Aberdeen's Worst Xi

13 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Charlie Allan?

Jamie Masson the new Jim Bett etc etc. 

Was a strange time.

I mind one game not long after that beckham label, we arrived for a 3pm Saturday game and he was just milling about in his dons tracksuit along the beachfront where we parked. About 14:30. Asked him why he wasn’t in the squad today. He didn’t know either. 

surprisingly bad attitude for a lightskin

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Aye him. He was abysmal. Who christened him the new Beckham? 

Thone obese abomination at the EE.

36 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

Duncan Davidson and Walker McCall were far worse than Ritchie

Ritchie was really bad. Equal in badness to Davidson, worse than McCall I'd say.

Duncan Davidson once kicked his own foot whjile passing up a chance in front of goal. ?

Still remember him pacing through on goal at the Beach End v Motherwell to finish off an 8-0 win in a midweek game.

As for McCall, fond memory of him scoring a brace in a 2-0 win at Celtic, the big lanky, curly haired galoot.

26 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Masson the new Bett. Payne the new Beckham. Mackie the new Owen. Bagshaw the new Rooney. And of course, Cammy Smith the new Bergkamp. 

Mackie the best career of them all.... never quite got the move to Real Madrid though

Cammy Smith won a trophy with his hometown club. 

He trumps the Dazzler.

A few other candidates

Jamie Winter.

Jim Hamilton.....fairly prolific scorer for just about every other Scottish team he played for.... but not for us

James Wilson.... high profile and cost (by our standards) .... mimimal return on on our investment

Ronnie Hernandez.....£800K .... a worryingly ineffective and incompetent debut and didn’t improve much after that

17 hours ago, shut up meg said:

Steve Ritchie (the really old fans will remember him), absolutely honking, made Winnie look like Maldini.

Scored in a cup final, and even then it was a fucking shite effort.

We were terrible in that final.  However, the lasting memory was that Steve Ritchie mis-kick turning the Girvan Shitehouse in to a long armed primate at an Indonesian rehabilitation center.  Making such an icon of the unwashed masses look so stupid in front of a massive TV audience keeps Ritchie well clear of any of my 'worst of' teams.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Was Paterson!

39 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Masson the new Bett. Payne the new Beckham. Mackie the new Owen. Bagshaw the new Rooney. And of course, Cammy Smith the new Bergkamp. 

Mackie the best career of them all.... never quite got the move to Real Madrid though

Masson and Cammy Smith were long after Paterson

12 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Ah, didnt realise you were talking about Paterson. I was just noting bizarre comparisons in general!

Someone asked who made the comparisons and I said Charlie Allan, MT said Paterson.

Don't think it could have been given he was managing Dufftown juniors at the time Smith and Masson were coming through.

Maybe Payne.

In reality, who care. I'm boring myself.

Up ih Dons.

McCall wasn't that bad, bizarre to think he was still in our squad when we faced Bayern in '83 (although he was sold IIRC to a Hong Kong side a few weeks later). I'm sure I once read that Fergie signed him because he was Dougie Bell's brother in law and Bell had asked Fergie if he could train with us in pre-season as a favour. Impressed so much that Fergie offered him a deal.

If Tom Jones gets a mention, then so must Gary Hackett, signed that same summer by Porterfield.

Steve Ritchie was an abomination of a player but the comedy goal in the Cup Final made up for a lot of his shortcomings.

I'm going to throw in Gregg Watson. As a young loon he was touted as being the next Willie Miller. And so he was. That Willie Miller being the one that played right back for Hibs....

14 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I dont know what McLennan does in training to be so bad not to be considered for a start but merits ten minutes at the end with zero expectations from anyone on him to do anything. 

If he starts tomorrow then i am seriously going to start questioning Goodwin.  Im near 50 and id turn in better performances.

35 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Jeffery Monakana was pish. Alan Tait -shite. Conor McLennan- I just don’t get it at all. 

I remember he tried to do a step over one game and fell over the ball. Hopeless.

Haven't seen anybody mention Miles Storey yet. Holder of the worst miss in AFC's history surely.

2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I remember he tried to do a step over one game and fell over the ball. Hopeless.

Haven't seen anybody mention Miles Storey yet. Holder of the worst miss in AFC's history surely.

Miles Storey! You forget about these players and then the mention of their names sends a chill down your spine . 
That miss was so bad the referee just gave us the goal anyway.