Moyes to be sacked

Players don't seem particularly interested in playing for him. Surprised they're waiting till the end of the season if that's in fact the case.

5 million a season for 6 season, 5 of which are left to go... wonder what his pay off will be like.

He'll be gone this week.

SAF will be thinking how good does this make me look?

He's been the problem this season.

The Govan tink undermined him from day one, and continued to do so the whole time.

Disgusting man. Disgusting club.

• Upvote 2

Van Gaal is the early favourite.

Klopp unlikely to leave Dortmund? HAs said in the past anyway that he'd honour contract to 2018.

Simeone must be worth a look.

Heynckes?

Van Gaal? Would be very interesting to see his reaction the first time Rooney throws his toys out of the pram. Does not suffer fools.

Absolutely.

Amazing how football has gone nowadays.

I'm enjoying laughing at them, long may it continue.

It's controlled by market forces and economics.

I live on the other side of the world, in a suburb home to a large University, with an extremely high population of Chinese, Japanese and Korean students. I was amazed when I moved here how popular the EPL was with these young people. You see more EPL jerseys than AFL Guernseys in my neighbourhood.

One think I have absolutely noticed however, is that the number of Man United jerseys and Man United merchandise on display has plummeted rapidly in the space of 12 months. It's actually incredible. These young Asian students invariably come from very wealthy, successful backgrounds and as a result tend to have enormous disposable incomes. They're hooked on the glamour and success of clubs like Manchester United.

Extrapolate this trend over the Asia-Pacific region as a whole and you'll quickly realise that David Moyes had been catastrophic for business.

I thought Jamie Carragher was spot on with his analysis after the Everton v Man U game when he said you watch Man U this season and you don't know what they're trying to do going forward, what their game plan is, the players don't know what they're supposed to be doing. He also said it was a worry listening to Moyes' interview after the game when he said they controlled the game. Never seen a United side so toothless going forward. Didn't inherit a great squad but should have done a lot better than he did. All for sticking by managers but he showed no evidence at all that he could turn it around and he 100% had to go.

This time they'll be interviewing a lot of big names I would think. Might not want to take a risk on a Simione or a Klopp now and just go for a big name that's got a lot of experience. Simione strikes me as a loose cannon character wise but seen a lot of his Atletico side this season and they're extremely well organised and very aggressive. Been unbelievable this season.

A graphic which highlights one of the main differences (some might say the biggest difference) between football today and 20-odd years ago.

Thing is though, could you see Moyes turning it around?

Just like Aberdeen, look at all the failures we've had as managers. One thing we could have done differently (other than not hiring them!) is bin them earlier!