Sevco Thread

1 hour ago, GlesgaSaint said:

I've read this forum for years, but never even considered registering until yesterday.

I was once a season ticket holder at Ibrox. I'd go to Bridgeton to watch the Orange parades (once I even went to Belfast for one), I'd wear the 'tangerine' strip, Union Jack t-shirts, drink in the Bristol and Louden pubs, and I'd sing all the songs. As you can probably tell from my username, I'm now a follower of the mighty Saints. What happened you might wonder? Well about five years ago I was baptised. Nothing remarkable about that. However, as I read the Bible and became more acquainted with the history of Christianity, it struck me that Catholicism is the true faith. I couldn't reconcile my (former) club's fan's attitude towards Rome with my religious beliefs, and I could never support Celtic. I've never liked Partick Thistle. Then it occurred to me - there's one senior club in Scotland, nay the whole of the British Isles, named after a saint*, and the rest is history.

Following St. Mirren for the last few years has been far more rewarding and enjoyable than watching Rangers ever was, despite having seen the latter win numerous league titles and cups, plus I can usually get tickets for away games and it's cheaper, too. We're now fan owned, and I'm proud to have contributed financially towards that end.

Incidentally, I don't get angered by Orange parades and no genuine Catholic should (Matthew 5:43-48). I also appreciate that most of you will think I'm some sort of superstitious loon - "fancy believing in aw that pish!" - and that's your prerogative.

I look forward to our games against you this season. Good luck on Thursday, I'll be watching on Premier Sports, and cheering you on - I want all the Scottish teams to do well in Europe.

*There's no saint called Johnstone, btw.

Have you ever smacked a bird?

I've read this forum for years, but never even considered registering until yesterday.

I was once a season ticket holder at Ibrox. I'd go to Bridgeton to watch the Orange parades (once I even went to Belfast for one), I'd wear the 'tangerine' strip, Union Jack t-shirts, drink in the Bristol and Louden pubs, and I'd sing all the songs. As you can probably tell from my username, I'm now a follower of the mighty Saints. What happened you might wonder? Well about five years ago I was baptised. Nothing remarkable about that. However, as I read the Bible and became more acquainted with the history of Christianity, it struck me that Catholicism is the true faith. I couldn't reconcile my (former) club's fan's attitude towards Rome with my religious beliefs, and I could never support Celtic. I've never liked Partick Thistle. Then it occurred to me - there's one senior club in Scotland, nay the whole of the British Isles, named after a saint*, and the rest is history.

Following St. Mirren for the last few years has been far more rewarding and enjoyable than watching Rangers ever was, despite having seen the latter win numerous league titles and cups, plus I can usually get tickets for away games and it's cheaper, too. We're now fan owned, and I'm proud to have contributed financially towards that end.

Incidentally, I don't get angered by Orange parades and no genuine Catholic should (Matthew 5:43-48). I also appreciate that most of you will think I'm some sort of superstitious loon - "fancy believing in aw that pish!" - and that's your prerogative.

I look forward to our games against you this season. Good luck on Thursday, I'll be watching on Premier Sports, and cheering you on - I want all the Scottish teams to do well in Europe.

I read no further. Fuck off out of here you scummy cunt. 

• Upvote 2

Isn't it St John and the Johnstone is after "St John's Toun"?

Greater joy in heaven over one sinner who repents etc

11 hours ago, GlesgaSaint said:

Not a chance this is a new poster.

12 hours ago, GlesgaSaint said:

Piss poor fishing from a multi account weirdo. 

13 hours ago, GlesgaSaint said:

@Clydeside_Sheep

There's a contender to your King of the Catholics crown.