Cricket

4 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

68. ?

Best thing about this series has been how shit Stokes has been. The great English hope. Oh we can win now, Ben Stokes has come back to save us.

He's the least of our problems, clearly not fully fit but he tries and on his day is a match/series winner, it doesn't help when the rest are playing like utter pricks.

6 hours ago, minijc said:

He's the least of our problems, clearly not fully fit but he tries and on his day is a match/series winner, it doesn't help when the rest are playing like utter pricks.

Nah, he's a selfish prick. Should never have been allowed to just put his hand up and say he's ready to play now. Picking and choosing when he'll play. He's a Ryan Fraser type in attitude, I'll play when I can be arsed. Other guys working all year to try to get in the team only for this guy to be given a place when he's done the square root of fuck all.

12 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Nah, he's a selfish prick. Should never have been allowed to just put his hand up and say he's ready to play now. Picking and choosing when he'll play. He's a Ryan Fraser type in attitude, I'll play when I can be arsed. Other guys working all year to try to get in the team only for this guy to be given a place when he's done the square root of fuck all.

He was struggling mentally and felt he was in a better place, it's his actual body that's breaking down now.

• 2 weeks later...

England were much improved unfortunately.  One of their openers finally showing up made a difference IMO - all tour they've been under almost constant pressure due to their ineptitude. Not giving themselves a chance.  I don't watch England outside of Ashes, but not sure why Bairstow didn't start the series and didn't play every match?  He was their 4th highest scorer last year was he not?  The boy Buttler has been pretty poor - I know he's one of the top short form players in the world - but hasn't looked comfortable with gloves or bat this summer.

On 1/9/2022 at 8:17 PM, The Cockney Don said:

'Where's ya whitewash gone, WHERE'S YA WHITEWASH GONE'

4-0 - haud that, me ol’ China!

Crazy collapse that, at the end… hard to explain, I don’t think Englands players are actually as bad as they appear. However they just seem subject to these spectacular collapses! At 68-0 they were actually in control and favourites to win the test for the first time in the series! What then followed was incredible!

• 1 month later...

Three test series starts this afternoon in the Carribean, bloody wish i was over there.

Much changed side, no Anderson & Broad in the bowling attack, and Robinson got injured.

Rarely win a Test series there, and may not again this time.

Cockers prediction is a West Indies win in the First Test, followed by an England win in the Second, with the Third going either way.

• Dildo 1
21 hours ago, The Cockney Don said:

Three test series starts this afternoon in the Carribean, bloody wish i was over there.

Much changed side, no Anderson & Broad in the bowling attack, and Robinson got injured.

Rarely win a Test series there, and may not again this time.

Cockers prediction is a West Indies win in the First Test, followed by an England win in the Second, with the Third going either way.

England were bang in trouble before lunch but Bairstow's century means it looks like they'll comfortably get past 300. West Indies are no better than "ok" these days, if England can get to 350 I think it would take the West Indies win out of the equation, draw most likely but the pitch will wear badly by day 4 so England win chances still fairly decent.

I'll stick my neck out and predict  1-1 drawn series

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...