Aberdeen's Worst Xi

Objectively one of the worst is probably the ex-Celtic captain who had won many Scotland caps, Scottish young player and player of the year awards, won numerous league titles, Scottish cups, league cups and had many europa league and champions league appearances etc etc.

A terrible signing who had one or two good games and showed little leadership on the pitch, a disgrace considering his supposed pedigree.

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Objectively one of the worst is probably the ex-Celtic captain who had won many Scotland caps, Scottish young player and player of the year awards, won numerous league titles, Scottish cups, league cups and had many europa league and champions league appearances etc etc.

A terrible signing who had one or two good games and showed little leadership on the pitch, a disgrace considering his supposed pedigree.

Agree . it’s a completely different team if this is the thinking though , stevie May and Paul bernard would be starting.

8 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Agree . it’s a completely different team if this is the thinking though , stevie May and Paul bernard would be starting.

Both players looked superb before injuries. I would say May at least gave everything for us and run himself into the ground, a lot of the disappointments didn’t put in the effort I.e. Greg Stewart. Bernard ironically has a league cup to his name, wish we had seen more from him as he looked a real top player.

1 hour ago, shut up meg said:

Steve Ritchie (the really old fans will remember him), absolutely honking, made Winnie look like Maldini.

Scored in a cup final, and even then it was a fucking shite effort.

Watched that on the telly as a youngster and apart from that goal the main memory is for the first time seeing Clark selling the jersey in a cup final, but unfortunately not the last. I never understand the love in he gets among the support. If there was an overrated XI he'd be a shoe-in between the sticks. A Clark's Shoe-in even!

Difficult to just pick a single 11.

There are players who were just absolutely honking and should never have been near us. Guys like Gurr, Ifil, Bossu etc

Then there are players who had the ability but just didn’t give a shit like McNamara, Stewart, Brown etc

How do you say one player is worse than another when they are worse for different reasons? 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Nwakali Man City boy, got to be in the worst team, boy wasn’t a footballer, a charlatan that somehow persuaded Man City there was a player deep deep down.

Wouldn’t get in mine due to not playing enough but he’s as bad as I’ve seen. Faked an injury cause he was shit scared of Motherwell players. A piece of shit. 

I’ve never been one actually boo-ing one of our own players .... just shout at them for being pish when appropriate

But I made an exception for Nick Blackman.   He’s done enough elsewhere in his career to show that he wasn’t bothering his arse at all for us.  He genuinely deserved to be called a wage thief.

Guest milne_afc
14 minutes ago, redone said:

But I made an exception for Nick Blackman.   He’s done enough elsewhere in his career to show that he wasn’t bothering his arse at all for us.  He genuinely deserved to be called a wage thief.

If only there was some kind of clue ?

2 hours ago, redone said:

I’ve never been one actually boo-ing one of our own players .... just shout at them for being pish when appropriate

Maynard thought he was too big for scottish fitba. Didn’t bother his arse, stinking attitude. One of those who thought the spl is of a lower standard than league two and was immediately found out. 

there’s certainly a theme amongst. Ach, you know. 

7 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Paul Bernard are 1 million signing

Did fuck all during his time here

Most overated Dons player he was utter shite

I went to Pittodrie to watch us v Falkirk if I mind right.Think he scored with a peach of a chip.He looked a player alright, and barring injuries I think he could’ve been very decent for us.Sadly it wasn’t to be.

Guest milne_afc
19 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Gonzalez

He was fucking garbage. Never saved a single shot on target. Some idiot had a flag made for him too ? the silly cow