Aberdeen's Worst Xi

On 4/21/2022 at 7:49 PM, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Paul Bernard are 1 million signing

Did fuck all during his time here

Most overated Dons player he was utter shite

Spent more time in the Ministry and Bex Bar than at Pittodrie. Fair bit of time in the former on the dance floor, when out ‘injured’ 

utterly honking as a player. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

David Winnie was a decent enough player. He was a right ugly cunt a looked and bit unorthodox but was far from shite. 

I think he was signed as a centre half and ended up playing left back.

Not the worst,  just not very good.

Gary Dempsey, signed as an amateur and still overpaid.

On 4/23/2022 at 2:43 PM, ericblack4boss said:

I think Craig Robertson would get in everyone's side.

What about Colin Woodthorpe, David Winnie, Ricky Gillies, Nigel Pepper, Niclas Fabiano.

Ricky Gillies was tipped for big things. He had a few good options iirc. Never took off for him at all. Likewise Ray MacKinnon fae Forest. Shite. Fabiano came over with some other imposter from PSG? Utter shite

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Ricky Gillies was tipped for big things. He had a few good options iirc. Never took off for him at all. Likewise Ray MacKinnon fae Forest. Shite. Fabiano came over with some other imposter from PSG? Utter shite

Niclas Fabiano was dubbed " the great white hope" he was at Clairefontaine the French academy with Cisse,Trezeguet, and players of that era, guess which one didn't go on to be world class!?

Okay, I've looked this up.

He played for us 2 times as a sub and one start in successive defeats in 2004/2005.

Came on for Chris Clark v Celtic after 70 minutes.

Replaced Noel Whelan at 68 minutes v the Deady Bears.

Was subbed off after 59 minutes for John Stewart v Hearts.

A total of 101 minutes appearance time.

FFS he must have been absolutely horrendous to have played little over a whole game in total, and receive such a damning verdict. ?

40 minutes ago, Zeus said:

He was honestly like some boy that had won a competition to get a game. Extreme levels of bowff 

Bitty like some of those fans you get at half time of semis and finals in a shoot out but worse.

That was my point earlier in the convo…there are almost two categories. Some folk are highlighting players who were really disappointing for us, went through a really poor spell, or were shitebags, etc…

I was referring to players who were just genuinely terrible and probably only managed 1 or 2 appearances before they were bombed. Players who you are actually surprised that they even made it onto the pitch, or into the building. I reckon I could make an XI of players in that category - might be a summer topic.  IMO Gurr was at that level - he was absolutely hopeless and didn’t look like he had a clue what was going on.

On 4/22/2022 at 6:15 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Cobian, Bus, Ifil, McQuilken, Tate, Ian Robertson, Solberg, Ryan McLaughlin, Steve Ritchie, Jared Hodgkiss, Javan Vidal…. Need any more? ?

At least just about all these gadgies were found out as shite then binned out the team straight away. Its the ones who stay in the team for a full season while being utterly shite that hurt the most.... i.e Bates & Gallagher.

Solberg made plenty appearances though. I mind a game very early in the 01/02 season he got hooked at half time for being so shite. Not sure he ever played again