Rugby Union

OddJob

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

No he didn't?

He's South African and has played for Scotland since 2020.

My mistake, I picked it up wrong. Only qualified for Scotland because he'd lived here for 3 years though. Fuck all Scottish about him apart from his council tax bill.  Loads of cunts with French names playing for England, loads of Antipodeans playing for Scotland. It's a pretendy international sport, but always lovely to beat the guffs nonetheless.

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

My mistake, I picked it up wrong. Only qualified for Scotland because he'd lived here for 3 years though. Fuck all Scottish about him apart from his council tax bill.  Loads of cunts with French names playing for England, loads of Antipodeans playing for Scotland. It's a pretendy international sport, but always lovely to beat the guffs nonetheless.

I agree with that post yeah. Still enjoy the rugby, personally.

26 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

The sheep shaggers were the better team in the 1st half. We turned it on in the 2nd half courtesy of some quality play from Finn Russell.

Great watch 

For all their territory and possession we kept them at bay, a combination of dogged defence and Wales lacking ideas in crucial moments/areas.

Pleasing they only scored when we were down to 14.I understand why it was given, but it seemed a bit harsh as Welsh lad turned and dropped down a bit as tackle was coming in.

French game is huge, and a real marker of where we are.

On 2/12/2023 at 11:18 AM, For Fecks Sake said:

Aye was a fantastic game and the atmosphere was brilliant. Of course being able to drink over priced tins of Tennants lager during the game helps.

Scottish defence has massively come on and we look solid everywhere on the park.

Finn Russell, what a player and plays the game with a smile on his face.

I always think the atmosphere at Murrayfield, or any rugby game for that matter, is rather poor when compared to football - even though drinking is allowed at all rugby games.

Great game though, on to the next one in Paris then.

1 hour ago, sigh said:

I always think the atmosphere at Murrayfield, or any rugby game for that matter, is rather poor when compared to football - even though drinking is allowed at all rugby games.

Great game though, on to the next one in Paris then.

Agreed, very limited range of songs for Rugby as compared to football but still a cracking atmosphere at times.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 7:51 PM, For Fecks Sake said:

Was a decent game today and its been a good six nations for Scotland, however we can feel a little disappointed given the positive start we had.

Good and bad, as ever whilst watching Scotland.

Should have got more out of the France game, poor defending for 2, probably 3, tries from our SA winger, and starting from 19 points down didnt help - and our own poor game management on Sat meant that we were lucky to get the win and the bonus point.

A lot better than previous seasons though.

See what happens come the World Cup though, tough pool to get out of.

• Upvote 1

A positive 6 nations all round.

Terrific defence to keep Italy out in the last few minutes, then go the length of the park for the bp try.

Huge lessons to learn from the Ireland game, and if we could add the nous and composure they played with in the second half, we could have a great WC.

Even though we lost in France, to be anywhere near them going into the final quarter and after such an early red card is testament to the sides ability to hang in there.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

Was at Murrayfield on Sat, had the vibe of a pre season friendly, two second string teams up against each other, Darcy Graham stood out though and should have played himself into contention for the World Cup, apart from that nothing much else evident.

Next up is a home game against France, hoping both teams field strong teams and we get a decent game.

1 hour ago, sigh said:

Was at Murrayfield on Sat, had the vibe of a pre season friendly, two second string teams up against each other, Darcy Graham stood out though and should have played himself into contention for the World Cup, apart from that nothing much else evident.

Next up is a home game against France, hoping both teams field strong teams and we get a decent game.

There is no way a fit Darcy Graham is not going to the World Cup, he's world class.

Heading down to Edinburgh on Friday for the weekend and will be at the France game, like you hoping for stronger teams and more intense rugby.

• Upvote 1