Sevco Thread

25 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

VB will have fuck all money to spend. 

Sevco have to find circa £11m just to keep going till the end of the season so unless they sell a few players for millions, VB will have to make do with the squad they have less the players they sell.

Let’s see if he is a chequebook manager like Gerrard

Every Sevco Manager is a cheque book manager, could never do it with normal budgets 

35 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

The Govan wankers and reality dont mix. Hopefully the Ladyboy sends Sevco deeper into the financial abyss of no return like Advotwaat did with Oldco.

Looking at GVB's record, it looks like he's potentially a cheque book manager. There's no doubt that he was a successful football player and will know the game though. You don't get to the final of the World cup as captain without being able to play. that said, my recollection of their route to the final was a stark difference from the traditional Total Football we associate wwith holland

His success in winning the league with Feyenoord followed them spending £27M in the transfer window, including taking back RVP on a free (ok they had two big money moves out).

To put in context, in the 4 years since, they averages a spend of £5.8M on transfers each year.

Its rumoured that Van Gastel is the main man behind GVB and interesting that Guangzhou let GVB leave, whilst Van Gastel remained

I hope he turns out to be pish and wastes their money, but no doubt the backroom staff (Beaton, MadHun, Dallas etc) will be there to lend a bit of support

27 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Looking at GVB's record, it looks like he's potentially a cheque book manager. There's no doubt that he was a successful football player and will know the game though. You don't get to the final of the World cup as captain without being able to play. that said, my recollection of their route to the final was a stark difference from the traditional Total Football we associate wwith holland

His success in winning the league with Feyenoord followed them spending £27M in the transfer window, including taking back RVP on a free (ok they had two big money moves out).

To put in context, in the 4 years since, they averages a spend of £5.8M on transfers each year.

Its rumoured that Van Gastel is the main man behind GVB and interesting that Guangzhou let GVB leave, whilst Van Gastel remained

I hope he turns out to be pish and wastes their money, but no doubt the backroom staff (Beaton, MadHun, Dallas etc) will be there to lend a bit of support

He’s not going to play for them AFAIK. Your ability as a player isn’t really that relevant to your ability as a coach/manager.

30 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He’s not going to play for them AFAIK. Your ability as a player isn’t really that relevant to your ability as a coach/manager.

21 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

See W Miller for details

Absolutely, totally agree with you guys. I merely reflected he should have a decent knowledge of the game. If he's able to transfer that knowledge effectively for SevCo has yet to be seen