Sevco Thread

4 hours ago, pocrawred said:

Why are the SFA even pandering to the huns. Any other club that complained would be fined for questioning the referee's integrity. 

Even entertaining the huns complaint puts pressure on the referees. Any 50/50 decision in the future and the ref thinks not worth the hassle and sides with the huns. 

Blatant attempt to influence referees and future decisions. 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

No that's 2 talking points. One was the definite penalty we should of had the other was it then a yellow or red card mcgregor should of got, in my book it’s a red 

Huns repeatedly raising their hands, Taverniers two footer on Ojo, Kamaras tackle….

There’s another 3

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Millertime said:

So, what, 1 point then?

A fairly significant point albeit.

The bold Richard Foster made that point on Sportsound earlier, noting that if this 8 point letter details matters that also may have angered the home side, then fair play. The contents seem to have been second guessed or leaked to some of the tabloid press, and assuming they’re correct, then those matters may have been selectively omitted.

That would be disappointing if true.They seem to have lost their way as a clubif truth be told. More paranoia than their friends from the East End which takes some doing.

if I understand correctly, they’re looking for VAR, and I’d agree with that IF we can avoid what it has become in England. That would have resulted in a Dandies penalty.

2 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

The bold Richard Foster made that point on Sportsound earlier, noting that if this 8 point letter details matters that also may have angered the home side, then fair play. The contents seem to have been second guessed or leaked to some of the tabloid press, and assuming they’re correct, then those matters may have been selectively omitted.

That would be disappointing if true.They seem to have lost their way as a clubif truth be told. More paranoia than their friends from the East End which takes some doing.

if I understand correctly, they’re looking for VAR, and I’d agree with that IF we can avoid what it has become in England. That would have resulted in a Dandies penalty.

Would it? I’m not so sure. It’d be the same cheating hun bastards manning the VAR as ref the games 

Ach it's a game of fitba. Both teams had some tasty tackles.  No complaints on that front.

The only real controversial points were the McGregor tackle on Hedges, the Hayes elbow and the Kent second yellow. 

By far the biggest one was the Hedges one which was a foul for sure. Which would have meant the Huns wouldn't have gone up the pitch and scored as we would have had a penalty. 

On the flipside Jonny got away with one really. 

And Kent was stupid and got sucked in by Brown. A pretty soft second yellow. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, NEM said:

Would it? I’m not so sure. It’d be the same cheating hun bastards manning the VAR as ref the games 

A whole new industry would be formed. Whatever the video equivalent of photoshop (showing my age) would be created and mobilised to quickly justify decisions for the establishment pair. I can visualise the 5 minute delays as a leg or arm is drawn into the footage.

think of the jobs it would create!

joking aside, I think on balance it would help.

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ach it's a game of fitba. Both teams had some tasty tackles.  No complaints on that front.

The only real controversial points were the McGregor tackle on Hedges, the Hayes elbow and the Kent second yellow. 

By far the biggest one was the Hedges one which was a foul for sure. Which would have meant the Huns wouldn't have gone up the pitch and scored as we would have had a penalty. 

On the flipside Jonny got away with one really. 

And Kent was stupid and got sucked in by Brown. A pretty soft second yellow. 

Spot on, and in fairness straight after the game the new Rangers manager was fairly even handed about it.
It’s probably more that chap, the Loving Cup fella in charge, the CEO, that is playing to the galleries.

8 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

I think VAR will make things worse. It will give the neutral, ahem, officials a second chance to arrive at the wrong decision. 

“It’s Brother Beaton in VAR here. Brother Madden could you go to the pitch-side monitor and award us a penalty please”.”Aye, ok. No problem”

1 minute ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

A whole new industry would be formed. Whatever the video equivalent of photoshop (showing my age) would be created and mobilised to quickly justify decisions for the establishment pair. I can visualise the 5 minute delays as a leg is drawn into the footage.

think of the jobs it would create!

joking aside, I think on balance it would help.

10 minutes ago, NEM said:

Exactly. The corrupt cunt would be faceless instead of on the pitch. If anything it'll be fucking worse imo.

8 minutes ago, Itsagoal said:

I think VAR will make things worse. It will give the neutral, ahem, officials a second chance to arrive at the wrong decision. 

“It’s Brother Beaton in VAR here. Brother Madden could you go to the pitch-side monitor and award us a penalty please”.”Aye, ok. No problem”

I assume you meant this in jest.

There's no hiding place with VAR and if done properly the officials will have to cut out the decisions which seem 'biased'.

1 minute ago, King Street Loon said:

I assume you meant this in jest.

There's no hiding place with VAR and if done properly the officials will have to cut out the decisions which seem 'biased'.

We’d have had a penalty in the 1st half..….. but our 2nd penalty might’ve been disallowed for a push by Ferguson on Barisic that meant he had a free header towards goal, which went onto Harvey Price’s arm. 

It’ll go for & against you, but it should lessen big mistakes by these incompetent cunts. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We’d have had a penalty in the 1st half..….. but our 2nd penalty might’ve been disallowed for a push by Ferguson on Barisic that meant he had a free header towards goal, which went onto Harvey Price’s arm. 

It’ll go for & against you, but it should lessen big mistakes by these incompetent cunts. 

Agreed.

Would also have potentially meant Fergie would've had to retake his pen.