Out Of Contract

On 4/27/2021 at 9:20 PM, Redmist1903 said:

He's a fucking loser. Been part of every single disaster we've endured the last 10 - 15 years. Get rid of him when he's contracts up if not before, no need for him in a coaching role. Pretty easy to be loyal when nae body wants you.

St Johnstone , Dundee teams or Cove beckons for a couple of seasons and he wont have to move hoose ? 

• Upvote 1

On 4/27/2021 at 3:31 PM, AllyDon said:

Was just thinking that myself. 

Hopefully Hedges will get a contract extension soon. If he is not looking to extend them try and get something for him. Really hope he wants to stay on. 

Considine will move into a coaching role. Shown loyalty to the club during his career so would like to see him stay on in some role. 

The player turnover we're going to experience this summer, I can't see the value in letting Hedges go. What sort of fee would you accept for him with a year left on his deal? Probably worth keeping him for the year and accepting he'll go for nothing as he could contribute significantly, particularly knowing he'll have clubs down south watching him. There is still the off chance that he could sign a new deal in that time depending on how things go of course.

2 minutes ago, florin_raducioiu said:

The player turnover we're going to experience this summer, I can't see the value in letting Hedges go. What sort of fee would you accept for him with a year left on his deal? Probably worth keeping him for the year and accepting he'll go for nothing as he could contribute significantly, particularly knowing he'll have clubs down south watching him. There is still the off chance that he could sign a new deal in that time depending on how things go of course.

Don't like players running down contracts so if he is not looking to extend then see what we can get for him. 

Anything above 500k and he can go. Below that and the club have a decision to make. 

I have a feeling he might want to stay on to see how things go with Glass but without an extended contract he can sign a pre-contract in 6 months time.

2 minutes ago, AllyDon said:

Don't like players running down contracts so if he is not looking to extend then see what we can get for him. 

Anything above 500k and he can go. Below that and the club have a decision to make. 

I have a feeling he might want to stay on to see how things go with Glass but without an extended contract he can sign a pre-contract in 6 months time.

If we didnt have such a high turnover, id agree with your point. But turnover is too big for me.

Just now, dazzy_deff said:

If we didnt have such a high turnover, id agree with your point. But turnover is too big for me.

Aye. We got him for free and in the current situation unless we get offered big bucks we're probably better off just keeping him for his final year. As long as he's the Hedges of this season and not the year before. 

Sure I read on here that Hedges was unlikely to sign a contract extension.

We have had about 6 months of him being decent in all the time he's been with us. When he's on form he's an asset but the first season he was with us, after an explosive start he started to hide in matches and couldn't get near the side in the second half of the season. 

Not sure how much he would be worth with a year left on his contract. Under the present circumstances with every side having lost shedloads of cash, I don't think any bids that might come in would be as strong as they might have been pre-pandemic. I'd rather keep him than let him go for £250k but no idea how the club would view a bid like that. I think they'd definitely take £350k.

36 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We have had about 6 months of him being decent in all the time he's been with us. When he's on form he's an asset but the first season he was with us, after an explosive start he started to hide in matches and couldn't get near the side in the second half of the season. 

Not sure how much he would be worth with a year left on his contract. Under the present circumstances with every side having lost shedloads of cash, I don't think any bids that might come in would be as strong as they might have been pre-pandemic. I'd rather keep him than let him go for £250k but no idea how the club would view a bid like that. I think they'd definitely take £350k.

I’d sell at £250k and put towards wage budget, I still say no fees but higher wages on talent. Let’s get the best 20-24 year olds and develop talent that we sell on for big fees 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

club wouldn't even consider a bid like that. Why would we give 1 of our best players away for next to nothing unless he's not in Glass's plans. 

8 hours ago, slippers said:

club wouldn't even consider a bid like that. Why would we give 1 of our best players away for next to nothing unless he's not in Glass's plans. 

This season, out of many before, hasn't been the best of times to suggest players have been stand outs. Near enough all of them have performed below par. To say Hedges or the likes of Campbell have been some of our better players is a bit embarrassing. Neither have exactly been blazing a trail. Hedges for me, flatters to deceive and half the time is just a hair breath away from losing control of the ball. There's a player in there for sure.... but he's like a really, REALLY rough diamond in the mold of Maddison. I dunno he's what we need and is a bit of a lightweight when it comes to a tackle.

3 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

This season, out of many before, hasn't been the best of times to suggest players have been stand outs. Near enough all of them have performed below par. To say Hedges or the likes of Campbell have been some of our better players is a bit embarrassing. Neither have exactly been blazing a trail. Hedges for me, flatters to deceive and half the time is just a hair breath away from losing control of the ball. There's a player in there for sure.... but he's like a really, REALLY rough diamond in the mould of Maddison. I dunno he's what we need and is a bit of a lightweight when it comes to a tackle.

Come on min. 

He was shite last season but he was excellent for 3 months this season until he got stupidly moved to right wing back. Plenty of end product as well. 

And he's absolutely nothing like Maddison. Completely different types of players. 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Come on min. 

He was shite last season but he was excellent for 3 months this season until he got stupidly moved to right wing back. Plenty of end product as well. 

And he's absolutely nothing like Maddison. Completely different types of players. 

I didn't say he was similar to Maddison or fufilled a similar role.... I said in the same mold. Which is really a back handed compliment as he's the kind of player you could maybe see playing at a higher level, as he has the potential. Just fails to do it on a regular basis in my mind. That said, I'd much rather we had him playing than Kennedy!

It all comes down to how we each interpret what Glass sees as the level this team has to be playing at. Guys like Taylor, Kamberi, etc.... I don't think that's anywhere near the quality he'll be expecting to get through the door. Hedges is here for another season anyway, so it's moot point really.

41 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

This season, out of many before, hasn't been the best of times to suggest players have been stand outs. Near enough all of them have performed below par. To say Hedges or the likes of Campbell have been some of our better players is a bit embarrassing. Neither have exactly been blazing a trail. Hedges for me, flatters to deceive and half the time is just a hair breath away from losing control of the ball. There's a player in there for sure.... but he's like a really, REALLY rough diamond in the mold of Maddison. I dunno he's what we need and is a bit of a lightweight when it comes to a tackle.

That’s harsh re Hedges mate..when him and the prick that went to the Huns were fit, along with Watkins, we played some really decent  football. He always looked a threat, decent touch and skill and quick...one, if not the stand out for the season. So much improved on the previous season. I hope we keep him..

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

That’s harsh re Hedges mate..when him and the prick that went to the Huns were fit, along with Watkins, we played some really decent  football. He always looked a threat, decent touch and skill and quick...one, if not the stand out for the season. So much improved on the previous season. I hope we keep him..

See, this for me is the problem. McInnes' reign got to the stage where we thought the likes of Scott Wright and Ryan Hedges were quality and folk are bumming Dean Campbell up as one of our best options in midfield. Also, I didn't really get what the hype was about Watkins. I thought he was bang average. How far our expectation levels have fallen he. Oh well, here's to more Scott Brown's to lift the bar eh.

2 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

See, this for me is the problem. McInnes' reign got to the stage where we thought the likes of Scott Wright and Ryan Hedges were quality and folk are bumming Dean Campbell up as one of our best options in midfield. Also, I didn't really get what the hype was about Watkins. I thought he was bang average. How far our expectation levels have fallen he. Oh well, here's to more Scott Brown's to lift the bar eh.

I didn’t say he was quality mate, I said he was vastly improved from previous year and we played some of our best football, when he, the hun and Watkins were fit..he’s a decent player and has shown an ability to improve in his time with the club. Hopefully, there’s scope for him to improve further, which may make him quality in the future...I maintain he’s stood out in what’s largely been a shitfest though..

6 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

I didn’t say he was quality mate, I said he was vastly improved from previous year and we played some of our best football, when he, the hun and Watkins were fit..he’s a decent player and has shown an ability to improve in his time with the club. Hopefully, there’s scope for him to improve further, which may make him quality in the future...I maintain he’s stood out in what’s largely been a shitfest though..

I agree he looks better than what we have. But when you're comparing him with Kennedy, McLennan, Hayes and McGinn earlier in the year... that's not much competition is it. Would he get a game for the hun or tims? We need half a dozen players that would get into their starting line up. Christ, Ryan Jack is like one of their top performers when fit! Hedges for me would make a good impact sub.

34 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I agree he looks better than what we have. But when you're comparing him with Kennedy, McLennan, Hayes and McGinn earlier in the year... that's not much competition is it. Would he get a game for the hun or tims? We need half a dozen players that would get into their starting line up. Christ, Ryan Jack is like one of their top performers when fit! Hedges for me would make a good impact sub.

I love your optimism, min, but if half a dozen of our  players would get in their starting line up, the sad reality is they wouldn’t be here very long.

having said that, If we can source the players that keep Ryan H on the bench, coz they’re of a higher quality, I will be delighted..

2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Your viewpoints on football are fucking odd.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, donswin1983 said:

I love your optimism, min, but if half a dozen of our  players would get in their starting line up, the sad reality is they wouldn’t be here very long.

having said that, If we can source the players that keep Ryan H on the bench, coz they’re of a higher quality, I will be delighted..

Sounds like Hedges will be back on the bench on Saturday.

Glass optimistic “he’ll be involved” which is usually managerial speak for on the bench & will get 20 minutes towards the end.

Will be good to see him back, he’d been our best player before getting injured. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Sounds like Hedges will be back on the bench on Saturday.

Glass optimistic “he’ll be involved” which is usually managerial speak for on the bench & will get 20 minutes towards the end.

Will be good to see him back, he’d been our best player before getting injured. 

Amen to that 

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Is Jozo Šimunović a viable option? Have heard his name being banded about but no idea if its just idle speculation or if there is substance to it.

Left Celtic last year and had a serious knee injury and no idea if he's had a club since, doesn't look like it. Only 27.

Think this is speculation with Brown arriving. I actually thought he looked decent enough when he was at Celtic.