Out Of Contract

58 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Considine already got his one year extension

Hoban......I dont think he is far and away our best defender. Taylor for me has edged him out for player of the year, I really think Hoban has went off the boil since New Year at which point he was certainly our best defender/player. On balance I hope we offer Hoban a couple of years contract (and obviously hope he accepts) but if he sees his future at an EFL 1 or 2 club closer to his family home then I won't be crying any tears. He is eminently replaceable

Easy to slate pretty much all players in the side as shite since new year. Likewise it’s easy for an average player to look competent in a few clean sheet shitefests.

forgot Considine already got his extension 

Just now, dazzy_deff said:

He's never actually been offered any sort of deal. Some discussion with mcinnes but not a formal offer. Definitely off now though. 

Is he hooked up on a pre contract? Ive not heard anything other than theyve decided to head back down south.

5 hours ago, Sheepo said:

I thought overall the lad Mackenzie did well Today considering it was his debut in this shit show, held his position well and got forward well a couple of times, hopefully he gets a run in the team until the end of the season and earns a new deal. I thought Hoban played well Today at right back and would certainly be offering him a new deal. I don't think the defence is our main issue this summer. I think finding attackers is going to be the main job for the new manager 

Defence WILL be an issue, as well as attack.

Hoban, Taylor, Logan, Leigh, Devlin - all likely to be away.

Is the young lad MacKenzie out of contract?

We’d need to bring in virtually a new back four.

We have NO contracted strikers for next season.

All a bit shambolic for the new manager but at least he can bring in his own players which is a positive. 

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

All a bit shambolic for the new manager but at least he can bring in his own players which is a positive. 

its only shambolic to get through our last 6-8 matches with players who are leaving, on 30% wage cuts and no bonuses. As soon as we get to May and release them all it's glorious.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

its only shambolic to get through our last 6-8 matches with players who are leaving, on 30% wage cuts and no bonuses. As soon as we get to May and release them all it's glorious.

Great news as we need to start at back with replacements. If we are going to play an attractive style of football we need ball plying defenders or it all falls on it’s arse! 

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye it’s a shambles, and the blame again lies with McInnes. 

The type of manager we should be targeting should be looking at the situation and thinking it’s a great chance to build a squad of his own early doors though, not looking at it like a burden he’d have to overcome.

26 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The type of manager we should be targeting should be looking at the situation and thinking it’s a great chance to build a squad of his own early doors though, not looking at it like a burden he’d have to overcome.

Alex Neil.

36 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The blame for having dog shit players lies firmly at McInnes door.

But the blame for having 13 players out of contract in one summer lies partly with Dave C and Covid.

It was DC's decision to have no one out of contract in May 2020 as he saw that as something to improve on (McInnes having to rebuild every summer)

Then by virtue of that decision, covid and the decision to move McInnes on (which was clearly taken before the Cosgrove + Wright money was received) has created the situation where the whole team is leaving this summer

33 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The blame for having dog shit players lies firmly at McInnes door.

But the blame for having 13 players out of contract in one summer lies partly with Dave C and Covid.

It was DC's decision to have no one out of contract in May 2020 as he saw that as something to improve on (McInnes having to rebuild every summer)

Then by virtue of that decision, covid and the decision to move McInnes on (which was clearly taken before the Cosgrove + Wright money was received) has created the situation where the whole team is leaving this summer

It’s a blessing in disguise. Dread to think how many would have been kept had Mcinnes been in charge over the summer. I just hope the recruitment is handled a lot better under new manager as it’s been an dreadful as a whole in previous years. 

11 minutes ago, slippers said:

It’s a blessing in disguise. Dread to think how many would have been kept had Mcinnes been in charge over the summer. I just hope the recruitment is handled a lot better under new manager as it’s been an dreadful as a whole in previous years. 

Signing Gleeson and Forrester the same summer (and being bailed out by Ferguson stepping up early) probably the highlight of the shit recruitment for me.