Sevco Thread

25 minutes ago, OnceFaeMintlaw said:

I agree.  The Japanese guy is clearly ahead of the last defender, but I think he is behind whichever Tim squares the ball to him.

Its not VAR and I'm sure the method I used is not exact, but running a parrallel line with the 6 yard box would suggest he's ahead of the ball.

spacer.png

I notice when he plays, he regularly and deliberately goes offside, so when the ball is played wide for the winger to run onto, he has an advantage that's not an infringement as its 2nd phase

1 hour ago, Redtillimdead said:

It's sad to have to agree with Levein but he's spot on here. Blatant cheating by McCurry during that Dundee Utd game. Still continues today with the likes of Beaton. 

Not sad at all. As a pundit he's very good- self deprecating, usually has something interesting to say. He's one of the few in Scottish football media who talks about refs the way most fans see it. And has in the past been a brilliant wind up merchant.

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Levein is spot on about the refereeing, as he was when he spoke out when Dundee United manager. 

I think he should be appointed to lead the uprising. His hatred of the cheeks is a thing of beauty 

The rest of the clubs owe it to their fans to go en masse to those cunts at the SFA. 
TELL them they won’t accept the unlevel playing field any longer.

personally if that goal was given I would have no issue, if that goal was not given I would have no problem

is it a clear and obvious error? I would say no it isnt nor is it a clear and obvious goal

Are we going to get back to the 1 pixel width for offside? and the picture above - sorry the angle makes errors a massive parralax uncertainty. 

Unless we want VAR going to the far end of a fart again you have to ask is it a clear and obvious error, and is it a clear and obvious goal as we can only answer maybe and maybe  we should give the attacker the benefit 

24 minutes ago, Bamber said:

personally if that goal was given I would have no issue, if that goal was not given I would have no problem

is it a clear and obvious error? I would say no it isnt nor is it a clear and obvious goal

Are we going to get back to the 1 pixel width for offside? and the picture above - sorry the angle makes errors a massive parralax uncertainty. 

Unless we want VAR going to the far end of a fart again you have to ask is it a clear and obvious error, and is it a clear and obvious goal as we can only answer maybe and maybe  we should give the attacker the benefit 

It was clear and obvious in my opinion but can accept human error in that split second decision, which is what VAR should capture.

it’s not pixels either. I should add, it’s even clearer on the full size version I have

Remember the Sakala goal from the corner that was flicked on? Never even a crossing over of players. He stood in an offside position all the time (unless it was direct from the corner)

Isn't the purpose of VAR now to capture a clear and obvious error of fact. Not to capture an opinion?

this is being argued about days later so it cant be a clear and obvious error of fact 

Ojo supporter push - obvious error of fact VAR overrules

Bates penalty at Ibrox not obvious error of fact only of opinion VAR allows 

Kyoto goal Not clear VAR Allows I would suggest (or may disallows, I wouldnt have a problem either way which is sort of the point)

3 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Isn't the purpose of VAR now to capture a clear and obvious error of fact. Not to capture an opinion?

this is being argued about days later so it cant be a clear and obvious error of fact 

Who's doing the arguments though? aggrieved fans

From my perspective: -

5 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Technically correct, although advancing back to the supporter after being pushed made it technically correct by Madden, albeit extremely harsh

6 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Agree, VAR backs up Beaton in this case to give the pen, and would back Beatton in the three similar decisions not given at the opposite end. All backing the ref that its not a clear and obvious error and allowing the ref to award one side the advantage

8 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Kyoto goal Not clear VAR Allows I would suggest (or may disallows, I wouldnt have a problem either way which is sort of the point)

Clearly offside for me and should have been dissallowed. Not bothered as it means that Hears are still a point closer as a long shot target to be aiming for

3 hours ago, Henry said:

The McCurry game

Levein mentions it being the ref's last game - I don't think that was Mccurry's last game. Olus

mccurry was pretty much relegated from top flight ref'ing by the sfa. 

levein might just have added to his story for dramatic impact, right enough 

56 minutes ago, Bamber said:

When var comes in it should only be used for offsides when they can draw the lines on the screen for a definitive answer as we all know if it’s a dodgy decision the old firm ref in the truck isn’t going to go against the old firm ref on the pitch when your playing against the old firm 

I’m still of the view before we spend millions on VAR and similar on goal line technology why we’re not allowed to use live coverage first for the absolutely glaring errors mentioned to fix them at precisely zero cost.

Might one or two clubs be featured and hence scrutinised more perhaps?  And I’m of the view that instant replays help the better sides, not hinder them for the reasons discussed above.

3 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I’m still of the view before we spend millions on VAR and similar on goal line technology why we’re not allowed to use live coverage first for the absolutely glaring errors mentioned to fix them at precisely zero cost.

Might one or two clubs be featured and hence scrutinised more perhaps?  And I’m of the view that instant replays help the better sides, not hinder them for the reasons discussed above.

I think the only way var would work up here is if the managers of each team were allowed a certain number of challenges per half, like in tennis, and the video replays displayed in the stadium. That way you get maximum scrutiny to avoid any jiggerypokery. 

But it's probably too expensive to implement it in that way? 

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

When var comes in it should only be used for offsides when they can draw the lines on the screen for a definitive answer as we all know if it’s a dodgy decision the old firm ref in the truck isn’t going to go against the old firm ref on the pitch when your playing against the old firm 

Old Firm?

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think the only way var would work up here is if the managers of each team were allowed a certain number of challenges per half, like in tennis, and the video replays displayed in the stadium. That way you get maximum scrutiny to avoid any jiggerypokery. 

But it's probably too expensive to implement it in that way? 

I’m not anti VAR done properly and fairly, I just don’t understand why we don’t sort out the obvious stuff at zero cost first.

On 12/6/2021 at 7:57 PM, Dynamo said:

I see Lyon or French authorities have banned away fans this Thursday, leaving plenty Huns well out not pocket.

If it was any other support I might feel sorry for them.

Lyon is a pretty dangerous place.

Pretty certain the gormless, inbred hun mutants would be booted from one river to the other and back again for coming theit Brit retard UJ flying shite.

Which they always do.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Bamber said:

Not for offside. It either is or it isn't. VAR would be involved. See Everton last night. 

On 12/6/2021 at 6:30 PM, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Is it that clear? 

I genuinely don't think it is. For me he's just in line with the ball. 

I think it’s absolutely clear. If that happened against us there would be a 20 page thread on it. Unless of course we won the game and then there would be about 2 pages.

4 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Not sad at all. As a pundit he's very good- self deprecating, usually has something interesting to say. He's one of the few in Scottish football media who talks about refs the way most fans see it. And has in the past been a brilliant wind up merchant.

Completely agree, I wish more pundits would stop being so terrified of being censored for speaking up about the blatant cheating and corruption in Scottish football.

2 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I think it’s absolutely clear. If that happened against us there would be a 20 page thread on it. Unless of course we won the game and then there would be about 2 pages.

Completely agree, I wish more pundits would stop being so terrified of being censored for speaking up about the blatant cheating and corruption in Scottish football.

It's not a clear offside. It's marginal.