Is Anyone Else Slightly Worried.......

I've been impressed with Taylor Pre-season. Looking forward to seeing more of him. He's solid and good option for CD. We still need a lefty.

Is it just me that thinks he looks really slow? Although it's maybe a bit unfair to judge him after seeing him play once. Looked like he was running through treacle against Riga.

We are in desperate need of an LB. If we only sign one more player before the transfer deadline, please let it be a solid LB.

Ideally, we need them in asap. We need Hayes playing further up the pitch and Consi, whilst a decent back up for the run of the mill SPL games, if we wan't a chance to compete in Europe we need a naturalised player in that position.

• 2 weeks later...

Must admit I wasn't particularly overwhelmed by the signing over Taylor and having heard he was in the heart of the defence for Tranmere (a team which leaked the most goals in league 1), I was dubious. Really need a left back as Hayes is great when played further forward. Taylor just sounds like the new Calvin Zola.

Fuck #Badcock Shankland should have been on the bench… If that over rated rapi…. can't get his finger out give the kid a chance… Get Wright on as well, and is Monokana any good, then get him on too… If the team were tired after Thursdat then don't play them… Just one game, but what a fucking kick in the baws...

Fuck #Badcock Shankland should have been on the bench… If that over rated rapi…. can't get his finger out give the kid a chance… Get Wright on as well, and is Monokana any good, then get him on too… If the team were tired after Thursdat then don't play them… Just one game, but what a fucking kick in the baws...

They've had 3 days to recover...............?!! If they use the tired excuse I will not pay a single penny to watch them this season. Its only the start of the season. They've had preseason, friendlies and 6 competitive games to prepare for this day and failed. I trust DM to turn this around but if tiredness is used then fuck em!

Back to the signings. Horrific effort from the management team this summer.

First rule of the transfer market - sign better players than you currently have in the first 11. Simply signing a player to sit on the bench is never going to improve things.

Logan was already here - hence no improvement.

Brown is sub goalkeeper from the lower leagues - no improvement.

Taylor - utter rubbish from the lower leagues who was part of one of the worst defences last season, therefore no improvement.

Badcock - may still come good but so far appears to be not fully fit and lacking sharpness. Unless he gets back to his best we were better keeping Vernon.

Loan signing - a five month loan signing from England who apparently when we are 2-0 down is not felt by the management team to be good enough to come off the bench and change things. Therefore a pointless signing and offers no improvement.

They've had 3 days to recover...............?!! If they use the tired excuse I will not pay a single penny to watch them this season. Its only the start of the season. They've had preseason, friendlies and 6 competitive games to prepare for this day and failed. I trust DM to turn this around but if tiredness is used then fuck em!

My point being that the manager should have made the call… St Johnstone didn't do so badly and they were playing away in their Euro leg !

One thing to improve is McInnes use of the squad if he doesnt use the fringe players enough along the way then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy that they arent good enough/sharp enough to be considered when we might like to shuffle the pack.

We seen this last season when he would barely even consider starting Weaver, Low, Tate, Vernon or Zola. Yes they may have been shit but the fact he never played them started to make them beyond shit.

Talked myself into it there - lets start Low on wednesday together with recalls for Hayes, Anderson and Rooney

We got rid of Zola and Magennis and brought in Goodwillie and Rooney.

Call me crazy, but that's a 100% improvement to our forward line. It's like switching shite flavoured ice cream for, maybe not chocolate flavoured but strawberry flavoured at least.

Now we just... has anyone noticed that we need a left back?

The team's in good shape, and we're in no massive rush to bring in someone. It's not like we were a few seasons ago when we more or less needed to change our entire first eleven before we got relegated.

We might need a couple of players, but outside of the Tims probably all the SPFL sides could use a couple of players.

Let's just calm our tits a bit.

• Upvote 3

We got rid of Zola and Magennis and brought in Goodwillie and Rooney.

Call me crazy, but that's a 100% improvement to our forward line. It's like switching shite flavoured ice cream for, maybe not chocolate flavoured but strawberry flavoured at least.

Now we just... has anyone noticed that we need a left back?

The team's in good shape, and we're in no massive rush to bring in someone. It's not like we were a few seasons ago when we more or less needed to change our entire first eleven before we got relegated.

We might need a couple of players, but outside of the Tims probably all the SPFL sides could use a couple of players.

Let's just calm our tits a bit.

We did not bring in Rooney during this window. The problem is we have a very limited budget and the last thing we need is wasting more money on duds.

We have been terrible this window.

We did not bring in Rooney during this window. The problem is we have a very limited budget and the last thing we need is wasting more money on duds.

We have been terrible this window.

Oh, I'm aware of that, I was just pointing out that we've strengthened our forward line 100% over the last season, our midfield is in very decent shape, and we maybe need a defender and a new goalie.

We haven't strengthened because we're not in a mad panic to strengthen. We've gone the route of shirt filler in the past and ended up with hopeless bastards like Ifil and Zola, and frankly we could have saved our time and money and simply promoted a youth player with at least the same level of effectiveness.

If McInnes can't find the person he wants then I don't want him signing any old twat who happens to be available. We're strong enough to compete at the top end of the table as it is. Strengthening will be great, but it needs to be on our terms and with the right player.

Believe me, I'm overtly critical of pretty much everything AFC ever does, ever. There's nothing anyone can tell me about dishing out unwarranted abuse and criticism...

... but as things stand the club is actually going about things the RIGHT way. For the first time in I don't know how many years. They've actually got me to shut the fuck about how piss poor a club we have, and that is NO mean feat.

They'll never be able to please all the fans all the time, but right now I'm pretty happy.

Still... LB and goalie please..

• Upvote 1

I think the point is Ke1t that some of the signings over this transfer window have been shirt fillers. You suggest signing a 'keeper - well one has been signed - a shirt filler. The other signings; Taylor, Monakana and Goodwillie don't look like they will be adding anything to the squad - so they're also shirt fillers.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I think a new signing should be someone that can come in and make an immediate impact on the first team. Fair enough a signing like Shankland who was obviously one for the future - but someone you're taking in that is halfway through their career should be stepping up to the mark. Taylor and Brown don't appear to be ready, Goodwillie has shown very limited promise so far and the bloke Monakana is not even trusted for a substitute run-out whilst chasing a game.

As I stated previously, I would ship all four of them out if it meant we got a decent left back in.

With you on the left back situation, but I'm more worried about McInnes himself.

Since winning the League Cup, we've definitely not been as effective and we've certainly looked short on ideas and inspiration. Teams have basically worked out how to play against us and how to neutralise our strengths. McInnes does seems to struggle when he's forced to deviate far away from his strongest XI. His substitutions are often absolutely baffling too! In truth, I'm not sure he's smart enough to change things up and develop a Plan B.

I have to say straight off the bat that I don't consider Goodwillie to be a shirtfiller at all. The guy has proven himself to be a cracking player at SPL level, and as far as I'm concerned he just needs a good coach to get his touch back.

We do seem to be completely unwilling to look for a keeper to replace Clangers. Why, I don't know, but there has really been no attempt to sign a player to push him at all. And, as I said, we need a goalkeeper.

Monakana could be brilliant for all we know. He could be horseshit. But there's no way to say he's one thing or the other until we see him play. He is, however, a stop-gap, and I wouldn't consider him a 'signing'.

As for Taylor, again, no way of knowing.

Way too early to be writing off any of the signings, though.

In the case of guys like Ifil and Zola you could pretty much tell within the first few games that they were just ridiculously bad players at this level..

As of yet I don't see how it's possible to judge the signing to any real degree.

With you on the left back situation, but I'm more worried about McInnes himself.

Since winning the League Cup, we've definitely not been as effective and we've certainly looked short on ideas and inspiration. Teams have basically worked out how to play against us and how to neutralise our strengths. McInnes does seems to struggle when he's forced to deviate far away from his strongest XI. His substitutions are often absolutely baffling too! In truth, I'm not sure he's smart enough to change things up and develop a Plan B.

Totally with you on that. 100%. I have been feeling bemused by McInnes for a number of months now. With the dons very rarely being impressive since (and including) the cup final. He has shown a total inability to change things when we don't get our own way. This is very much part of his remit. He has it in him I am sure. But there's definitely room for him to improve.

I just can't understand the critique of McInnes? He's had a great season last year and a very strong pre season (taking into consideration our European form) this year. We deserved second place last year and the only real disappointment was the scottish cup semi final. Even after that game I thought we played decent in a few games.