Sevco Thread

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m proposing you can’t referee the game of a team it’s known you support.

Surely that should be a given for a referee?!

In England they’re not even allowed to ref games involving rivals of the team they support e.g. a Sunderland supporting ref doesn’t get to ref Newcastle games etc.

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m proposing you can’t referee the game of a team it’s known you support.

Surely that should be a given for a referee?!

Did Sandy Roy ever referee an Aberdeen game?

Did Bob Valentine referee a Dundee or Dundee United game vs the OF, I don't think so.

3 hours ago, shut up meg said:

"Promise me, son, not to do the things I've done
Walk away from trouble if you can
Now it won't mean you're weak if you turn the other cheek
I hope you're old enough to understand
Son, you don't have to fight to be a man"

Loved that song, but Tommy stood up to defend Becky’s honour 

18 hours ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Hey hun shitebag, want me to post up the PM you sent me? ;)

14 hours ago, Millertime said:

What, where after I got about 7 PMs from you,  I said I want you to stop with the thinly veiled threats as I'm not remotely interested in any hassle?

That one?

I've saved you the bother "big man"

Hey hun shitebag, you know exactly the one I mean. :)

8 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

If you have integrity then you should be able to referee a game fairly.

without integrity though……..

Might not be popular here.  Yes he’s had occasional blips* but I quite like self confessed hun Madden.  Let’s a tousy game flow more than some, bearing in mind tousy is what we want and they don’t.

Beaton is that dangerous type that thinks he can give the soft huge game changing decisions one way and then thinks giving you something back when you’re 3-0 down somehow squares it up.

* Acknowledge he has blips.  I think it was him that didn’t send off McGregor in front of the RDS when he should have.

12 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I'm watching the Hearts Celtic game now,  am I also a closet tim or a closet jambo? 

Didn't watch either hun or tim game.

Only game I watched was Dundee St. Mirren, which was nae bad to watch.

Charlie Adam though, looks aboot 70.

Sure somebody remarked as such last season on here.

Noted that their Main Stand had no fans in it, hardly surprising, as ye canna social distance 1cm going up and down those stairs and walkways at the back.

Not a criticism, love that old stand.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Might not be popular here.  Yes he’s had occasional blips* but I quite like self confessed hun Madden.  Let’s a tousy game flow more than some, bearing in mind tousy is what we want and they don’t.

Beaton is that dangerous type that thinks he can give the soft huge game changing decisions one way and then thinks giving you something back when you’re 3-0 down somehow squares it up.

* Acknowledge he has blips.  I think it was him that didn’t send off McGregor in front of the RDS when he should have.

Dallas is by far the worst, doesn’t even try to “even it up” once the game is secured

42 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm taking the honest position

There's plenty to hate them for without inventing crap

Ie, "nobody wants their fans" - a good few teams sell them more tickets than they're due, us included actually in the past I think?

So that's a lot of keech right away

Correct, but not any longer fuck lugs...

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I'm taking the honest position

There's plenty to hate them for without inventing crap

Ie, "nobody wants their fans" - a good few teams sell them more tickets than they're due, us included actually in the past I think?

So that's a lot of keech right away

Maybe for diddy clubs, but any self respecting Dons fan would rather the Phoenix club died like their predecessors 

Was it a sad day for you when Rangers liquidated?

sevCo can get to fuck from where I’m concerned

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

What's preferring their club to die got to do with talking shite about bias?

I hate them, but I find the bias talk excremently embarrassing 

What's "excrementally" embarrassing is your continual defending of all things Hun.

There is a bias in the refereeing towards them and a pandering to them from the SPFL / SFA.

2 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Did you not sign up to the Burnley forum MT min?

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

No, I didnt

You’re not denying being a frequenter of follow follow though ?

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Worse than that, he's a regular on follow follow (or he's admitted being on there before)

On 8/1/2021 at 9:40 AM, sheepcrooky said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7487280/rangers-spfl-8-million-sponsorship-cinch/

Sevco now not displaying the new league sponsors logo. Arseholes. 

The only thing I agree with this is that the league has been undersold but its been this way for ages and that's with the likes of Doncaster etc.

As for the Huns moaning, they just need to shut the fuck up and deal with it; their self of entitlement and lack of contrition knows no bounds

On 6/27/2021 at 6:49 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

This is something I’ve long said, you see them on social media and you can guess which team they support before looking at their profile. Not an original thought between them. 

Then you have the ones who claim to be supporters of the football club and not into the bigotry. There seems to be a lot of them, very few will just own the fact that they hate catholics. It also makes you wonder why any decent human being would stand shoulder to shoulder with these bigoted scumbags and let them belt out their sectarian nonsense. I can only assume that following a successful team outweighs the negatives of being associated with a bunch of racist bigots for them.

Then there’s the ones from Aberdeen/Dundee/Perth etc that have zero connection to Glasgow. So they are either gloryhunters or bigots, why else follow them? You never get a straight answer though, usually “my dad was a Rangers man” or some shite that’s likely bullocks.

I've read this forum for years, but never even considered registering until yesterday.

I was once a season ticket holder at Ibrox. I'd go to Bridgeton to watch the Orange parades (once I even went to Belfast for one), I'd wear the 'tangerine' strip, Union Jack t-shirts, drink in the Bristol and Louden pubs, and I'd sing all the songs. As you can probably tell from my username, I'm now a follower of the mighty Saints. What happened you might wonder? Well about five years ago I was baptised. Nothing remarkable about that. However, as I read the Bible and became more acquainted with the history of Christianity, it struck me that Catholicism is the true faith. I couldn't reconcile my (former) club's fan's attitude towards Rome with my religious beliefs, and I could never support Celtic. I've never liked Partick Thistle. Then it occurred to me - there's one senior club in Scotland, nay the whole of the British Isles, named after a saint*, and the rest is history.

Following St. Mirren for the last few years has been far more rewarding and enjoyable than watching Rangers ever was, despite having seen the latter win numerous league titles and cups, plus I can usually get tickets for away games and it's cheaper, too. We're now fan owned, and I'm proud to have contributed financially towards that end.

Incidentally, I don't get angered by Orange parades and no genuine Catholic should (Matthew 5:43-48). I also appreciate that most of you will think I'm some sort of superstitious loon - "fancy believing in aw that pish!" - and that's your prerogative.

I look forward to our games against you this season. Good luck on Thursday, I'll be watching on Premier Sports, and cheering you on - I want all the Scottish teams to do well in Europe.

*There's no saint called Johnstone, btw.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, GlesgaSaint said:

I've read this forum for years, but never even considered registering until yesterday.

I was once a season ticket holder at Ibrox. I'd go to Bridgeton to watch the Orange parades (once I even went to Belfast for one), I'd wear the 'tangerine' strip, Union Jack t-shirts, drink in the Bristol and Louden pubs, and I'd sing all the songs. As you can probably tell from my username, I'm now a follower of the mighty Saints. What happened you might wonder? Well about five years ago I was baptised. Nothing remarkable about that. However, as I read the Bible and became more acquainted with the history of Christianity, it struck me that Catholicism is the true faith. I couldn't reconcile my (former) club's fan's attitude towards Rome with my religious beliefs, and I could never support Celtic. I've never liked Partick Thistle. Then it occurred to me - there's one senior club in Scotland, nay the whole of the British Isles, named after a saint*, and the rest is history.

Following St. Mirren for the last few years has been far more rewarding and enjoyable than watching Rangers ever was, despite having seen the latter win numerous league titles and cups, plus I can usually get tickets for away games and it's cheaper, too. We're now fan owned, and I'm proud to have contributed financially towards that end.

Incidentally, I don't get angered by Orange parades and no genuine Catholic should (Matthew 5:43-48). I also appreciate that most of you will think I'm some sort of superstitious loon - "fancy believing in aw that pish!" - and that's your prerogative.

I look forward to our games against you this season. Good luck on Thursday, I'll be watching on Premier Sports, and cheering you on - I want all the Scottish teams to do well in Europe.

Fancy believing in aw that pish.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, GlesgaSaint said:

Aye but there's a saint called John and Perth, which has St John's Kirk was once known as "St John's town (or toon) hence the name St Johnstone.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, GlesgaSaint said:

<snip> However, as I read the Bible and became more acquainted with the history of Christianity, it struck me that Catholicism is the true faith.<snip>

Unless you've read the holy books of all the other religions, and I mean ALL the other religions, including the ones led by a weirdo with a guitar and located in a Texas compound, how do you have any idea that Catholicism is "the true faith*"

You have, by your own admission, reasonable knowledge of two branches of a single superstition. 

There are around 4300 recognized religions... not including subsects... which means you have a shortfall of somewhere in the region of 4298 religions, plus splinter groups, to educate yourself about before you can start claiming, "Yup... of the single religion I'm familiar with, THIS just happens to be the correct one out of all the others that I'm completely ignorant about."

It's not VERY likely, is it?

* Love New Order