Sevco Thread

12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Generally speaking that's not true nowadays. If you become functionally unable to swallow food for whatever reason, you will be offered a "PEG" (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy)..... essentially a hole through the abdominal wall into the stomach through which a small catheter is passed allowing for liquid nutrition and adequate hydration to be maintained. However in a small number of cases the patient's condition might be already too poor for this relatively minor operation to be an option. And a few do actively choose to refuse it for whatever personal reason. 

Mother and father both died of "cancer" but lying on a bed not eating anything for a couple of months to me means they actually just starved to death. 

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Depends on why they're on the morphine and how long they've been on it. 

If you have an emergency operation, say for a twisted bowel....and you weren't on morphine for another pre-existing condition........you'll be prescribed diamorphine injections (or a continuous infusion of it) for post-op pain for a few days. It'll certainly space you out as well as relieving your pain as you aren't used to it.

But if you have a long term condition....not even necessarily one that's rapidly terminal....you may have been on "opioid" medications for months or years. For example rheumatoid arthritis where the sufferer is allergic to the usual treatment of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatories. Co-codamol that you can buy out the chemists is the weakest opioid...you might then need to move on to prescription only co-cocamol (Tylex you might know this as) ....where the dosage of codeine in each tablet is nearly 4 times that of the over the counter version. You'll certainly be addicted after a few weeks and you might eventually need to go on to dihydrocodeine (DF118 you might know it as) which is essentially double strength codeine. Beyond this you could go onto oxycodone which is a controlled drug or maybe onto morphine itself...you'll start on smallish doses but because of your previous opioid use you won't be spaced out as a completely new opioid user would.

However if you have a rapidly progressing cancer, you might need higher and higher doses over a shortish timescale to get an analgesic effect and even at some point this would take it's toll and leave you spaced out. Not necessarily a bad thing in the end stages of  a terminal illness, although the premise of terminal analgesia is to only use a sufficient dose as to relieve the pain without causing sedation or "spacing out". But often far easier in theory than it is to achieve in practice

Honourable mention to Fentanyl and Ketamine!

always thought it strange how everyone sees insects when hallucinating on opiates.

why insects. Better than Huns I suppose 

On 6/3/2022 at 11:51 PM, Ten Caat said:

Radiotherapy alone isn't anything other than palliative. It might shrink the tumour just enough that he might be able to swallow something ....liquids at best....that may make the short time he has left slightly more bearable. Of course it comes with its own drawbacks and is never a pleasant experience. But the cancer he has is brutal and I'd probably agree with his oncologist that for him it's the right thing to do. 

He'll already be on hefty doses of morphine and the dosage will increase as his time draws to a close. In many cases it's actually the morphine that kills the patient rather than the cancer. It's not considered euthanasia as the dosage can be justified as it's needed to relieve the pain....you get addicted rapidly and as with all addicts you need more and more to get the correct effect.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:58 PM, Sooper-hanz said:

Im certain that's how my old man passed away. Without being too graphic his final breaths he kind of sat up, looked really scared and then just 'went'.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:58 PM, Sooper-hanz said:

Im certain that's how my old man passed away. Without being too graphic his final breaths he kind of satup, looked really scared and then just 'went'.

Rings true for me too, last year with my Mum. I've definatley wondered a few times since then if it was the final larger dose from the Doctor ( 100 % the right thing to do & encouraged by myself )  He did say he'd be surprised if she woke up.

2 hours ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

So the huns septic & diet huns are entering the lowland leauge. Our game really is a waste of time, money & emotion.

Huns and Celtic have been in it for a year already.

Can't progress out of it if they win it

Yet....

Once their big teams find another league to join, you can bet your bottom dollar that rule will be revoked almost instantaneously

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Yet....

Once their big teams find another league to join, you can bet your bottom dollar that rule will be revoked almost instantaneously

Won't take that long. 

Once one of them actually manages to win it they'll say the level is too low. 

The only thing that saved us from a summer of that pish was the runaway winner in that division. 

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Yet....

Fair enough but it still stinks min

5 hours ago, pocrawred said:

I work a lot with and within the parameters of competition law and anti-competitive practices, and this is serious with guilty parties having potential fines of up to 10% of turnover.   Sevco have not yet been found guilty, however two of the three parties charged with conspiring to fix prices have admitted doing so in an attempt to reduce any fines etc.    Lets see how the cheating club, who now cheat their own fans through price fixing wriggle their way out of this one.  

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Lets see how the cheating club, who now cheat their own fans through price fixing wriggle their way out of this one.  

Far as their fans are concerned, they won't have to.

Coverage of this story on Rangers Media is centring around how the media reporting it at all is a shadowy conspiracy to cover up something about Celtic and paedophilia.

Folk could be forgiven for thinking that's me at the absurdist satire again but I am literally not joking. ?

On 6/7/2022 at 4:18 PM, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Joking apart for the occasional purveyor of hun media for the shits and giggles the paedo thing is fucking mental like. Totally out of control.

It is positively creepy mate.

< Company admits to price-fixing on fitba gear with connivance of the club... >

Normal fan : Fuck, the club screwed us over. Disappointing - wonder if they'll offer a refund?

Rangers fan : Paedophilia.

WTF ?

• Like 1
On 6/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, Just Dandy said:

Far as their fans are concerned, they won't have to.

Coverage of this story on Rangers Media is centring around how the media reporting it at all is a shadowy conspiracy to cover up something about Celtic and paedophilia.

Folk could be forgiven for thinking that's me at the absurdist satire again but I am literally not joking. ?

The level of insanity in their average supporters are quite remarkable.

Yes the morons on Rangers Media are their most extreme zoomers, but if you listen to their more "intelligent" fans their heads are full of absolute shite as well, only they have the sense to try and hide it better.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Helmet said:

What a clown Gove is. As if any of these Tory boys know a single thing about Scottish football- he's just saying whatever he thinks will win a few votes from thickos.

spacer.png

Rather listen to Pob, made far more sense to me.

• Haha 6

fuckin ace this 

"Scum bastards" ?

"bet nothing will be done about it" ?

Honestly fucking hate Huns min. Hope they are totally alienated and wiped from following Scotland. Absolute and utter moon howling, reptilian idiots. 

The amount of them who want Scotland to lose because Steve Clarke mugged them off once and dared to call out the sectarian abuse he got at Ibrox, hilarious. 

Capable only of monolithic thought. Like a really stupid hive mind. 

#StandFreeShayLogan

Funny AF seeing the government sookin the cocks of the Sevconian Orcs to make sure they fully stay onside for Indy ref2 ? like those single track minded morons need any extra encouragement to support the Tories & rule Britannia & hate wee jimmy Krankie ?

Amazing how so many Aberdeen (& other teams fans other that hearts cunts) will so willingly join in with this company too.

Even if I was completely against independence for Scotland I couldn’t possibly join their side in support of continued union. 

Independence would rid them of have their songs as well ?

Would also love to see a Scottish government in full control just to massively crack down on all their bigoted bile as well. 

On 6/10/2022 at 12:28 PM, Helmet said:

What a clown Gove is. As if any of these Tory boys know a single thing about Scottish football- he's just saying whatever he thinks will win a few votes from thickos.

Fucking weasel is meant to be an Aberdeen fan too. Rat 

4 hours ago, CCB III said:

fuckin ace this 

"Scum bastards" ?

"bet nothing will be done about it" ?

Honestly fucking hate Huns min. Hope they are totally alienated and wiped from following Scotland. Absolute and utter moon howling, reptilian idiots. 

The amount of them who want Scotland to lose because Steve Clarke mugged them off once and dared to call out the sectarian abuse he got at Ibrox, hilarious. 

Capable only of monolithic thought. Like a really stupid hive mind. 

#StandFreeShayLogan

what they singing ?