Sevco Thread

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Yep, if he went in to win the ball, he was comfortably there, but he went in reckless and over the ball.

Pure stupidity

Last season, with no crowds, the referee doesn’t send him off in my opinion.

But I think the ref has shat himself and reacted to the crowd. 

I also don’t care what anyone says, referees do take in to account a players reputation. 
And that reputation is Porteous own fault, as he’s a dirty big hacking cunt who does make rash tackles.

I’ve seen two angles. One where it looks hard but fair, the other doesn’t look great for Porteous. I suppose it depends on what angle the referee sees, but I do think 50,000 slavering hun bastards influenced it. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Last season, with no crowds, the referee doesn’t send him off in my opinion.

But I think the ref has shat himself and reacted to the crowd. 

I also don’t care what anyone says, referees do take in to account a players reputation. 
And that reputation is Porteous own fault, as he’s a dirty big hacking cunt who does make rash tackles.

I’ve seen two angles. One where it looks hard but fair, the other doesn’t look great for Porteous. I suppose it depends on what angle the referee sees, but I do think 50,000 slavering hun bastards influenced it. 

I agree.

Viewing from purely the referee's camera angle, it looks a decent solid tackle, albeit hard to tell if te ref sees him go over the top of the ball.

From the other angle, its clear its reckless

Can't have a go at the ref for sending Porteous off.

That said, not dealing with multiple instances of Morelos raising his hands and pushing player blatantly should have also been dealt with by a yellow at least 

18 hours ago, Tommy said:

Unsurprisingly the commentators were all for a red.

I thought it was a decent challenge.

I'd say it was a full blooded challenge. Maybe the speed he has went in was the issue but totally believe if Goldson made that challenge it's not even a foul let alone a card. If it was slightly high his foot at point of contact then yes it's a red card. Poor decision. Dont believe the ref has the right viewpoint to 100% make that decision. Hun players made it for him

1 minute ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I was there.  If memory serves under, just in front of the commentary box.  Don’t recall the tackle specifically, just around 15 minutes of absolute out of control madness. 

All stemmed from Souness’ arrogance in the 18 months preceding it.

Aye we were roughly in that part of the South Stand that day as well. 

The old man always wanted to be as close to the halfway line as he could get and about half way up. 

40 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I was there.  If memory serves under, just in front of the commentary box.  Don’t recall the tackle specifically, just around 15 minutes of absolute out of control madness. 

All stemmed from Souness’ arrogance and open thuggery in the 18 months preceding it.

I was there as well great day out

The day we stood upto  for areselves and took no shit and no prisoners

Happy days

11 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

All stemmed from Souness’ arrogance and open thuggery in the 18 months preceding it.

RIP and all that but Neale Cooper caused the mayhem that day with his antics; his celebration after scoring, charging  about like a bull, no doubt wound up by that cunt Souness.

Was in the centre of the south stand that day too, maybe towards the beach end. What an atmosphere at Charlie’s winner.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

RIP and all that but Neale Cooper caused the mayhem that day with his antics; his celebration after scoring, charging  about like a bull, no doubt wound up by that cunt Souness.

Was in the centre of the south stand that day too, maybe towards the beach end. What an atmosphere at Charlie’s winner.

Aye it was all a bit of a tense and weird atmosphere to start with, mainly because of Tattie being back in a Hun strip.  Simmie was well fired up. 

Was a brilliant game to watch though. Getting the winner in a game like that is a proper buzz. 

Spoiled a little by that cunt Durrant's diving antics obviously.