Is Anyone Else Slightly Worried.......

The point is I don't think we have improved the squad. Logan was already in the first team last year and whilst it's great he signed a longer deal I don't consider him signing as improving the squad as he was already there.

Logan hasn't actually signed.

He was on loan from Brentford until the end of June.

June hasn't actually finished yet.

Couldn't be fucked reading the rest, i'd rather go eat Birthday Cake.

Would it have counted if we had signed another right back, instead of Logan permanently, then!?

I think it may of been a case of Logan or hector, either hector wasn't interested in the slightest so DM went for Logan or he has chosen Logan over hector, if the latter is the case I feel that was the wrong choice, I would of Mutch preferred hector

Or the fact the only chance we could of got hector would if been another loan deal at DM decided agains that

I think it may of been a case of Logan or hector, either hector wasn't interested in the slightest so DM went for Logan or he has chosen Logan over hector, if the latter is the case I feel that was the wrong choice, I would of Mutch preferred hector

Or the fact the only chance we could of got hector would if been another loan deal at DM decided agains that

Im assuming this post was meant to be a load of balls. If not, explain how hector is a better right back than Logan. I'm intrigued.
  • Upvote 1

Im assuming this post was meant to be a load of balls. If not, explain how hector is a better right back than Logan. I'm intrigued.

I still can't believe folk wank themselves silly over Hector. He was decent and no more. Pish at right back.

Logan makes much more sense than Hector.

• Upvote 6

Can't understand why anyone would take Hector over Logan. Hector was a good enough CB on his day. Fact is that we have 3 top level SPL CB's with Joe also able to step into the mix. We did not have a right back at all other than youngsters and people playing out of position.

notice the part where I say "I feel" and "I would prefer" these things are called opinions, I'm sure you have yours and I certainly wouldn't question them

You would never question someone else's opinion? Pretty odd.

Anyway, wanting hector over Logan night be an opinion but it's still nonsense.

The drama queen made the point that, to him, signing Logan doesn't count as strengthening the squad as he was in the team last year, hector has nothing to do with it. I want to know if signing another right back would have counted as strengthening even when we had a right back last season.

Not odd no, everyone is entitled to an opinion wrong or right, arrogance is a horrible thing, anyway there's not much difference between the two, Logan being more forward thinking and hector being more defensive (generally what a defenders job is)

There is a definite stain left from the ill advised pursuit of Boyd.

We were massively gazumped by sevco on our number one target.

That's fairly humiliating.

I also notice McInnes called them 'Rangers' when discussing the Boyd situation.

He should be told that he's basically taunting his own support with his propagation of blatant hun spin and lies.

• Upvote 1

I agree with Red square, DM will only sign players that will improve our squad and fortunately we have our team signed up on the long term so have the luxury of waiting for the right player to improve upon it.

I was really impressed with Logan when he came in on loan. Hector was good/ok but feel Logan was a better player overall and right back was a priority signing. Desperately need a left back and a striker at the bare minimum. We are short in a few positions going into our first Europa game against Riga.

Can't believe some are already saying Brown is no good. He's played one match. Give Taylor and Brown a chance before slating them.

At the end of the day you have your opinion on why you find Logan a better play and I have mine on why I find hector a better player, truthfully they are both very different players and play a different type of game

Calm down, its not July jet. You dont even know whats playing on the background. You can't buy players in a rush. You have youth players that break trough and we dont must buy expansive players.
I think we must be happy that boldy Boyd didnt sign. He ask alot of salary. We have a good squad in my opinion with Pawlett, Jack, Rooney, Hayes and a routine player like Naill. First let the best youth players break trough.

Look first in the youth teams and then look for transfers. I hope they can sign some good reinforcement but they must be better then we already have.

Can't understand why anyone would take Hector over Logan. Hector was a good enough CB on his day. Fact is that we have 3 top level SPL CB's with Joe also able to step into the mix. We did not have a right back at all other than youngsters and people playing out of position

He winna be playing much this season as he is worse than shit.

that is all............

Last season might have been sheer fluke.

He might actually be useless for all we know.

Way I see it, we didn't have a clue for a few years, McInnes gaves us a Plan A, but now we need Plan B and C before we get found oot.

Hope that makes sense. It isn't meant to.

If this were a run of the mill close season, we'd still have 5 weeks before the start of the season in which to get players in. So why all the fuss now? Because of a couple of qualifiers for Europe, for which we'll probably not get any further than Q3 in any case. Last season, we were crying out for another proven goalscorer. The release of Vernon, Magennis and Zola will make not one jot to our form. We could, should the need require, play McGinn in a central role, but I think Rooney is always likely to be the lone striker - that looks like McInnes's preferred formation. We most certainly lacked a decent left back, although strangely enough, I thought the most comfortable we looked in defence was when Hayes played there. Alas, we lost that bit of drive and spark when he wasn't playing further forward. Robertson and Considine are not the answer there, nor is Hayes long term. But Hayes will do to start with as long as the likes of Pawlett, Robson, Flood and Jack all stay fit. Left back and striker and happy to put my faith in Shankland, Murray, Low etc. Could do with another rising star a la Fraser or Pawlett, who is cut out for this level but let's see what the kid Wright has to offer. Keep calm and Europa on ;)

If this were a run of the mill close season, we'd still have 5 weeks before the start of the season in which to get players in. So why all the fuss now? Because of a couple of qualifiers for Europe, for which we'll probably not get any further than Q3 in any case. Last season, we were crying out for another proven goalscorer. The release of Vernon, Magennis and Zola will make not one jot to our form. We could, should the need require, play McGinn in a central role, but I think Rooney is always likely to be the lone striker - that looks like McInnes's preferred formation. We most certainly lacked a decent left back, although strangely enough, I thought the most comfortable we looked in defence was when Hayes played there. Alas, we lost that bit of drive and spark when he wasn't playing further forward. Robertson and Considine are not the answer there, nor is Hayes long term. But Hayes will do to start with as long as the likes of Pawlett, Robson, Flood and Jack all stay fit. Left back and striker and happy to put my faith in Shankland, Murray, Low etc. Could do with another rising star a la Fraser or Pawlett, who is cut out for this level but let's see what the kid Wright has to offer. Keep calm and Europa on ;)

See what you did there, very clever.......

:hysterical:

Agree with most of that except I don't like Hayes at LB at all. On his day he is our best attacking player and we miss that if he plays LB.

A striker and left back should be our priority. Do you think McManus will get more game time?

with how we have performed in this transfer window?

Personally I am very frustrated with how its played out so far. We won a cup, finished 3rd, qualified for Europe and we are struggling to significantly improve our squad.

Why did we not go for the ex hearts keeper McDonald? A proven top flight keeper? Instead we sign a guy who has been playing lower league football for his entire career.

Dundee Utd have strengthened their squad and if Clarkson re-signs for Motherwell I would say they have improved. Hearts in the championship have made better signings than us so far.

Not impressed thus far.

Ridiculous post.

Dundee United have signed a couple of 18 year olds from the Huns and Queens Park, as well as a defender from Dunfermline. They lost a few players and need to replace a few yet. They have hardly strengthened.

As for Clarkson at Well...you can hardly claim that they have strengthened also if they sign him. Didn't score many in the few years he was at Bristol Rovers, who were relegated to the Conference last season.

As for Hearts, are you having a laugh? Their new foreign centre half and striker - I doubt many people in Scotland know about them so it's ludicrous to claim they're better signings than what we have made. Keatings, Gomis and Alexander the others. Have a word if you think their transfer business has been better. What should it matter, anyway? They're a league below us.

We're fine as we are for the Riga games. Would like another striker in should we manage to get past them. I'm sure we'll be fine.

Gomis is fkn dreadful I think I'd even take Chris Clark back over us signing pish like him.

Only problem I see at the moment for us is the LB situation. That needs sorting pronto but other than that we can easily afford to take our time & get the RIGHT players in rather than rush into any silly signings.

I haven't seen much of Gomis... but I saw way enough of Chris Clark to know I'd sooner start with a man short.

Surely Gomis is better than that.

Gomis is fkn dreadful I think I'd even take Chris Clark back over us signing pish like him.

Only problem I see at the moment for us is the LB situation. That needs sorting pronto but other than that we can easily afford to take our time & get the RIGHT players in rather than rush into any silly signings.