Sevco Thread

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Frankfurt have just knocked out West Ham and beaten other top teams to reach the Europa League Final. They are no walkover.

True Frankfurt won't be a walkover they have beaten Barca and West Ham. But for me Sevco are the slight favourites to win the EL now they have already knocked out two stronger German teams if you go by current league positions in the Bundesliga. And the huns have proved they can get results in europe away from Glasgow.

Our proud record of being the last Scottish team to win a European trophy is in big danger. 

1 minute ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Just shows how badly we underachieved under McInnes

Under McInnes we were never close to automatic group stage football the coefficient was nowhere near high enough we always had to play clubs ranked higher than us to get to the group stages. Hearts are guaranteed group stage football due to their big brothers recent results in europe and the addition of a 3rd euro competition that didn't exist during McInnes' reign.

29 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

But how is it going to benefit the Scottish league really? It just allows Rangers (and Celtic were they to go a European run) to stock up money and pillage the best players from the other teams whenever they want, meaning the other teams will always struggle to improve.

The list of players those 2 have signed over the years purely to weaken the selling teams is ridiculous. Half the time the players don’t even get a game. 

So what's changed? That's always been the way of it. Let's be realistic, there is currently no chance of competing with the Glasgow duo short or long term and mostly there never has been. We gave them their sternest test during the Ferguson era but that was a blip.

So with all that in mind the best everyone else can do is attempt to be 3rd best at a minimum which can get you millions of guaranteed income, as Hearts are about to benefit from and who knows, perhaps Dundee United too. They will have comfortably bigger budgets, could pay more, and may attract a quality of player who wouldn't be there if Euro football wasn't on offer. Do well for a Scottish club in Europe and you will get on to the English radar.

Money will filter around, Hearts for example may buy up some of the best from other sides too. If there's a situation where there is one or preferably even more outside the big two qualifying for a group stage each season Scottish football overall will improve. And that's down to the big two qualifying for knockout rounds boosting the co-efficient getting us easier passage to a group, potentially even automatic, and more spots available.

And this is actually the situation in most countries with just a small number being consistently dominant. Bayern being a prime example. And in Scotland due to an unusual polarisation let's say we have a situation where more of the football supporting community than would be the case in most countries follow a team that isn't their local team.

That's the reality, and even if they were shite and never qualified for Europe then it would still be the case. So the fact that they actually do is irrelevant in a sense to the near or long term future. They don't need it to be dominant in Scotland, we all need it to have any chance at all of shaking it up to any degree. If Hearts were to get consecutive seasons in a Euro group believe  me you would see the difference it makes to them.

Hard truth is that players written off by folk on here long before their move to that lot will now be playing in a major final. Folk laughed at them signing Wright.

Once again the huns are representing the best of Scotland. 

And Aberdeen have rarely been shitter. I cannae be arsed anymore.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

In other words, players they have plundered from Scottish clubs as Andy_123 has pointed out. 

It’s amusing that I genuinely think he tries to be the Piers Morgan of the forum, always looking for attention and a reaction. However, too many times he’s ended up looking like a bit of a fud. I’ve tried to help him in the past but he still persists. 

I'm pretty sure the Scottish  premiership does gain a windfall from the huns winning the cup, 

I will be honest in the 80s I cheered on Aberdeen and Dundee United in Europe, both were a credit to Scotland , Both clubs with no real big egos, but I would sit at home willing both to win.

So was that wrong?

The Scottish game is rife with greed, self interest,  corruption, arrogance, and general shit housery, and Aberdeen are guilty of being complicent in that too, we have had representative on the board of the league body, and he did fuck all but tow the party line,  we had one chance to change the dynamic of the game and we refused to do so,

That chance may well not ever arise again

Aberdeen are maybe a club with a soul, and family tradition, well it maybe was, now add in lack of fucking backbone to that

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Fair fucks to the huns, when the old club got to the UEFA final it was shithousery and bus parking all the way... these guys have rattled the goals in.

They're still cunts though.

As much as it pains me to acknowledge this, you’re right.

I can’t stand them and their European run, it’s unbearable, but it’s hard to deny they were the better team in most of these games.

I just don’t understand their levels of performances in Europe.

God and fat Jesus, i hate them so much. 

sadly SEVCO are favorites IMO  in this nightmare scenario.
we are no longer getting much in the way of crumbs from the trophy table now.
only upside would be the english finally take the new club and celtic over the border.?
very unlikely but who knows, the buggers will win there first ever euro trophy and be minted in the process.
then we have the refs to contend with even if we could compete.
so no change
dons should look to any scandinavian league to play in .
maybe  join the highland if that fails i say.
all the moaning and whinning in the world wont change a damned thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVuJxIRd9U

1 hour ago, Redtillimdead said:

If those Hun bastards win my life won't be worth living at work. Might take a sabbatical. Praying they won't beat a third German team. 

I feel ya! I have huns at my work. Fukckn raging! If we thought it was bad pre 2012 its going to get waaay worse. Just need to hope the huns n Tim's fuck off the engerlund! I hope they get loads of injurys in the Scottish Cup final we need Herts to fuck them up physically!

I remember that piece of shit milne saying we needed a strong rangers!  The utter cunt! Why do afc have a history of cunts on the board ?

Just noticed the hun cunts play the euro final before the Scottish Cup! Ffs 

11 hours ago, CCB III said:

Baby brain.

Is it?

Only reason hearts are right into groups and guaranteed 3 or 4m is because of the glasgow 2s exploits, one more than the other

Big crumbs the rest of the teams get from their success, problem is the other teams don't manage it properly 

2 hours ago, red kelly said:

sadly SEVCO are favorites IMO  in this nightmare scenario.
we are no longer getting much in the way of crumbs from the trophy table now.
only upside would be the english finally take the new club and celtic over the border.?
very unlikely but who knows, the buggers will win there first ever euro trophy and be minted in the process.
then we have the refs to contend with even if we could compete.
so no change
dons should look to any scandinavian league to play in .
maybe  join the highland if that fails i say.
all the moaning and whinning in the world wont change a damned thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVuJxIRd9U

You don't think their doing well in Europe, resulting in guaranteed group stage euro football for 2 teams outwith them is a pretty big deal?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

I feel ya! I have huns at my work. Fukckn raging! If we thought it was bad pre 2012 its going to get waaay worse. Just need to hope the huns n Tim's fuck off the engerlund! I hope they get loads of injurys in the Scottish Cup final we need Herts to fuck them up physically!I remember that piece of shit milne saying we needed a strong rangers!  The utter cunt! Why do afc have a history of cunts on the board ?

Just noticed the hun cunts play the euro final before the Scottish Cup! Ffs 

You don't seriously think that will make any difference if they do manage to wheedle their way into England, or some new construct?

They already have their colts teams sitting in the Lowland league just waiting for this to occur. Supposedly a one season trial, now extended and will become permanent. If/when their senior sides do fuck off, the rule in place that the colts sides can't be promoted outwith the Lowland league will almost instantaneously be overturned. Actually I can envisage that happening even before the big teams leave....they'll likely extend the rule in a couple of years to make it that the colts sides can't be promoted any higher than into SFL1. That way when the senior sides do fuck off, it'll only be a couple of promotions for the "colts" teams to get themselves into the SPL

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

You don't seriously think that will make any difference if they do manage to wheedle their way into England, or some new construct?

They already have their colts teams sitting in the Lowland league just waiting for this to occur. Supposedly a one season trial, now extended and will become permanent. If/when their senior sides do fuck off, the rule in place that the colts sides can't be promoted outwith the Lowland league will almost instantaneously be overturned. Actually I can envisage that happening even before the big teams leave....they'll likely extend the rule in a couple of years to make it that the colts sides can't be promoted any higher than into SFL1. That way when the senior sides do fuck off, it'll only be a couple of promotions for the "colts" teams to get themselves into the SPL

Ffs Ah well then i give up! time to find something else to occupy myself with as its a total joke.

Can we not just pretend the huns don't exist for a few weeks, remove this thread and ban all discussions on them. They don't affect us anymore this season, and social media, television, radio... in fact everywhere you look today its all about them.

Would be nice if AFC Chat was a haven of non-hun related chat.

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Is it?

Only reason hearts are right into groups and guaranteed 3 or 4m is because of the glasgow 2s exploits, one more than the other

Big crumbs the rest of the teams get from their success, problem is the other teams don't manage it properly 

The only positive of the last week is that bigoted old cunt Jimmy Bell dying & heading south to hell.

One less orange bigot in the world makes it a better world.

• Upvote 2

Thank fuck am not working today, sick as fuck. Cunts in the final and favourites to win. Only thing worse than this in football for me is England in a world cup final. Fuckers look destined to win it. Can we make a deal with the devil? Stop them from winning it and we'll take relegation?

Why is it everybody is saying the Huns are favourites to win?, frankfurt are higher than the Huns in the European ranking, in fact they are higher ranked than Bayer Leverkusen, granted they have bet even higher ranked teams but they aren’t favourites