Sevco Thread

2 minutes ago, BitWait said:

He will take Kent , 10 mill max as he knows their finances. Morelos I think he is glad to see the back of.

I think the only player he will take is Kamara. Unless he is wanting to do the Huns a massive favour financially at Villa’s expense & pay exaggerated fees for inadequate players/value such as Kent, Jack, Travernier.

will be very notable that he will have zero interest In Morelos at all other than the west coast media mafia making up all kinds of BS rumours with inflated fees for him & half the team. 
Their media machine will be unbearable late December/January window with all the shite they’re going to make up rgds Villa after Huns players to inflate prices & make a dent in debts

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I think the only player he will take is Kamara. Unless he is wanting to do the Huns a massive favour financially at Villa’s expense & pay exaggerated fees for inadequate players/value such as Kent, Jack, Travernier.

will be very notable that he will have zero interest In Morelos at all other than the west coast media mafia making up all kinds of BS rumours with inflated fees for him & half the team. 
Their media machine will be unbearable late December/January window with all the shite they’re going to make up rgds Villa after Huns players to inflate prices & make a dent in debts

That is the only downside to this highly amusing episode, he may be tempted to buy a couple huns on the cheap (by EPL standards) that will mean literally saving them from going into admin. Kamara and maybe Paterson I would say.

26 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Surely he doesn’t get a say in how much to offer anyway? Wouldn’t it be the number bods? Who care little for sentiment 

No he doesn't , you are right , but if he wants him the number crunchers at villa will know the huns will accept any offer over the 7 mill they paid for him to free up some finances for the new man to bring in some of his own guys.

Davie Provan insists Aston Villa would have been an even bigger lure for Steven Gerrard than Leicester City was for Brendan Rodgers.

The former Celtic manager left Parkhead midway through the season to take charge of the Foxes back in 2019.

But SunSport columnist Provan reckons Villa have even more potential to do well under Gerrard's leadership.

He told Go Radio: "If Leicester City were attractive enough for Brendan Rodgers to leave Celtic, then Aston Villa are an even bigger lure for Steven Gerrard.

"Villa are a bigger club than Leicester.

"They have every bit of potential or probably a lot more potential than Leicester."

villa are a bigger club than the recent league champions. Fit kind of dream world do these Imbeciles live in 

26 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Gerrard has cleaned the place out. 6 of them off to Villa in total. 

I hope Aston Villa have done a deal to pay for their new management team by instalments. That way once Sevco go into administration before the end of the season they might come to a deal to pay even less cash than was originally agreed. Win win

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Davie Provan insists Aston Villa would have been an even bigger lure for Steven Gerrard than Leicester City was for Brendan Rodgers.

The former Celtic manager left Parkhead midway through the season to take charge of the Foxes back in 2019.

But SunSport columnist Provan reckons Villa have even more potential to do well under Gerrard's leadership.

He told Go Radio: "If Leicester City were attractive enough for Brendan Rodgers to leave Celtic, then Aston Villa are an even bigger lure for Steven Gerrard.

"Villa are a bigger club than Leicester.

"They have every bit of potential or probably a lot more potential than Leicester."

villa are a bigger club than the recent league champions. Fit kind of dream world do these Imbeciles live in 

Remember Davie Provan didn’t rate Alex Ferguson and the best Aberdeen team in history. No point paying attention to what a former Celtic halfwit has to say full stop. The man is irrelevant.

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McAllister, Beale and 3 other members of his support team. Even the video analyst is going. 

Unfortunately Villa couldn't afford the SPFL referees that form the rest of his backroom team. 

Fantastic, full hun rebuild required and they don’t look a great prospects for any manager either due to the last of funds and shite squad

I’m not convinced any hun will follow him to Villa when the transfer window opens.

He will need far better than the likes of Kent, Kamara and Aribo. The huns will be desperate for him to help rescue them from their financial meltdown but there will be better players available and Villa have a pretty decent squad as it is.

• Upvote 3

Aribo and Kamara are regulars for their respective international sides. I expect Slippy to bid for one of them in January alongside Patterson who is 10 years younger than Tavernier and is at least as good as already. I also think he'll avoid Morelos like the plague. He's just more trouble than he's worth.