Sevco Thread

5 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

For the record i blame Scottish people for not being independent.

My hun opinion and old Scottish Brits remains too.

They are holding us back.

I blame westminster for Brexit.

And who else would you blame for Brexit other than Westminster since we DEMOCRATICALLY (haha), voted against Brexit?

I'm not anti-English. I'm pro Scottish.I want us to be governed by our own parliament like every other country on earth.

That's something unionists can't seem to comprehend.

This idea that we will be over-run by Europe is garbage. There's plenty of agreements/treaties/memberships around the world where policies/rules/trading agenda is governed by bodies.

Umm, Wales?

19 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Umm, Wales?

Agree - though I’m sure some Welsh would not. Many countries have ceased to exist or amalgamated into larger nation states. You can start with Germany or even England but lots of others about the place. Countries just sow division and inefficiency. People are fond of labels and flags that make them feel different and special… sadly that’s not where it stops. 

7 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Agree - though I’m sure some Welsh would not. Many countries have ceased to exist or amalgamated into larger nation states. You can start with Germany or even England but lots of others about the place. Countries just sow division and inefficiency. People are fond of labels and flags that make them feel different and special… sadly that’s not where it stops. 

Germany itself is not a very good example as it was an amalgamation of Germanic states and principalities.  So it was a bringing together of the Germanic people - creating one state for a country rather than taking a country over. 

A better example would be Germany marching into France and saying fuck your French language and French culture,  start speaking German and embrace German nationalism. 

11 hours ago, Crossbow said:

Interesting - the Tory fuck ups or equivalent in charge of European parliament at present and have been for quite a while and Scotland if permitted to enter would have little or no sway there - less important than Slovakia - but maybe we enjoy being irrelevant and having someone else to blame. Westminster is what we call it when we don't like to say England. They are "the enemy and the cause of all ills" - Nationalism always needs an enemy (a neighbour or ethnic group being favoured) to blame for the nations woes and who if they could only eliminate would end up in their own version of sugarcandy mountain. 

Agree however that the EU is a good idea because of the reasons you give - the reasons also apply to the UK - freedom of movement and trade - common currency etc but wouldn't if we left or hadn't that figured.

We have classy buildings (and slums) as does London and Londons wealth is crucial in supporting the rest of the UK - Scotland can of course stand alone as an independent country but it will be, in my opinion, far poorer as a nation state on the fringe of Europe with either its own weak currency or someone elses (the pound sterling or the Euro - like central and South America relying on the US dollar).  The idea that the Tories are holding back Scottish wealth making is a laughable concept - they like money and getting in on the action. 

If you are in favour of the EU as a cluster of nation states giving up sovereign rights for harmony and mutual benefit but accepting that Brussels (the term used by the Brexiteers in the same way as the Nats use Westminster - a lovely irony) has the right to overrule your courts and change your laws then that's fine - I don't have a problem with that idea as the benefit of being part of something bigger outstrips that but then that argument applies just as strongly with the rest of the UK - our major export environment. Leaving the EU I see as a mistake - making the same mistake twice would be disappointing. Joining the EU is far from guaranteed as well but I'm sure if we didn't we could organise a trade agreement with them and the UK and not have any border disputes or issues because that never happens.

Recognise that nationhood is like religion and is just as dangerous - it only exists in the minds of humans and humans are basically the same the world over - a nasty divisive lot held together by generally agreed laws - countries aren't real except in peoples minds and certainly not worth living or dying over. I'd abolish countries and religions if I could - the fewer countries and religions the better - much less to fight and die needlessly over. One world, happy to be suitably federal. Lennon (John) had it right. 

Quite what this is doing on the huns page I have no idea.

Good post hence it has no place on here.  If I could make one addition (in bold) Id argue its held together by generally agreed laws and principles.  Laws are just a written statute to be made, amended, broken and punished as people see fit.  Its the underlying principles beneath the laws that people generally accept that generally bind us together.  I say generally as you'll inevitably have areas of diversity where there will always be differences.  

13 hours ago, Joe pike said:

A seriously fucked up post.

1/ Sturgeon wants to stop any further oil and gas production.

2/We would certainly travel freely in Europe but equally so thousands of migrants would pour in under freedom of movement.

3/We would be free of Westminster but under the control of the EU parliamiant 

4/As for the stupid suggestion about buildings the SNP built that monstrosity at Holyrood at hundreds of millions over budget.

I assume you are referring to the EU migrants that picked our fruit and veg worked in our factories and hospitals and paid taxes.

Yup fuck them . I’m glad to see the back of those fuckers. Contributed absolutely fuck all. Much better off without them.

5 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I assume you are referring to the EU migrants that picked our fruit and veg worked in our factories and hospitals and paid taxes.

Yup fuck them . I’m glad to see the back of those fuckers. Contributed absolutely fuck all. Much better off without them.

A post of yours i like ?

They do a lot of the jobs that our own lazy benefit scroungers wont get out of bed for ot think are below them. i'd happily do a swap deal.

9 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

6 million EU migrants applied to stay in the UK after Brexit 

This was 3 million more than the total believed to be here..

There needs to be some control.

13 hours ago, Joe pike said:

A seriously fucked up post.

1/ Sturgeon wants to stop any further oil and gas production.

2/We would certainly travel freely in Europe but equally so thousands of migrants would pour in under freedom of movement.

3/We would be free of Westminster but under the control of the EU parliamiant 

4/As for the stupid suggestion about buildings the SNP built that monstrosity at Holyrood at hundreds of millions over budget.

Your first 3 points may have some merit to them. Although I do suspect that if there was to be a sudden influx of migrants, that most would be here very short term, and actually would really be aiming to fuck off to England (and the London area in particular) over a conveniently open border sharpish.

However your 4th point is just fucking nonsense. The Holyrood building was commenced under a UK Labour administration in 1999, as well as a Scottish Labour minority "Scottish Executive"...those cunts didn't want the Scottish people to get any ideas above their station by referring to the party in power at Holyrood as being a government. As you say, it did come in massively over budget (something like 10 times the initial estimate), opening in 2004 again under Labour administrations in both Westminster and Holyrood. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Joe pike said:

6 million EU migrants applied to stay in the UK after Brexit 

This was 3 million more than the total believed to be here..

There needs to be some control.

Seriously that’s your response?

Straight out of the Tory Manifesto.

The answer is in the applied to stay bit.

Its not an automatic right. No country has unfettered freedom of movement.

That’s just Tory propaganda. Remember them scaring the ill informed with the threat of millions of Turks if we stayed in the Eu.

Jesus was there no end to their duplicity!

Its a shitshow that has just been made 10 times worse by Brexit made even more enfuriating that Scotland I would imagine is the Home Country most affected by this nonsense and we didn’t even feckin vote for it !

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Your first 3 points may have some merit to them. Although I do suspect that if there was to be a sudden influx of migrants, that most would be here very short term, and actually would really be aiming to fuck off to England (and the London area in particular) over a conveniently open border sharpish.

However your 4th point is just fucking nonsense. The Holyrood building was commenced under a UK Labour administration in 1999, as well as a Scottish Labour minority "Scottish Executive"...those cunts didn't want the Scottish people to get any ideas above their station by referring to the party in power at Holyrood as being a government. As you say, it did come in massively over budget (something like 10 times the initial estimate), opening in 2004 again under Labour administrations in both Westminster and Holyrood. 

Aye.

He’s one of these shameless, north east Tory cunts, coming out with that shite. 

Andrew Bowieesque 

• Upvote 1

Always amusing how the anti immigration mob get themselves in a tiz throwing around numbers with no thought out into it.

People leave the Uk all the time- we don't want the population to decrease as that will fuck the economy so we at least need people to migrate here to balance out people migrating away.

The 3 or 6 million EU migrants figure isn't 3 million new people turning up on the doorstep despite how some tabloids might want to imply. Some of these people have likely been here for years, maybe even decades.

Funny but the xenophobes don't seem to realise reducing EU migrants (educated, white, with similar values) inevitably means more Indians, Pakistani, East Asian and African migrants.

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Always amusing how the anti immigration mob get themselves in a tiz throwing around numbers with no thought out into it.

People leave the Uk all the time- we don't want the population to decrease as that will fuck the economy so we at least need people to migrate here to balance out people migrating away.

The 3 or 6 million EU migrants figure isn't 3 million new people turning up on the doorstep despite how some tabloids might want to imply. Some of these people have likely been here for years, maybe even decades.

Funny but the xenophobes don't seem to realise reducing EU migrants (educated, white, with similar values) inevitably means more Indians, Pakistani, East Asian and African migrants.

Net immigrations been running at circa 300k a year since the late 90’s…..

20 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Is there a countdown until they implode again? 5 years seems reasonable barring CL participation 

Been on the cards since they were formed, running up huge losses every year. Sadly the europa league runs and selling Bassey and Paterson have probably put the cunts on the soundest financial footing they’ve been in their miserable ten year existence ?

20 hours ago, Kilgore Trout said:

20 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

A post of yours i like ?

They do a lot of the jobs that our own lazy benefit scroungers wont get out of bed for ot think are below them. i'd happily do a swap deal.

@manboobs109 thought he was too good to do the old fruit picking during lockdown, even though he was pleading poverty.

Just plain lazy iyam. Was happy raking in the grants from the government and sitting on his arse smoking grass.