Aberdeen Soccer Casuals - Where/who Are You Now?

Scrumpy

The Donkey Jackets soon turned into Y cardigans, Harringtons and then Flight Jackets before all the trendy sportswear came in.

It doesn't matter what you wear. It's all about the confidence.

All those pastel colours made the casuals look gay as fuck.

Proper Gok Wan-kers.

I've never been a casual, but have got on quite well with a lot of the guys over the years, having done some business with them. I am not averse to getting in a stromash with opposing supporters though - usually innocents getting in the way of my drunken blasts. Some moments I'm not very proud of tucked away in there. In my defence, it's not just limited to football matches, I can be a right fucking arse any time.

I've never been a casual, but have got on quite well with a lot of the guys over the years, having done some business with them. I am not averse to getting in a stromash with opposing supporters though - usually innocents getting in the way of my drunken blasts. Some moments I'm not very proud of tucked away in there. In my defence, it's not just limited to football matches, I can be a right fucking arse any time.

:hysterical: What a thoroughly honest self inventory. Bravo sir.

Big D was with me in Princes Street when we ducked a petrol bomb - I can still feel the heat on my face and the smell of petrol....

Remember Kyle now you mention him but wasn't a close mate

Thanks Tommy

I was on Prince street that day so If you don't recall me you have a iffy memory, :)

I wouldn't have put our numbers at more than 25 so there wasn't a lot of us, you might recall the rest were on the ramp at Waverley when it happened.

Moog was a good lad, stayed in my flat on a number of occasions, his death was a real shock to me, never saw it coming at all.

I was at almost all the events listed in bloody casuals, there were big numbers in those days and I was young compared to most, if you still went right through after the eighties and into the nineties into the MC and PJ eras you'll know me. Bucksburn/Ellon lads always came before the toonsers for me though. :)

I went to a lot of Jays rave nights as well but never gave up the football like most.

Dayts! Set this guy straight! Your honour is being called into question here.

My facebook is a veritable who's who of giants from the casual era, everyone of which would verify the status of the ASC would never have been so high without my being in attendance, I have no need to defend my honour.

Maybe he should see a picture of the back of my head, might recognise that. :cool:

Any lad who has went right from the start and still meets up now knows me, I was drinking with all the lads in the grassmarket before the semi and will see them at the final, big Indie/ska night later this month too in town.

To be fair to scrappy in those days we sometimes had around 800 in number, it dropped to less than 10% percent a few years later and got way more intense, that's when real friends were made, maybe he stopped going like most.

Big D's a toff if a lad, ain't seen him since qots semi.

Weg was a good lad, wasn't keeping best if health fir

a while but last I heard he'd got much better.

Quite a few lads have died in recent years.

Chris Kyle's still on the go.

Weg was doing a lot better last time I saw him, awful disease to have.

Was with Chris when he got arrested in Paris, fine lad when he's not being a racist twat.

Back in the day, I knew people such as (using nicknames only) Puffin, Johnboy, Shunter, Stretch, Weg, Bunter, Shinner, Moog, Mad Dog M, Croits, Newport, Swifty etc etc. Can't think of any more nicknames right now but knew all the the top boys

You class bunter as a top boy? steady on.

Know most of the others, most 80's era, puffin was a fair lad.

"I'll tell you who I've not seen in a while, Stapes. . . he still on the go at the fitba?"

Spoke to him at the semi, poor fucker has lost an eye and diabetes not the best. Walks with a stick now. Great friendly guy, one of the best, been on a few holidays over the years with him and could tell a hundred stories.

Look at my main FB profile pic, stapes is bottom right, got lifted and had to flee home a couple days later. :laughing:

"I'll tell you who I've not seen in a while, Stapes. . . he still on the go at the fitba?"

Spoke to him at the semi, poor fucker has lost an eye and diabetes not the best. Walks with a stick now. Great friendly guy, one of the best, been on a few holidays over the years with him and could tell a hundred stories.

Look at my main FB profile pic, stapes is bottom right, got lifted and had to flee home a couple days later. :laughing:

Ended up drinking with him and a few others at the Olomouc away leg a few years ago. Sound guys.

I was on Prince street that day so If you don't recall me you have a iffy memory, :)

I wouldn't have put our numbers at more than 25 so there wasn't a lot of us, you might recall the rest were on the ramp at Waverley when it happened.

Moog was a good lad, stayed in my flat on a number of occasions, his death was a real shock to me, never saw it coming at all.

I was at almost all the events listed in bloody casuals, there were big numbers in those days and I was young compared to most, if you still went right through after the eighties and into the nineties into the MC and PJ eras you'll know me. Bucksburn/Ellon lads always came before the toonsers for me though. :)

I went to a lot of Jays rave nights as well but never gave up the football like most.

I'm thinking if you're mid forties fae Bucksy then you'll Kane my ma fae Bankhead. I'm gonna ask her about you next time I'm home and dig up some scandal :P

before I moved to Edinburgh, I was about 11 but was rocking the pepe cords, adidas avengers! pepe this pepe that.

I had a spike hair do, me and my pal waiting in the queue for the cinema and this older lad started with a flick, so we were slagging each other and then an even older lad who knew the boy in the queue, started ripping him to pieces about his hair and I think he had even put grolsch bottle tops in his shoes. a la bros!!!! so he got totally torn apart and after that there was nothing left for him to say. what a pish story, but funny at the time.

perms at the back of the head. time for a revival.

before I moved to Edinburgh, I was about 11 but was rocking the pepe cords, adidas avengers! pepe this pepe that.

I had a spike hair do, me and my pal waiting in the queue for the cinema and this older lad started with a flick, so we were slagging each other and then an even older lad who knew the boy in the queue, started ripping him to pieces about his hair and I think he had even put grolsch bottle tops in his shoes. a la bros!!!! so he got totally torn apart and after that there was nothing left for him to say. what a pish story, but funny at the time.

perms at the back of the head. time for a revival.

You never fail to disappoint.

Guest findlay_1903

I'm travelling on jays bus to the final. His brother posts here, he wouldn't tell me his username on the semi bus however. Normally some old asc members on it. All sound boys can't remember many names though. Usually buckled by the time we're over the dee.