Aberdeen's Worst Xi

• 9 years later...

Was reading some comments about Jack Gurr and I wonder how history will remember his contribution?

His first 45 minutes against Raith was possibly the worst I've ever seen from an Aberdeen player.  There was a stark realisation that this lad had no business being involved with full-time level football in Scotland.  He looked like he'd won a competition to play a half of football for a professional team.

Scanning the last few pages of this thread, there are some players discussed, who were really poor for us... but were just going through a tough time at Aberdeen, poor form, end of their career, didn't fit it, or whatever... however there are a select band of players that clearly were miles out of their depth and you wonder how they ever made it through the door!  For examples, I'm thinking of guys like Bertrand Bossu and Thor Kristjansson... off the top of my head, they are two of the blatantly least able players I've ever seen pull on a Dons jersey.  Gurr, I think, has a claim to join that sort of company...

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Was reading some comments about Jack Gurr and I wonder how history will remember his contribution?

His first 45 minutes against Raith was possibly the worst I've ever seen from an Aberdeen player.  There was a stark realisation that this lad had no business being involved with full-time level football in Scotland.  He looked like he'd won a competition to play a half of football for a professional team.

Scanning the last few pages of this thread, there are some players discussed, who were really poor for us... but were just going through a tough time at Aberdeen, poor form, end of their career, didn't fit it, or whatever... however there are a select band of players that clearly were miles out of their depth and you wonder how they ever made it through the door!  For examples, I'm thinking of guys like Bertrand Bossu and Thor Kristjansson... off the top of my head, they are two of the blatantly least able players I've ever seen pull on a Dons jersey.  Gurr, I think, has a claim to join that sort of company...

Still maintain Mclennan v Killie first 45 mins in the cup game down at Rugby Park(the great escape game) is the worst i have seen. Only because you expect more from him.  I wasn't expecting much from Gurr or Gallagher who were both Dot Cotton.

Langfield

M.Ross  Ifil Vujadinovic Grassi 

Longstaff  Nwakali

Wylde                                    J Parker 

Chalali   Greg Stewart

Partly based off of contribution and just general ability. 

For example Greg Stewart is the best player there but the fat hun cunt was pony for us. 

Langfield won the League Cup and saved a couple of pens but cost us so often he can fuck himsel. 

8 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Fuck off, had to be Nicky butter shortbread fingers Walker in goal, anyone that remembers him in the 80s playing for huns, clad in trackie bottoms and flailing his arms and legs about like fucked hammers in a Marshall muckspreader 

There is no contest

THIS is why we should never move to Kingsford.

• Haha 2

Ifil still remains, in my opinion, as one of the wost player to play for the Dons first team. 

Followed closely by Adam Collin and/or Aaron Lennox. Collin looked completely lost in goals from what I remember, He looked like someone who was just plucked from the crowd to play. Lennox played 1 game I believe, the 4-0 drubbing from Ross County in the last game of the season

3 minutes ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

One of the best teams!!??? That just sums up how happy happy we are collectively as a support to accept utter garbage. Sickening. 

You realise you''re replying to a post made 9 (NINE) years ago? 

I agree though, he was here from 1997-2002, we were fucking terrible during those years

3 hours ago, CCB III said:

Langfield

M.Ross  Ifil Vujadinovic Grassi 

Longstaff  Nwakali

Wylde                                    J Parker 

Chalali   Greg Stewart

Partly based off of contribution and just general ability. 

For example Greg Stewart is the best player there but the fat hun cunt was pony for us. 

Langfield won the League Cup and saved a couple of pens but cost us so often he can fuck himsel. 

greg stewart ? wtf

collin

Gurr                 Bus          Ifil           Dan Smith

Forrester        Longstaff      Pepper

Uchechi      Maynard        Parker

Think id be right in saying that team amassed 0 goals and assists over their time at pittodrie. Maybe harsh on Longstaff being in there because there was a couple games he looked like he could kick a ball (unlike the rest), think maybe Ross county home he did some okay stuff, but with the pedigree he came with, he deserves to be in there.

Done this before but here we go.

1. Adam Collin

2. David Lilley

3. Jamie Mcquilken 

4. Dave Bus 

5. Jerel Ifil 

6. Chidi Nkwali

7. Gregg Wylde

8. Paul Marshall

9. Thor Krisjansson 

10. JET

11. Scott Muirhead

Subs

Bertie Bossu

Nige Pepper

Mike Newell

Laurent D'Jaffo

Gary Mcdonald

Mark Kerr (for giving it the fuck you to the South)

Jon Gallagher 

10 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

collin

Gurr                 Bus          Ifil           Dan Smith

Forrester        Longstaff      Pepper

Uchechi      Maynard        Parker

Think id be right in saying that team amassed 0 goals and assists over their time at pittodrie. Maybe harsh on Longstaff being in there because there was a couple games he looked like he could kick a ball (unlike the rest), think maybe Ross county home he did some okay stuff, but with the pedigree he came with, he deserves to be in there.

Swap the kid from Man City with Longstaff and you might be onto a winner there.