfortunately. 

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'm obviously biased but Aberdeen is a safe and clean city in the main with beautiful countryside on its doorstep.  

The city centre itself is the let down.  Years of poor planning have led to it becoming an abomination with no identity unfortunately. 

I'm only on the wind up tbh. Aberdeen is a nice enough place 

48 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Is it really the ‘most affluent city in Scotland’

i know a lot of Tigers like to think they’re rich but I’m currently on Dode Street and there’s not much affluence down here 

Was in it’s day and even 10 years ago admin assistants would be getting £35k no probs. Not a clue what is average but I used to think fucking hell. Offshore boys average wage, nae sure at least £50k minimum.

A load of folk have done well out of it and there are plenty millionaires per head but compared to Edinburgh etc possibly not as affluent.

Still fucks me off that we never got more investment and who knows where we will be in 20 years, we had the good times and quite possibly have pissed it all away.

House prices, price of a pint, cost of living etc ridiculously inflated but hey ho.

Good fun at the time.

6 hours ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Also, why do the words "Glasgow" and "Glaswegian" start with a capital letter, yet "aberdeen" and "aberdonian" don't? Using any means necessary to try and belittle us? You cunt :banghead: 

I dont capitalise anything I dislike like huns, tims, mongalchin etc......

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Is it really the ‘most affluent city in Scotland’

i know a lot of Tigers like to think they’re rich but I’m currently on Dode Street and there’s not much affluence down here 

Nothing wrong with Angela's African food shop, well from the outside, was too scared to go in. Dread to think what they fucking eat.

I fucked up earlier, ended going the wrong way up the street, when to fuck did it become one way ffs??

16 hours ago, daytripping said:

Nothing wrong with Angela's African food shop, well from the outside, was too scared to go in. Dread to think what they fucking eat.

I fucked up earlier, ended going the wrong way up the street, when to fuck did it become one way ffs??

Dode St is ace for food. Its like a Benetton advert but for food.

Thains still the best though. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Dode St is ace for food. Its like a Benetton advert but for food.

Thains still the best though. 

Rough count.

3 Chinese takeaways

3 Indian restaurants

nepalese takeaway

Chinese chipper

2 kebab shops

2 Italian pizza and Pasta

2 baker shops(Greigs and Thains)

Tex mex place

2 coffee shops