Sevco Thread

3 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

Are you new to Scottish Football?

Fair point although there was a time not that long ago (2018 actually) when we actually finished above Sevco in the league for the second season in a row. In the 4 short years since we are now as far away from them as we ever were in their EBT years.

As I said good old Scottish football. 

Just now, Reed or deed said:

It’s not just scottish football that suffers this rotten bastard phenomenon.

True. Though we are definitely at the top end of the rotten bastard phenomenon with only 2 teams winning the league since 1985. I can't think of any other league in europe where the league title has been shared between only two clubs in the last 37 years. 

3 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

True. Though we are definitely at the top end of the rotten bastard phenomenon with only 2 teams winning the league since 1985. I can't think of any other league in europe where the league title has been shared between only two clubs in the last 37 years. 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/worlds-smallest-football-league-features-27178057.amp

I wonder if that useless cunt Doncaster can negotiate a better deal than this league? 

18 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

It’s an absolute sickening farce of the highest order.

8 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

It’s an absolute sickening farce of the highest order.

It is but Aberdeen have been as complicent in this happening,. We were involved in setting up a cartel SPL,  we were guilty of not changing voting structure, our club rep was on the board that appointef Shithouse Doncaster, the litteny of guilt stretches to all clubs, SFA and media, 

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

The depressing this is looking at the huns subs bench tonight (and taking into account the players that are unavailable for them tonight) it dawns on you that their second string XI would be favoured to beat our first choice one either home or away....and everyone else's first choice XI in the league too barring Celtic. 

Good old Scottish football eh? 

Here's a novel idea then

Why don't we absolutely maximise our potential

If we do and we are still miles off them,  then we can bemoan "Scottish football"

55 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Fair point although there was a time not that long ago (2018 actually) when we actually finished above Sevco in the league for the second season in a row. In the 4 short years since we are now as far away from them as we ever were in their EBT years.

As I said good old Scottish football. 

Well,  yeah

We sacked the last guy to take us above them (twice) because we thought he wasn't doing well enough

Remember?

39 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

The most remarkable aspect of all is absolutely no media discussion of this problem at all. nothing.

And nothing from the chairmen of the clubs either.

Or from the SFA or SPFL.

Everyone is entirely happy with a duopoly continuing into the future for Scottish Football- complete acceptance that our sport is completely uncompetitive - dying in the ditch as a result.

In fact it's so ingrained that when BBC Scotland recently published a news article about how to make Scottish football more competitive the tone was more like a satirical or spoof piece which ultimately looked to drive home the idea that's it's impossible to challenge the duopoly and we shouldn't even discuss trying. Mind blowing stuff from them and says an awful awful lot about the BBC Scotland sports leaders/editors.

4 minutes ago, Helmet said:

The most remarkable aspect of all is absolutely no media discussion of this problem at all. nothing.

Or from the SFA or SPFL.

Everyone is entirely happy with a duopoly continuing into the future for Scottish Football- complete acceptance that our sport is completely uncompetitive - dying in the ditch as a result.

In fact it's so ingrained that when BBC Scotland recently published a news article about how to make Scottish football more competitive the tone was more like a satirical or spoof piece which ultimately looked to drive home the idea that's it's impossible to challenge the duopoly and we shouldn't even discuss trying. Mind blowing stuff from them and says an awful awful lot about the BBC Scotland sports leaders/editors.

I don’t get why you think that’s remarkable.  We have the game they built and you paid for.

7 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Or from the SFA or SPFL.

Get a collective together and picket the SFA headquarters, demand change!
I'll sign a petition.