Sevco Thread

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

6 million massively assists them.

Annoyingly.

Agreed.   But on the upside ,he was a decent player for them and hopefully won't be easy to replace cheaply.

And some huns get annoyed that their better players jump ship to clubs like Southampton (who they see as smaller and inferior) at the first opportunity.

10 minutes ago, redone said:

Agreed.   But on the upside ,he was a decent player for them and hopefully won't be easy to replace cheaply.

And some huns get annoyed that their better players jump ship to clubs like Southampton (who they see as smaller and inferior) at the first opportunity.

I don’t think was that good. 
Just that ‘he mattered’ 

8 minutes ago, Poodler said:

That tennis boy Kyrgios would be a hun player if he played fitba. He’s 100% of that mould, like yer Kent’s etc. 

(Though he’s a lol annoying posh folk)

Kyrgios is a bellend and up for assault against his last girlfriend.

18 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

If my memory serves, Goram's peak was arguably the 1992-93 and 1993-94 seasons. During Willie Miller's first two seasons in charge, we had one of the best teams in our history and played some of our best football ever (and yes, that includes the Fergie era). We battered Rangers for two years solid and much as it pained/pains me to say, he was often the only difference (besides the par for the course that is Masonic refereeing) between us and several trophies, including both league titles. 

It's a travesty that we won nothing in those two seasons and that is what caused Miller, by his own admission, to panic and rip up the team with the intention of completely rebuilding overnight. In truth, we just missed out against one hell of a Hun contingent, one that was unbeaten in Europe in 1993 and 1 point away from the Champions League final. He may have been a Hun minker, but I can't deny Goram was one hell of a keeper in his prime.

There a mid week game at Pittodrie think it must have been then when we absolutely destroyed them, fuck knows how many he saved. One went through his legs and he fell back and sat in the ball. Think everyone knew that night nothing was getting passed the fat Hun.

6 hours ago, Fridge said:

There a mid week game at Pittodrie think it must have been then when we absolutely destroyed them, fuck knows how many he saved. One went through his legs and he fell back and sat in the ball. Think everyone knew that night nothing was getting passed the fat Hun.

Yes, I remember my grandad said after that game, that Goram was "just world class" and the only reason they sneaked a single goal win. It pains me to say it, but yes if it wasn't for him, we'd have likely won at least a couple of trophies during his time at Ibronx.

That said, hopefully the GOAT accolades will die down soon. While it's true he may have hit a higher peak than Leighton, he was only there for a few years, whilst Leighton's longevity speaks for itself. He had the equivalent of that Goram performance when he almost single-handedly beat Sweden en route to the 1998 World Cup, at the age of 38. He certainly deserved his place at the WC after it (arguably should have got the nod in 1996 as well).

9 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Yes, I remember my grandad said after that game, that Goram was "just world class" and the only reason they sneaked a single goal win. It pains me to say it, but yes if it wasn't for him, we'd have likely won at least a couple of trophies during his time at Ibronx.

That said, hopefully the GOAT accolades will die down soon. While it's true he may have hit a higher peak than Leighton, he was only there for a few years, whilst Leighton's longevity speaks for itself. He had the equivalent of that Goram performance when he almost single-handedly beat Sweden en route to the 1998 World Cup, at the age of 38. He certainly deserved his place at the WC after it (arguably should have got the nod in 1996 as well).

Goram hit a higher peak than Leighton ?

When did he win European titles?

58 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Wouldn't have swapped Leighton in his first stint with us for Goram at any point in his career

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I've reminded a few Huns down here that Leighton was a better keeper. I'd have Goram on a par with McGregor tbh and Craig Gordon above the pair of them ( but below Jimbo)

Craig Gordon couldn't lace Goram or McGregor's boots. That is a fact in my opinion. 

No fan of either of the two ex Sevco keepers but for me both miles better than Gordon.

• Haha 2
Guest findlay_1903
5 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Craig Gordon couldn't lace Goram or McGregor's boots. That is a fact in my opinion. 

No fan of either of the two ex Sevco keepers but for me both miles better than Gordon.

Put the crack pipe down. 

9 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

That is a fact in my opinion.

It's a fact that it's your opinion. But it's just your opinion that it's a fact.

I mean what you're saying is that in your opinion, your opinion is fact. But the fact is that in our opinion, your opinion's just your opinion, in fact.

Fact. ?

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Dumbest thing you have ever said and that’s saying something