Two Shots Carry...

Jonty

Rules I always play were two shots carry with colours on the table, shoot up or down, white ball in the D.

F4ck all your cushion pisch as well.

Well you're wrong, my rules are consistent with the actual rules of pool, there should be a copy of them somewhere on the wall in the Hawthorn.

If not, I'll take my own laminated copy.

Any disputes will be referred to that.

Well you're wrong, my rules are consistent with the actual rules of pool, there should be a copy of them somewhere on the wall in the Hawthorn.

If not, I'll take my own laminated copy.

Any disputes will be referred to that.

Nah you go with the rules of the pub you are playing in.

Winner stays on as well, eh Tup?

No two shots carry.

Pick up the white after a foul and place it anywhere behind the line.

Have to hit a cushion with cue ball or object ball every shot to prevent tippy tappy shit.

That's it.

That last one is ridiculous. What do you do if someone fails to hit the cushion? Two shots?

It's two shots carry, free ball after a foul, nominate last pocket and you always play the white from where it lies on the table.

That last one is ridiculous. What do you do if someone fails to hit the cushion? Two shots?

It's two shots carry, free ball after a foul, nominate last pocket and you always play the white from where it lies on the table.

Exactly

As RS says, World rules, apart from Hickville Wickville and Harcus's home island.

I haven't had a game of pool in fucking years.

I haven't been dicking around though, I've used that time to perfect my drinking skills.

Two shots carry seems a bit homo though. And by homo I mean you likely take it up the arse.

I'll have JD, btw..

I haven't had a game of pool in fucking years.

I haven't been dicking around though, I've used that time to perfect my drinking skills.

Two shots carry seems a bit homo though. And by homo I mean you likely take it up the arse.

I'll have JD, btw..

The last time I played Pool it was 10p a game. Who is the referee and will he be dressed like a MLBaseball gadgie?

Darts is the true sport in pub athletics, there's nae flukes happening in that game, it's just you against the dartboard.

Have a Wild Turkey Kelt.

The last time I played Pool it was 10p a game. Who is the referee and will he be dressed like a MLBaseball gadgie?

Darts is the true sport in pub athletics, there's nae flukes happening in that game, it's just you against the dartboard.

Have a Wild Turkey Kelt.

I have a bottle of Wild Turkey Honey Bourbon Liqueur sitting in the kitchen, waiting for me to dive in.

Interesting stuff, that.

Three sets of rules apply to pool:

Old rules

Two shots carry.

You do not move the white if it's still on the table.

When potted the cue ball is ONLY placed in the D and you must hit it away from the baulk cushion

If you pot an opponents ball (regardless if you pot your own) its a foul

You must nominate your pocket when on the black and that's your pocket until the end

no free balls. Ever.

If nothing potted on break you can go for any ball until one is potted.

New rules

Two shots don't carry

You do not move the the white if it's still on the table.

When potted the cue ball in ONLY placed in the D but can be hit in any direction.

If you pot an opponents ball with your own it's NO foul on the proviso your ball went in first

You get free balls on a foul shot.

First shot after the break (providing nothing is potted on the break) you must nominate your colour(or spot/stripe). That is yours for the game.

If on the break you pot one ball, that is your colour/denomination

If on the break you pot one of each, then you chose.

New new rules

Two shots don't carry.

Free ball on fouls

You can relocate cue ball behind baulk on foul shot

First shot after the break (providing nothing is potted on the break) you must nominate your colour(or spot/stripe). That is yours for the game.

Three sets of rules apply to pool:

Old rules

Two shots carry.

You do not move the white if it's still on the table.

When potted the cue ball is ONLY placed in the D and you must hit it away from the baulk cushion

If you pot an opponents ball (regardless if you pot your own) its a foul

You must nominate your pocket when on the black and that's your pocket until the end

no free balls. Ever.

If nothing potted on break you can go for any ball until one is potted.

New rules

Two shots don't carry

You do not move the the white if it's still on the table.

When potted the cue ball in ONLY placed in the D but can be hit in any direction.

If you pot an opponents ball with your own it's NO foul on the proviso your ball went in first

You get free balls on a foul shot.

If on the break you pot one of each, then you chose.

New new rules

Two shots don't carry.

Free ball on fouls

You can relocate cue ball behind baulk on foul shot

So there's gonnae be a bit of bother right enough then!

World 8-Ball Pool: Major Rules

The Break

The balls are racked as below:

the white is played from in-hand (any part of the area behind the baulk-line)

Fair or Foul Break?

• 4 balls must hit a cushion (or one be potted) otherwise it is a foul break
    = 2 visits + balls are re-racked and white is played from in-hand
  • if the white leaves the table it is a foul break (2 visits to opponent); ball is played from in-hand
  • if the white is potted, it is not a foul break: play passes to the opponent
  • if the 8-ball is potted, it is not a foul break: the balls are re-racked (same player to break from in-hand).

Which Colour?

• If nothing goes down on the break, play continues with the first legally potted ball deciding colours.
  • If one (or more) of both colours are potted on the break, the striker must nominate their choice of colours before playing the next shot (and colours are decided by this nomination)
  • If a ball or balls of a single colour are potted on the break, the striker must nominate colours:

• if they nominate the colour they have potted, they must simply hit that colour to be "on" the colour, i.e. a foul will result in Open Table.
  • if they nominate the other colour, they must now pot one of that colour for colours to be decided. If they fail to pot one, it is still Open Table, i.e. first legally potted ball decides colours.

After a Foul

• 2 visits (= 2 shots carry, even to the black)
  • if white is now in-hand, it is ok to play directly at a ball in baulk.
  • if partially snookered (free-ball as in snooker), can nominate (for the first shot following the foul only) an opponent's ball or the black as a free ball, which can be played and/or potted (if not the black!). The free ball does not have to be struck first. NB The free ball must be explicitly and specifically nominated. For example, you can't nominate one of your opponents balls and use it to pot another of his balls.
  • if partially snookered, can elect to move the white to baulk. Only gets a free ball now if still partially snookered (from all positions in baulk).

Jump Shot

A jump shot is a foul.

Ball off the Table

If a ball comes to rest off the bed of the table, it is a foul. The ball is replaced on the spot or as close to the centre of the spot away from baulk.

Deliberate Fouls

Deliberate fouls are not punished over and above the punishment for the foul itself (except for abusive fouls such as deliberately moving balls with the hand).

Push Shots and Touching Balls

• Push shots are not illegal per se. The rules say that a push shot is only illegal if the balls remain in contact long enough for the cue to be visibly pushing the white along, or if a double hit is seen. In practice this means that if the balls are close but not touching, the player can "jack up" and play the white, with a sharp stroke, directly into the object ball. Push shots and double hits, in the above sense, must be seen (not merely inferred) for a foul to be called.
  • In most situations, a player must play away from a touching ball (the exception occurs when the white is touching more than one object ball that is "on". In this case you only have to play away from one of them).

Potting Opponent's Ball

Always illegal except when you have a "free ball" following a foul and it is the nominated ball.

Best thread in ages:

- 2 shots most certainly do not carry (only bairns use this rule)

- Colour selection is done by first to pot a ball or if the breaker pots a ball off the break, breaker can nominate

- If the white is reset you can play up the table

- If the white is reset you can place it anywhere behind the line

- No push shots