Sevco Thread

7 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Entirely fiction from the second paragraph onwards.

For starters, the use of the word godfather in summarising a staunch protestant's "achievements", purely attained through blatant cheating and not through capability, is highly dubious, considering the Don was a cafflick. 

Secondly, the now-extinct reptiles beat Leeds United at Elland Road in 1992, nearly 6 years after Alexander Chapman Ferguson departed Aberdeen to go to a lesser club in England. 

Thirdly, I very much doubt he would have been allowed to enter the away dressing room at Elland Road, never mind joining in singing The Sash, No Surrender, etc. after their win, considering how vilified he was at RFC simply because he married a cafflick, hence the reason he left to go to Falkirk.

If he actually said that on the documentary which I doubt (why any genuine Aberdeen supporter would want to watch that programme beggars belief), I think senility has crept into old Alex's brain, again though this is very doubtful. 

You are a waste of storage space on this forum, MT. 

Unless he lied on camera, it happened

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I could imagine Ferguson going into the away dressing room in Leeds in i2.

Big rivalry between Leeds and Man Utd as well remember.

I can also imagine Fergie joining in with a chorus of “Championays, championays, oh way oh way oh way”

I can’t imagine Fergie singing any religious and sectarian bile though

Who mentioned sectarian or religious bile?

Not me

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I think some should watch Fergie’s Never give in documentary.

Theres a brilliant bit in there where he admits he wanted to stick it to OldCo

There was a very interesting quote from him in that documentary too about rangers 

Can't remember it annoyingly, but it would have made your heart break

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I think some should watch Fergie’s Never give in documentary.

Theres a brilliant bit in there where he admits he wanted to stick it to OldCo

Rewatching it now

Strachan has just said that Ferguson wanted to beat Rangers more than anyone

That is because he had a grudge against them for the way they treated him and his wife 

So, basically that's what started it all 

And why you all, 40 years later still let them consume you all 

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Rewatching it now

Strachan has just said that Ferguson wanted to beat Rangers more than anyone

That is because he had a grudge against them for the way they treated him and his wife 

So, basically that's what started it all 

And why you all, 40 years later still let them consume you all 

Watch it more and wait for the Fergie bit

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Right found out

Interviewer asked him, what was more important, being seen as the best team in Scotland or beating rangers

His answer?

Beating rangers 

Now,  I understand why he said it, as he was scorned by them

But you lot?

Yes, us lot hate your lot.

It’s not surprising that you come out of the woodwork when there appears to be some decent news for SevCo that will go towards SDi’s settlement in June

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Right found out

Interviewer asked him, what was more important, being seen as the best team in Scotland or beating rangers

His answer?

Beating rangers 

Now,  I understand why he said it, as he was scorned by them

But you lot?

Aberdeen fans & Club have always been scorned & ridiculed by them. A real Aberdeen fan would understand this where as a real hun sympathiser such as yourself wouldn’t.

You probably sit with your hun mates & ridicule Aberdeen (the club you pretend to support) even more so than your Hun mates just to fit in 

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Aberdeen fans & Club have always been scorned & ridiculed by them. A real Aberdeen fan would understand this where as a real hun sympathiser such as yourself wouldn’t.

You probably sit with your hun mates & ridicule Aberdeen (the club you pretend to support) even more so than your Hun mates just to fit in 

When did the actual "rivalry" with them start, properly?

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Thats exactly what he said 

Beating rangers was more important than being the best team in the country 

Same embarrassing crap the majority on here say!

Your still missing a bit. Why can’t you force yourself to say it?

The only thing I could think of was that…….I wanted this to be the moment….. when we…… set ourselves up as the best team Scotland ever had.

In all honesty, was it about being the best team in Scotland or was it about hammering Rangers?

I think it probably was about beating Rangers

This is my moment I say right, you’re gonna get it.

I wanted to put the knife in them. I think it was that really

13 minutes ago, Fridge said:

Possibly when one of the Hun bastards stamped on one of our players throats and could have killed him 

Hated them before that but this incident made many realise what a blight on society the rabid huns were. Their Death was celebrated throughout the human race.

• Upvote 4
44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hated them before that but this incident made many realise what a blight on society the rabid huns were. Their Death was celebrated throughout the human race.

Yeah that just about sums it up for me. Hated the fuckers since I first got into football, usually from viewing their behaviour 1st hand at Pittodrie, and from the odd trip to Glasgow in the 70s. The way they smashed up various cities; Barcelona in 72, Birmingham in 76 etc etc

But that incident took it to a new level 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye the games in the second half of the seventies kicked it off. The stamping incident and the one that got Rougvie sent off. 

But once Fergie came in with his hatred of them it reached epic proportions which peaked just after he left during the Durrant diving incident. 

So to be fair, there was a simmering hatred pre Fergie and it amplified with him here?

• Haha 1