Share Issue

On Twitter, this morning a Daily Record jounalist, Michael Gannon, said we're set for a major financial restructure next season. with potential share issue.

Big payments of £500k would be due every six months or so for the next 5 years.

Are we not paying something like £600k in interest now every year?

I will probably buy shares in the wife's name.

Not in the hope of making money from the shares but for better access to tickets for the numerous massive games we will all be fighting over tickets for.

Black & gold st & two share holders would see me having a spare seat either side so I can sit back & stretch out my arms & watch games in more comfort

Stewrat Milne persuaded the board to take millions from fans almost 20 years ago. It worked so successfully that he did it again soon thereafter. Now he wants us to give him more. For what?

What do we get in return?

A shareholding that is worth fuck all. No priority on tickets, not that there has ever been more than a couple of games in three different decades under his mismanagement where demand has exceeded supply.

This is a blatant act of theft and exploitation, if the proposed shares issue is offered. This is seeing the potential and actual size of the support in the city and shire and seeking to take advantage of it. A new generation of fresh fools to rip off.

You can fuck right off you rat cunt Milne. You may have convinced Chick Young and Deek and Lawrie that "you've put so much into the club" but the balance sheet proves otherwise. Wake up sheeple. The chairman must pay personally for his wrongdoing. He can afford to and it's the only decent thing left for him to do. Every AFC fan who could afford to would. He has fucked our finances and we've been played in his little corporate game. Time to stop. The game's up.

• Upvote 5

This has been spoken about a few times on here. I know you're not stating a small percentage of the debt deal will be due V, but others have suggested such fantasy. It doesn't make sense for a viable trading company to be let off by a lender. The bank is making a very nice sum from the interest every year and has a guarantor for the original capitol, which it can call in at anytime (like rangers). Why would they let us off with the debt in return for a small percentage? It doesn't make sense and is very naive. Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd both paid the majority of bank debt via third party private investors, nothing to do with the banks accepting a massive loss. They did make a compromise, but probably worth a years interest, nothing more.

Yep, you make a lot of sense.

But not all of the clubs debt is to the bank - some is to private individuals like Milne.

So perhaps Share issue is an opportunity for Milne and others to convert these debts to shares.

As well as others putting money in to buy further shares, ordinary fans on the street as well as wealthier fans who can afford to take up a decent chunk of shares.

Then maybe with a modest sum of money to pony up to the bank they may be happy to get the debts off their books at a reduced rate. The bank have made plenty in interest and probably have had enough of toxic football debts which realistically they might wait another 10 years or more to get back in full if they don't want to compromise.

Probably wishful thinking.

But a share issue isn't going to get much takers if the debts to the banks aren't either cleared first or guaranteed to be cleared as part of it.

Who knows, perhaps Milne and others will promise to buy enough shares to pay off 75% of the bank debt if the bank can take a hit on the rest?

Compromise just seems sensible to me.

No. anyone who buys shares in a football club - particularly a Scottish one - and expects a return on their investment is the idiot. Fans just buying up shares is to help their club.

Wouldn't expect anything in a financial return but as someone said above. Something sentimental I.e. Name on your season ticket seat or something would be nice.

I bought 100 shares some years ago so that I could be assured tickets as a shareholder.

This worked until recently when they changed the rules.

For recent big demand games, I was repeatedely told to Fxck off by the ticket office, I'm not getting a ticket.

I'd happily have gone and purchased anither 140 to bring me up to the 240 mark that qualified, but it still wouldn't have been good enough.

You needed at least 240 shares from the last share offering.

I'd just as happily now partake in any new share offering, as those who did 20 years ago.

As an added bonus, the fitba is as good as it's been for many years. Still nae brilliant, but at least you feel the players give a fxck!

Buy shares, don't buy shares the choice is yours. What happened in the past is irrelevant, no matter how pissed off you are about it.

We are where we are financially.

I don't get this post. Neither what you are saying nor what you are implying.

The decision to buy shares is obviously a personal one. That didn't need saying.

How can the past be irrelevant if the same small man is still in charge? You reckon leopards change spots?

Who's pissed off? Me? Aberdeen fans are pissed off at what has happened to our club.

We are where we are financially? What, by accident?

You think one semi-competent manager who may prove to be a competent one who may then grow into a good one is going to wipe out history? I'm talking about a proposed share issue. The subject of debate is the financial management of the club. Deek putting bums on seats may only paper over the cracks. The divisions between the agendas of the fans on one side and the chairman on the other are too deep to be covered by concrete let alone paper.

Personally think that that an oil company would jump at having one of the stands named after it.

Even selling the stadium naming rights.

I don't think oil companies would. It's the service companies with local guys at the top that plough their money into the club. If you look around the advertising boards you'll see Total, BP, Shell, Dana, CNR, Apache, Premier and TAQA - I think this is probably as much as the oil companies will do, business is still tight in the North Sea.

What I understand from what I have read, not looking for your average fan pumping money in but the big oil companies and the like with big investements..Get it done now when there is a bit of a high around the club after a cup win and decent season.

I think your wrong. The club has explorerd every avenue to get cash in via oil companies and it's not happening

There's quite an in depth study and survey of all shapes and sizes of companies currently being undertaken. Aiming to develop relationships within the local business community (primarily) and beyond.

Commissioned/funded part by a group of corp clients and a local business, and being carried out by the chamber of commerce.

Quite wide ranging.

Hopefully we'll get some decent info/contacts out of it for AFC to make some inroads on.

Business is tight in the North Sea?

Could have fooled me like.

I'm big on selling naming rights though, free money for a name nobody will ever use.

Although, with Yule as top dog we might as well just assume the Pitt's getting renamed the Swaco ArenA, who, equip our customers with the systems and technologies that enable them to meet their needs at every stage of the drilling process.